What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

I am sailing on the Escape this Sunday and put my bid in at the 80 day mark. My bid was just accepted today so yes, sometimes they come this late in the game.

After my bid was accepted, the entire cruise showed as sold out & now it does not even appear on NCL.com.

My minimum bid was in the poor range and I'm assuming that since there had not been any movement in inventory all week long, that could have been a contributing factor in why it was accepted.

48 minutes ago, littleboy said:

I put a bid on my nov3 cruise and have not heard anything so don’t think this not good news we have a midship cabin and will be happy with it.

My last cruise I won the bid, I found out on Tuesday and my cruise was leaving Sunday. If your bid still says pending you're still in the game. If it says processing you won. Good luck!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Some Schmoo said:

dexddd:  Yes, just the two of us. Will you be on this TA?

Unfortunately, no.  Just wanted to give any room info if needed.  We've stayed in SB/OS on Dawn and I've seen post refurb pics of Star SB/OS.

You'll love the room - front and side balconies, 1/2 bath, super huge bathroom with large closet.  Dining nook.  Large living room.  Very quiet area of the ship.

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Unfortunately, no.  Just wanted to give any room info if needed.  We've stayed in SB/OS on Dawn and I've seen post refurb pics of Star SB/OS.

You'll love the room - front and side balconies, 1/2 bath, super huge bathroom with large closet.  Dining nook.  Large living room.  Very quiet area of the ship.

Thanks for the info dexddd. Really looking forward to this trip. Do you know if NCL still offers the three bottles of liquor with this room and if so, can they be switched for wine?

11 hours ago, littleboy said:

I put a bid on my nov3 cruise and have not heard anything so don’t think this not good news we have a midship cabin and will be happy with it.

We are waiting also on the same cruise - but I don't expect to get the upgrade since what I bid on is still showing sold out

19 hours ago, spacedaisy said:

This happened to me last year, too. NCL hid my sailing from their site, so I searched other travel websites, and was able to see available cabins for our cruise. Hope it works for you! They will probably add your sailing back on the NCL site in a few days. 

and they just did. You were right. :)

We are ok with the cabin we got (deck 5, OV, underneath the MDR), but I feel bad for my mom - deck 8, forward inside.

1 hour ago, brer111 said:

We are waiting also on the same cruise - but I don't expect to get the upgrade since what I bid on is still showing sold out

Its showing sold out but the cabinsyou are looking at may be upgrading and your choice will open up. If it still says pending you are still in the game.

4 hours ago, Some Schmoo said:

Thanks for the info dexddd. Really looking forward to this trip. Do you know if NCL still offers the three bottles of liquor with this room and if so, can they be switched for wine?

Yes, they do plus unlimited in room water (1.5L usually for Aquafina) and/or San Pellegrino and soda (12 oz cans).  There are six wines on the list.  Around 50 days out, you should get luggage tags and a one page letter with concierge in Miami contact info.  Ask them for the amenities info and it should come with the list of soda, the booze, pillows, tea, etc.

Doc1.docx

On 10/17/2018 at 6:33 AM, dexddd said:

Thanks dexddd. GREAT news!  I previously received my luggage tags, but can easily update them to reflect the new room assignment (due to the short time remaining before departure). I had also previously emailed them re: room requests, but I will email again re: the liquor/wine. Thanks again. 

Just received notice our minimum bid offer accepted moving from a BC to an SF aft facing penthouse suite on Jade 12/07/18 sailing. We are thrilled as we sailed in an SF last december 2017.  Seems pretty early for an award, but maybe due to platinum latitudes status..  We will be on the NCL Sun the prior ten days in our first forward facing balcony  

Happy Cruising 

1 hour ago, get a life said:

Just received notice our minimum bid offer accepted moving from a BC to an SF aft facing penthouse suite on Jade 12/07/18 sailing. We are thrilled as we sailed in an SF last december 2017.  Seems pretty early for an award, but maybe due to platinum latitudes status..  We will be on the NCL Sun the prior ten days in our first forward facing balcony  

Happy Cruising 

Congrats! Enjoy your cabin!!

Just curious what it is to learned from "pending" or do they actually remove your offer when they email you a refusal (I read they do with successful ones).  I currently have two offers in for a B2B sailing so bidding differently for each one as they are of different lengths.

But in the past I have unsuccessfully bid and got the "sorry" email 2 days prior to sailing.  The whole time it still showed "pending."  So while perhaps assuring to know, it really doesn't translate to good news coming......but possible!

Fingers crossed for those waiting and for my own offers.  Since I'm solo, I'm charged double so I'm way on the low side.  And happy to stay where I am if it works out that way as they had great solo rates.  

Has anyone from the Breakaway Jan 6 2018 from New Orleans cruise received an email to upgrade yet? 

We have an inside cabin booked right now. I'm wondering if we might be given the chance to bid on, say an O1 cabin or if you are only given the option of OX? 

35 minutes ago, Tw in OR said:

Has anyone from the Breakaway Jan 6 2018 from New Orleans cruise received an email to upgrade yet? 

We have an inside cabin booked right now. I'm wondering if we might be given the chance to bid on, say an O1 cabin or if you are only given the option of OX? 

I'm not on that sailing, but on my October 28th sailing it was simply listed as Oceanview, no further category specified.

I'm curious.  Currently, two of us are sailing in an SB (Owner's Suite with 2 balconies) on the Star 12/21/18. I'm able to put in a bid for the Garden Villa.  My question is if I get it can I add more people to the reservation before sailing? I can't see only two of us sailing in a 3-bedroom Garden Villa.

Thanks.

Edited by jimd909

On 10/19/2018 at 2:25 AM, get a life said:

Happy Cruising 

Shhhh, don't let the secret out about your Sun stateroom....the best balconies in the fleet IMHO!

• Like 1