Amex - American Express offer - $75 off on $350 spent July 2018

LMaxwell

It was on my cards so I just made 4 payments on 2019 cruise and saved $300! Got all my congratulations emails from Amex right away. Thanks again for posting....

Isn't it only good for a one time $75 credit when you spend $350 or more with Carnival? I didn't think you could do 4 payments of $350 each and get $300 in credits but I could be wrong...hopefully I'm wrong.

Isn't it only good for a one time $75 credit when you spend $350 or more with Carnival? I didn't think you could do 4 payments of $350 each and get $300 in credits but I could be wrong...hopefully I'm wrong.

I believe the person you quoted has four different Amex cards, each one had the offer available.

You can use multiple American Express cards if you have different login information for each one but you can’t do the offer multiple times on the same card.

On the last save 100 for spending 500, I was able to use it on a couple of my Amex cards for my upcoming Princess cruise.

While you’re in your Amex offers, there’s another good one for saving 60 when spending 300 at Starwood hotels.

As long as you make a $350 payment that has the benefit added to the card you pay with you could make as many payments as you want. This is the third time I’ve used this benefit but the last 2 were spend $500 save $100. Each card you use has to have a separate on line account set up. I have one account that I have one of my sons and my husband as authorized card holders so I set up separate on line accounts for each card and add the offer to each card. Then I add it to a separate account of my husbands. I made 4 separate payments of $350 on each card. Two payments on one cabin and then one payment on each of 2 other cabins.

Can you use this offer for a cruise booked with a travel agent?????

I am about to find out (will be making a payment via my TA later today). I guess is that yes, it will, as long as the charge comes through to Amex as "Carnival Cruise Line Reservation", it should work no matter who actually makes the payment using your Amex card.

I am about to find out (will be making a payment via my TA later today). I guess is that yes, it will, as long as the charge comes through to Amex as "Carnival Cruise Line Reservation", it should work no matter who actually makes the payment using your Amex card.

Update: My TA made a payment and I immediately got the "congratulations" email from Amex. So even though the T&C's of the offer do not specifically mention payment by a TA, it will be honored as long as the charge comes from Carnival and not the TA agency.

You can go online to your Amex card and actually order a secondary card as if you were going to give one say to your spouse but you can actually use your own name and get a secondary card - Then when the knew card comes just create it's own login for that card and you can add that deal to the card - I found out you can order a card in your own name by accident because I logged into my own account instead of my hubbies account - So now I have 5 cards in my name that I can do the deal on

Ugh only have gratuities left to pay and it doesn't get me to $350 to use this. so annoying!!

You could contact carnival if it's not past your payment due date and have them refund $350 I have done that before when my travel agent made a $100 and $400 payment on a previous amex deal so I had to have him get it refunded and charge it all at once

That language is only there because of travel agents that take payments in their name and remit to carnival. The payment must show as being charged by Carnival. Have used this offer numerous times and it is not on new bookings only. Honestly, they don't care if you even have a booking at all. There have been times I haven't had a reservation and paid on someone else's for them to get the rebate.

Hi - do you know

1. Can it be multiple transactions that add up to 35?

2. If #1 is yes, will it work on soda card purchase?

Tha ks!

Hi - do you know

Tha ks!

No it has to be $350 all at once ... And no it does not work on Fun Shop Purchases as that gets billed as something other than Carnival ... I Know because I tried to buy cruise cash thinking it would save me $100 from $500 when it did not credit me I just had the fun shop refund it

Hi - do you know

Tha ks!

I think you are going to need fresh data points in order to confirm. The past 3 Amex Offers that I was able to take advantage of were listed as "world's leading cruise lines" instead of "Carnival". I know there was a Carnival offer i18 months ago or so but I was not targeted for that and didn't find much data points online.

1. The vast majority of Amex offers allow for multiple transactions in order to trigger the offer, however the terms for this offer state that it must be a single purchase (not always enforced). The last World's Leading Cruise Lines" Offer allowed multiple transactions.

2. As far as I can tell for the past Amex Offers purchases from the fun shops, excursions and gift cards did not trigger the offer. I have the offers on 4 of my cards but can only have enough payments due to use 3 of them so I may try a gift card purchase to see if it triggers. Before I pull the trigger though, trying to convince my wife to book another cruise but we have 3 in the next 17 months so not gonna be easy.

Ugh only have gratuities left to pay and it doesn't get me to $350 to use this. so annoying!!

Same here, just under $350 :(

I could add carnival trip insurance too but I don’t want that and would negate any statement credit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same here, just under $350 :(

I could add carnival trip insurance too but I don’t want that and would negate any statement credit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do get trip med insurance coverage at no extra cost. It may not be a cash credit but still something of value.

Bumping... still waiting to see if someone might post the link please? I too have the Delta card, and this offer doesn't show up, but had same issue before. Someone had posted the link though and when I used it, I was able to add it.

Would appreciate it.

You could contact carnival if it's not past your payment due date and have them refund $350 I have done that before when my travel agent made a $100 and $400 payment on a previous amex deal so I had to have him get it refunded and charge it all at once

Thanks but my trip is July 31..already past the due date :(

I didn't have a link. When I logged on to Amex to look at account, I looked under member/benefits to see if there were any offers I was interested in. I just scrolled down the list of offers and saw one for Carnival, clicked on it and added to my card. Haven't redeemed it yet. My friend has delta sky miles and she doesn't have it on her card, even called Amex, and they told her she didn't have it.

On the carnival Mastercard offer that was out recently, I couldn't get that one for some reason, certainly not because I don't use it!

Can I pay through my Cruise Manager on Carnivals Site?

Yes you can.

ETA: Provided you booked directly with Carnival (online, PVP or reservation agent) and have the "My Billing" section of your booking open to accept balance payments. If you booked through a TA, you have to work with that TA to make the payment.

Yes you can.

ETA: Provided you booked directly with Carnival (online, PVP or reservation agent) and have the "My Billing" section of your booking open to accept balance payments. If you booked through a TA, you have to work with that TA to make the payment.

Thank you, Booked with my PVP.