Amex - American Express offer - $75 off on $350 spent July 2018

LMaxwell

Same here, just under $350 :(

I could add carnival trip insurance too but I don’t want that and would negate any statement credit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depending on where you live, you could book a future Inspiration/Imagination 4-day out of Long Beach (plenty of dates for around $170 pp for an inside). They finished an expansion of the check-in dome at Long Beach that makes embarkation much nicer, and Carnival has plans in the works for a port expansion in Ensenada as well. Unlike the Caribbean, you'll rarely see another ship at the same time in Catalina or Ensenada, so that and the low passenger count makes it an affordable and relaxing winter escape for me.

I'm not sure about using this with travel agents.

In offer terms:

Offer valid only for qualifying reservations booked directly via www.carnival.com and by phone at 1-800-764-7419 between 7/2/2018 and 7/31/2018.

As I posted above (#35), yes it can be used with TA's as long as the TA simply uses your Amex card to make the payment directly with Carnival versus taking payment from you then paying Carnival from their own funds.

It’s never on the Delta Amex cards. If someone posts the backdoor link you can add it to it.

On the last 500, 100 off it wasn't on my Delta Amex either, got it on the others but not Delta Amex.

It was on my Delta AMEX card for the 500 with 100 off. I never had to go through any back door either.

New offer on both my cards this morning. Woohoo! Time to pay down 2019 cruise a little bit and reap the savings. Check your Amex account and add the offer.

Two cards. Paid $700 towards our Dec. Dream cruise. $150 credit.

Thanks for letting me know about the offer.

B

Update: My TA made a payment and I immediately got the "congratulations" email from Amex. So even though the T&C's of the offer do not specifically mention payment by a TA, it will be honored as long as the charge comes from Carnival and not the TA agency.

good to know.. I have a 7500 MR points for $350 spending on my AMEX GOLD card. I will split my payment of $1400 on 2 of my cards .. $375 on AMEX and remaining on my Chase reserve

This is a much more restrictive offer than the previous $100 back for spending on $500. It specifically excludes the other Carnival Corporation owned lines other than Carnival. It also says it had to be booked on their website or 800 number (though it seems from posts in this thread that that is not true.)

Eh, this offer isn't as good. Between the AARP discount and cashback for that purchase, I'd save about $30 going this route. Or with my Chase Sapphire Reserve, I'd save $60, but lose included insurance coverage.

Now if you have 2-3 American Expresses with this offer, that could be something.

Eh, this offer isn't as good. Between the AARP discount and cashback for that purchase, I'd save about $30 going this route. Or with my Chase Sapphire Reserve, I'd save $60, but lose included insurance coverage.

Now if you have 2-3 American Expresses with this offer, that could be something.

not sure how you figure your only saving $30 ... Your saving $75 which is 21-22% which is over double what you save with AARP

I just did the deal 6 times now down to under $200 for each of the rooms I have booked for cruise in December ... So will use discounted AARP cards to pay for that

For reference the hubby and I each have an account with american express and then we have additional cards for each account - So as long as you create a separate login for each card you can add the deal to each of the cards even if they share and account

This is a much more restrictive offer than the previous $100 back for spending on $500. It specifically excludes the other Carnival Corporation owned lines other than Carnival. It also says it had to be booked on their website or 800 number (though it seems from posts in this thread that that is not true.)

Yes it is limited to Carnival Cruise Line itself and not the other brands under the Carnival Corporate umbrella. I'm thinking that World's Leading Cruise Lines offer (which includes HAL, Princess, Cunard, Seaborne) will come back later this year or early next year. And yes, you do not have to book directly with Carnival but can through a TA and get the offer. FYI, our first $75 credit appeared this morning after making payment late on July 2nd through our TA.

not sure how you figure your only saving $30 ... Your saving $75 which is 21-22% which is over double what you save with AARP

10% of $350 is $35 (already saved through AARP). My 2% card on $315 would give me $6.30 back. $75-$41.30 = $33.70 difference in savings. I like to save money, don't get me wrong. $33.70 isn't huge though.

Do you know if this offer will work, it we book through Travel agent? Offer says that it has to be booked through carnival or their call center.

Has someone been able to get it through TA?

Do you know if this offer will work, it we book through Travel agent? Offer says that it has to be booked through carnival or their call center.

I use a TA and as long as your TA sends your payments directly thru carnival it will work ... I know there are a few agents that will charge it to their company and then send the payment to the cruise lines and in that case it would not work

Yes. My TA made the payment for us yesterday (2 x $350) and we received the notice of using the offer immediately. This morning the rewards points (I didn't get the $75 offer; received 7,500 points for each payment instead) were in our account. I'll cash those points out for the Carnival card offered through the Amex rewards page.

10% of $350 is $35 (already saved through AARP). My 2% card on $315 would give me $6.30 back. $75-$41.30 = $33.70 difference in savings. I like to save money, don't get me wrong. $33.70 isn't huge though.

OK .... 41.30 is not huge either only a few dollars more .... so your saving the amount you were going to originally going to save but then on top of that saving an additional $33.70 sure go ahead and just use your little credit card and lose out on that savings -- That is almost double the savings I mean if it's not a big deal why bother trying to save at all just pay for your cruise out right and don't waste your time buying gift cards

I cannot find this on my Delta Amex or my husbands. Will someone please post the link? I know several people have asked but I don't see it. Thanks!
That's because there is no link. Offer is either on your card or it's not.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk