Rccl cruiser thinking about msc yacht club on seaside?

Not sailed yet

But we have Seaside YC booked for Spring Break 2019.

Black card match

5% discount on cruise fare

$150.00 OBC

Free WiFi

All drinks included in all restaurants

Speciality restaurant x2

Dedicated restaurant (Coastal kitchen equivalent)

Private pool area (not restricted to adults only).

The cost of our Royal Suite was cheaper than a GS on any of the Oasis class ships.

They have an RS either side of the ship.

YC suites do go very quickly;)

Will be a few months to report on this, but from the reviews I have been reading, certainly seems to be the way we will be cruising in the future.

And will be doing a comparison review.

Like yoursefl George we typically sail in GS or above:cool:

We are really looking forward to a New style of ship with a reported Euro-US feel to it.

Happy Days!

You really cannot compare the Preziosa to the Seaside. Very, very different ships. Seaside is amazing.

The Yacht Club is amazing on any of the MSC ships that offer it. To get the same level of personalized service on Royal Caribbean, you would have to be in Star Class. However, the least expensive Star Class cabin costs about four times as much as the least expensive Yacht Club cabin. Of course the least expensive Star Class cabin is also about four times as large as the least expensive Yacht Club cabin. However, there are those of us to whom service and perks are more important than cabin size and, unlike MSC, Royal Caribbean does not allow you to separate those two considerations. Some of the largest suites on the MSC Seaside (the Grand Suites) are not even in the Yacht Club and some of the cabins that are in the Yacht Club are inside cabins.

Suite is smaller but bigger than sky suite on summit about 270 sq ft not counting balcony , just applied for matching perks and am diamond plus. I am sure entertainment will not match rccl but perks seem great.

Drinks included with meals only or elsewhere on the ship? Or is there a drinks package?

Have not really investigated the drink packages as with our reservation all fully included.

In all our years of cruising we have never purchased an adults drinks package;)

And the wife sure likes to drink

As far as I am aware, everywhere

Plus a stocked mini bar in the room

Happy Days!

We sailed MSC Divina last year in the Yacht Club, and this year sailed the Seaside in the Yacht Club. We enjoyed the amenities of the Yacht Club (private lounge, private restaurant, private pool and sundeck) better than the Haven on NCL Escape. At the present time, the Yacht Club is a great value for the price, it was $2,000 less than a comparable Haven Courtyard balcony cabin on NCL Escape. Free drinks are included and that is free drinks throughout the whole ship, not just the Yacht Club.

Msc website says everywhere , a weeks cruise is just over 2k per person, priviate suite pool, and that price is before my discount. Celebrity edge has suite area and pool and same week was over 4K per.

Msc website says everywhere , a weeks cruise is just over 2k per person, priviate suite pool, and that price is before my discount. Celebrity edge has suite area and pool and same week was over 4K per.

We have been pricing up the Edge as well and will probably lean towards Seaside again or Seaview.

But the wife is adamant on going on Edge:o

Like you quoted double the price.

Really is a no brainer

George C...you are in luck...we are pretty loyal to Royal cruisers, love our suites, die hard Oasis class fans. I'm sailing YC on the Seaside in 20 days and looking to make comparisons. We'll be going in with an open mind but it will also be an experiment of sorts. I'll be live blogging the whole trip over on the MSC board here on CC and happy to answer any questions as I go along. We also have 2 Star Class bookings following this. Also an experiment of sorts [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lovetocruise2002

Have sailed 3 Transatlantics in RC Grand Suites, and one week in the Seaside Yacht Club. No comparison....Seaside Yacht Club.

There is no need for specialty restaurants. Just about anything you could want is included as well as gelato, etc. Any drinks we could think of. Different wines with dinner. Filet Mignon and grilled lobster for lunch by the private pool....etc., etc................You even have your private guest services deck at the entrance. Very nice for the price.

Have sailed 3 Transatlantics in RC Grand Suites, and one week in the Seaside Yacht Club. No comparison....Seaside Yacht Club.

There is no need for specialty restaurants. Just about anything you could want is included as well as gelato, etc. Any drinks we could think of. Different wines with dinner. Filet Mignon and grilled lobster for lunch by the private pool....etc., etc................You even have your private guest services deck at the entrance. Very nice for the price.

Lenny,

Were the crepes included with YC

I have heard conflicting answers on this

TIA

Lenny,

Were the crepes included with YC

I have heard conflicting answers on this

TIA

This is a super hot topic on other forums right now. Apparently, the stopped including them just two weeks ago. However, many have also said that if you booked prior to them discontinuing it then they should honour it. I've basically printed out the comparison chart and it's date is noted and I'm bringing it along with me. Will report on whatever happens.

This is a super hot topic on other forums right now. Apparently, the stopped including them just two weeks ago. However, many have also said that if you booked prior to them discontinuing it then they should honour it. I've basically printed out the comparison chart and it's date is noted and I'm bringing it along with me. Will report on whatever happens.

Thanks for the heads up

Appreciated.

Thanks everyone, I think I will book as soon as they do my match for perks, I always enjoyed my rccl cruises and perks . But really looking forward to trying msc again. Wish rccl had private pool or suite restaurant on all ships not just a few. Celeberty suite perks were really nice.

Thanks everyone, I think I will book as soon as they do my match for perks, I always enjoyed my rccl cruises and perks . But really looking forward to trying msc again. Wish rccl had private pool or suite restaurant on all ships not just a few. Celeberty suite perks were really nice.

I waited for my Black card match also. However, you don't have to. They will adjust the price after your match.

I'm only mentioning this because the Yacht Club sells out very quickly. (That's why we're going next week ….I never cruise in July, but I didn't want to wait till next year for a Yacht Club balcony.)

We were in Yacht Club on Divina...loved it, and I hear Seaside is even better.