What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

does anyone know if the minimum bid amount drops as it gets closer to sailing date?  I'm a solo cruiser in a mini suite and totally fine with where I'm at but if an upgrade is somewhat affordable, I'd definitely take my chance.

FYI sailing on the Jade 2/1/19 and got the upgrade offer right at 80 days.

I look at My NCL everyday and today couldn't get to My Vacation Summary for a few minutes.  When I did get there it showed the right cabin number but not the right category (it's a BA but showed OX).  We did bid on Oceanview and Balcony and won the balcony, so I thought maybe they were taking the one offer back and were reissuing an Oceanview.  It didn't make any sense to me that they would have to give money back, but what do I know?  Anyway, hours later it is back to showing the correct cabin number and correct category.  It must be a glitch of some sort.

14 minutes ago, heelfan94 said:

I look at My NCL everyday and today couldn't get to My Vacation Summary for a few minutes.  When I did get there it showed the right cabin number but not the right category (it's a BA but showed OX).  We did bid on Oceanview and Balcony and won the balcony, so I thought maybe they were taking the one offer back and were reissuing an Oceanview.  It didn't make any sense to me that they would have to give money back, but what do I know?  Anyway, hours later it is back to showing the correct cabin number and correct category.  It must be a glitch of some sort.

NCL.com was a bit wonky all morning.  It looks like they've been updating the website.  I'm not sure that's the reason why you were seeing some weirdness but I wouldn't doubt it.  

7 minutes ago, Phaedrus78 said:

NCL.com was a bit wonky all morning.  It looks like they've been updating the website.  I'm not sure that's the reason why you were seeing some weirdness but I wouldn't doubt it.  

I bet you're right.  I'm glad it wasn't just me. :classic_smile:

44 minutes ago, ellell said:

Heelfan94,

Congrats on your win!

Do you mind sharing your bid range and how far out from sale date? I too, would like to bid on a BA.

Happy Cruising!

I kept notes on all of this so I'll just share that part below.  I booked the 14 day Panama Canal cruise on 10/10/18 and our sail date is 11/25/18.  I got the offer to upgrade on 10/11.  The balcony upgrade was accepted on 10/25.  I am pretty sure I could have gotten it for less, though.  I really wanted it so I bumped my bid up and got it almost immediately.  We still saved $700 over calling and upgrading directly to a sailaway balcony.  

Booked Sailaway Inside, 2 people at $1961.74 (Booked on October 10, 2018)

Bid on 2 upgrades:  

$90 Per Person (Oceanview) This was on the low end of Fair on the scale.

$250 Per Person (Balcony) This was on the upper end of Fair on the scale.

(Bid on October 13, 2018)

(Cost to upgrade directly: $200 Per Person Oceanview, $600 Per Person Balcony.  Both of these were Sailaway category and included no perks to go with them. I would have bid lower on both if it hadn’t been a 14 day cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ohiocruisemom said:

I just went into my NCL and all the Upgrade information is gone.  I can pull up my offers on the email I received confirming my bid, and they still say pending.  However all the references to upgrades are gone from my NCL.

Ack! Same! I was just going to post this exact comment. I wonder if it means our upgrade bids are either going to go through or become "expired" and messages to that effect are going to come in. When I click on the envelope at the top of my NCL page, the message about upgrading is also gone! But I did the same as you and was able to still find the original bid confirmation email. Strange. Stay tuned, I guess!

4 minutes ago, ohiocruisemom said:

I just went into my NCL and all the Upgrade information is gone.  I can pull up my offers on the email I received confirming my bid, and they still say pending.  However all the references to upgrades are gone from my NCL.

PS - when are you sailing?

5 minutes ago, ohiocruisemom said:

My guess is that the bids are being processed. Hope you get what you wanted!

10 minutes ago, clover18 said:

Ack! Same! I was just going to post this exact comment. I wonder if it means our upgrade bids are either going to go through or become "expired" and messages to that effect are going to come in. When I click on the envelope at the top of my NCL page, the message about upgrading is also gone! But I did the same as you and was able to still find the original bid confirmation email. Strange. Stay tuned, I guess!

Same for me. I don’t sail until 12/21. I’m thinking it’s just a glitch. If not, I hope we get our  haven bid. FX!

4 minutes ago, Humblebtuna said:

Same for me. I don’t sail until 12/21. I’m thinking it’s just a glitch. If not, I hope we get our  haven bid. FX!

Unfortunately I’m betting glitch related to the website changes. My cruise is still 70 days out and my notices within myNCL are gone too. I doubt they’d be processing mine so quickly. 

Also I went in through the email link to check and my bids were still showing as Pending. It’s my understanding that the status changes to Processing when they’re... you know, processing. 😄

37 minutes ago, ohiocruisemom said:

Mine did the same thing earlier today, message was gone to upgrade along with the banner but when I checked it a couple hours later it was back. 

I also went through this whole banner/offer disappearance thing a few days back. I booked the Dawn for the Nov. 18 sailing out of San Juan about 45 day ago. A few days later I got the bid offer and bid just over minimum to go from an OK Obstructed View on deck 8 to a balcony. Went to check almost every day. Then exactly 11 days out almost all cabins that were available the day before went to "sold out" and the banner disappeared. The very next day, I got an email with the confirmation of the winning bid. Got and aft family balcony on deck 9 really close the the aft elevators with rooms above and below.

2 minutes ago, Stinger-pr said:

I also went through this whole banner/offer disappearance thing a few days back. I booked the Dawn for the Nov. 18 sailing out of San Juan about 45 day ago. A few days later I got the bid offer and bid just over minimum to go from an OK Obstructed View on deck 8 to a balcony. Went to check almost every day. Then exactly 11 days out almost all cabins that were available the day before went to "sold out" and the banner disappeared. The very next day, I got an email with the confirmation of the winning bid. Got and aft family balcony on deck 9 really close the the aft elevators with rooms above and below.

Thanks for the info and congrats on winning your bid! I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed. 

The banner on my account is gone, too. Our cruise isn't until Dec 28th. My bids still say "pending" when I check them on the link from my Upgrade Advantage email. Don't lose hope, Sassy8282! I think they just rotate the banners. Sending you good luck for your upgrade!