What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:31 AM, spacedaisy said:

Figuring out cruise availability is contingent on who is able to publish all the cabins available 

:classic_sad:   I never thought of myself as stupid.  Maybe it's time to reconsider.  Banging my head on table now.  I have no idea what site you are referring to.  Nothing is in bold typeface.  Can someone help me out here?  Re-phrase it?  Something? I'm missing the boat somehow!

hey... don't judge me!  

12 minutes ago, AllAmericanAmy said:

:classic_sad:   I never thought of myself as stupid.  Maybe it's time to reconsider.  Banging my head on table now.  I have no idea what site you are referring to.  Nothing is in bold typeface.  Can someone help me out here?  Re-phrase it?  Something? I'm missing the boat somehow!

hey... don't judge me!  

If you look closely the two words that start c have letters that are in bold face.  

2 minutes ago, JillK said:

Even more specifically, the first three letters of those words.... 

thank you for taking pity on me!   Got it.  

I was using Internet Explorer browser where bold does not show up.  After posting my plea for help I went to Firefox and pulled up this discussion there .... voila!   Bold letters showing. 

29 minutes ago, chars said:

If you look closely the two words that start c have letters that are in bold face.  

Thank you!!

You're both awesome - appreciate the help!

Happy sailing...

• Like 1

I've been tracking price changes and availability for my upcoming cruise, hoping to shed some light on NCL's booking and upgrade bidding process.  A couple of observations tonight...

Sailing: 1/23/19, Norwegian Epic

Current room assignment: ID - Inside

Bids in for: Balcony, Spa Balcony, Mini Suite, Spa Mini Suite

Tonight, prices for all inside rooms went up by $80, across the board.  Balcony prices all remained steady.  Mini-Suite rooms dropped in price by $50 across the board.  Haven suites dropped $150, again across the board.

It's a bit tougher to know total quantities, as in each category there are several classes of rooms currently selling as Guaranteed.  Can't get a count on IF, ID, IA, BF, B6, or MD rooms.  Totals I can count are 26 inside, 45 balcony, 14 Mini Suite and 28 Haven.  There hasn't been much movement in those numbers in the last couple of days.

I'm hoping that the price changes signify that NCL is selling inside rooms well, while carrying a surplus of Mini Suites and Haven rooms.  If that's true, I hope they may act sooner rather than later to process through upgrades to free up more inside rooms and collect the easier money rather than trying to move the more expensive room classes.

I also noted that the change in price on the Mini Suites did change the bid windows for both Mini Suite bids I've already submitted.  They're much higher on the Poor-Excellent scale than they were this morning.  I'm not inclined to change them to reflect; I'm good paying the amount I've bid to receive the upgrade.  But, I can testify that changes in room pricing can and will cause your static bid to reflect differently within the moving bid window.

11 minutes ago, Phaedrus78 said:

I've been tracking price changes and availability for my upcoming cruise, hoping to shed some light on NCL's booking and upgrade bidding process.  A couple of observations tonight...

Tonight, prices for all inside rooms went up by $80, across the board.  Balcony prices all remained steady.  Mini-Suite rooms dropped in price by $50 across the board.  Haven suites dropped $150, again across the board.

It's a bit tougher to know total quantities, as in each category there are several classes of rooms currently selling as Guaranteed.  Can't get a count on IF, ID, IA, BF, B6, or MD rooms.  Totals I can count are 26 inside, 45 balcony, 14 Mini Suite and 28 Haven.  There hasn't been much movement in those numbers in the last couple of days.

I'm hoping that the price changes signify that NCL is selling inside rooms well, while carrying a surplus of Mini Suites and Haven rooms.  If that's true, I hope they may act sooner rather than later to process through upgrades to free up more inside rooms and collect the easier money rather than trying to move the more expensive room classes.

I also noted that the change in price on the Mini Suites did change the bid windows for both Mini Suite bids I've already submitted.  They're much higher on the Poor-Excellent scale than they were this morning.  I'm not inclined to change them to reflect; I'm good paying the amount I've bid to receive the upgrade.  But, I can testify that changes in room pricing can and will cause your static bid to reflect differently within the moving bid window.

We are on the sailing before yours and I've noticed that the insides have gone up by at least $100 in the last couple of days. We are in an Aft facing balcony and I have a bid in on the Haven spa suite, just in the poor range, so not that hopeful, but thought we would try. I've been keeping an eye on those-they went from 3 available, then to 4, now back to 3. And there are 13 2- bedroom Haven suites available. I don't know how to gauge any of that. I do know that as far as I can tell the bidding ranges have not been lowered and there has been no change on the scale ranges either, but again that is just on what I can see.

33 minutes ago, jvsnana said:

Yes, unfortunately.  You should receive an "Unable To Confirm Your Upgrade Advantage Request" via email.

Did yours expire?

Yes, my bids all say expired. I guess this my first non-suite cruise. Thanks for the info. 

Does anyone know if the bids are only awarded once per cruise? Or if they award some and then closer to the sail date,  award more. Roughly translated to - if you hear bids have been processed for your cruise and yours isn’t, is there still another opportunity? 

20 minutes ago, StormiB said:

Does anyone know if the bids are only awarded once per cruise? Or if they award some and then closer to the sail date,  award more. Roughly translated to - if you hear bids have been processed for your cruise and yours isn’t, is there still another opportunity? 

Yes, they award them at various times. Our friends put in bids well before we did and got their upgrades a few months later, at which time we put in some bids and we got upgraded about a week later.

11 hours ago, 3catnight said:

Yes, they award them at various times. Our friends put in bids well before we did and got their upgrades a few months later, at which time we put in some bids and we got upgraded about a week later.

Thanks! Glad to hear if I see a wave of accepted offers come out and I’m not included I’m still in the game. 

54 minutes ago, JuliaSugarbaker said:

I’m 80 days out from my cruise today, what’s the timetable for an invitation to bid? 

Does everyone get the offer if there is still availability on the ship?

80 days is the norm. Do you see the banner that says "lets get you upgraded" when you log into My NCL? What about any messages inside My NCL?  Offers to upgrade have nothing to do with availability. Even if the ship is sold out, you should get one.

Something is strange with the maximum bid amount on my bid. When I check from my phone it is $400 and when I check from my desktop it is $300. I don't have a banner so checking both from the link in my email. I do know the maximum bid dropped a few days ago - well it did on my desktop. I don't normally check from my phone but was out all day yesterday and checked and just thought it had gone back up. Now when checking them both at the same time they are different amounts. Also minimum bids amounts are different too. Why would they be different??

It is a computer glitch -- I change my bid (added $10) and all of sudden it went from good to poor; then log in the next day, and it was good. The min changes day by day -- I guess it is NCL's way to keep us on our toes.

16 minutes ago, xcell said:

It is a computer glitch -- I change my bid (added $10) and all of sudden it went from good to poor; then log in the next day, and it was good. The min changes day by day -- I guess it is NCL's way to keep us on our toes.

I understand it changes but why would they be different when I check them both at the same time? I have been checking all morning and neither one has changed.

There is something wrong happening with the bids.  I checked my bid and made a change, hit enter and literally checked it again and the bid minimum/maximum changed in that time.  Some are now saying that my bid is even below minimum, I log out and log right back in, and now the bid is in the "good" category.  Makes no sense to me.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:08 AM, Phaedrus78 said:

I'm booked on Breakaway from NOLA on 1/6/19... I've been watching open cabins on my sailing and we've got a zillion more than you do, assuming you mean there are only approx 45 balcony cabins avail on your sailing, right?  My count today is over 240 balcony cabins open on my sailing.  I'm thinking my odds of an upgrade from my inside cabin are pretty decent - but who knows!  I know first week of January is consider a "slump" week, but wow - what a difference between sailings.