Is Room Service Still Complimentary for Continental Breakfast?

As the thread title says, Is room service complimentary for continental breakfast? I've seen threads claiming this but when I look on Royal Caribbean's web site they only say "There is a $7.95 service charge per room for ALL room service orders". Can anyone confirm which it is?

Thanks

As the thread title says, Is room service complimentary for continental breakfast? I've seen threads claiming this but when I look on Royal Caribbean's web site they only say "There is a $7.95 service charge per room for ALL room service orders". Can anyone confirm which it is?

Thanks

Here is the menu:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/data/dining/room-service/menu/In-Stateroom-Room-Service-Full-Menu-web.pdf

Thank you molly 361 and again Bob. The menu really clinches it no? Funny how RCI makes no mention (at least where I could find it).

One other room service related question. I also found another reference:

"An 18% gratuity is additional and will automatically be added to your check"
What do they base the 18% on? The $7.95 service charge? If so then I guess the service charge is really $9.38.

We were recently on the Oasis where we ordered room service. We ordered oatmeal, toast, blueberry muffin, fruit plate, coffee, milk, and orange juice. There was no charge. We selected a 10:00-10:30 delivery. About 9:50, we got a call stating that our meal was on its way. We tipped the delivery person $4.

Thank you molly 361 and again Bob. The menu really clinches it no? Funny how RCI makes no mention (at least where I could find it).

One other room service related question. I also found another reference: What do they base the 18% on? The $7.95 service charge? If so then I guess the service charge is really $9.38.

Yes , the $7.95 is not $7.95 but is $9.38!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Figured I'd revive and old thread instead of creating a new one.  I'm getting a report  that the room service charge is being charged for everything now, even continental.  Does anyone know if this has recently changed (past few months) or is possible that it's only ship specific?

Edited by Mr. Candyman

15 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Figured I'd revive and old thread instead of creating a new one.  I'm getting a report  that the room service charge is being charged for everything now, even continental.  Does anyone know if this has recently changed (past few months) or is possible that it's only ship specific?

I haven’t heard of anything suggesting that there is now a charge for continental breakfast. If that were indeed the case there would have been numerous posts about it here. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Where are you getting this report.   .??

B5C1F180-D1AA-476B-A7B8-9758B01EB171.png

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I haven’t heard of anything suggesting that there is now a charge for continental breakfast. If that were indeed the case there would have been numerous posts about it here. 

That's what I thought and always come here first.

2 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Where are you getting this report.   .??

B5C1F180-D1AA-476B-A7B8-9758B01EB171.png

A PAX that was just on in November.  This is part of the convo:  Just letting you know what we just experienced. And we did let the VP of Hotel know. He kept chatting with us every time he saw us. they told us there was a fee even for the coffee being delivered...guess THEY were charging everyone for everything that cruise lol

20 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

A PAX that was just on in November.  This is part of the convo:  Just letting you know what we just experienced. And we did let the VP of Hotel know. He kept chatting with us every time he saw us. they told us there was a fee even for the coffee being delivered...guess THEY were charging everyone for everything that cruise lol

That $7.95 clearly refers to the specialty selections and not the continental part above it. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

It sounds like there was some misunderstanding by the person on board. 

That's what I was thinking but when you get management involved, I would think miscommunication would get cleared up.  All that was ordered was coffee and a muffin.  I didn't want to push or argue with her because I am wrong at times.

I’ve been cruising for about 25 years. I went on my first cruise as a teenager on the Celebrity Zenith and have cruised on average once a year since. It’s sad to see all of the up charges and “nickel and diming” over the years. I really love cruising but I’m starting to think Caribbean resorts are a better option. The only thing I can think of that has changed for the better is the drink package and even that they are starting to charge an arm and a leg for. 

13 minutes ago, Nyc2tropics said:

It’s sad to see all of the up charges and “nickel and diming” over the years...

Every time I start thinking the same way, I remember that I paid considerably more to sail in 1993 aboard the Monarch of the Seas, than what we will be paying to sail on Freedom of the Seas in 2020. Adjusted for inflation, we paid $1800pp for an inside cabin on the Monarch and we will be paying $775pp for a panoramic ocean view on the Freedom.

I’m glad to have the option to pay for room service at the current fares instead of paying a higher fare that includes something that I may or may not use. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Every time I start thinking the same way, I remember that I paid considerably more to sail in 1993 aboard the Monarch of the Seas, than what we will be paying to sail on Freedom of the Seas in 2020. Adjusted for inflation, we paid $1800pp for an inside cabin on the Monarch and we will be paying $775pp for a panoramic ocean view on the Freedom.

I’m glad to have the option to pay for room service at the current fares instead of paying a higher fare that includes something that I may or may not use. 

I get what you’re saying and maybe you’re right. But I also paid $1200 for a flat screen tv 10 years ago that now costs about $400 new. So I don’t know, seems like the cruise lines keep adding cabins during the refurbs, making the ships even more crowded and up-charge for the better meals. I love cruising, but let’s face it, it’s gone downhill. Some cruise lines don’t even serve lobster tails in the main dining room anymore. Having said that, I’m going on the Oasis out of NJ in May and taking some family that has never cruised before. I hope everything goes smooth and they like it.