What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

16 minutes ago, spacedaisy said:

The banner on my account is gone, too. I think they just rotate the banners. Sending you good luck for your upgrade!

If I recall properly the dots on the bottom changes the pages so you can get back to the bidding banner.

1 hour ago, spacedaisy said:

The banner on my account is gone, too. Our cruise isn't until Dec 28th. My bids still say "pending" when I check them on the link from my Upgrade Advantage email. Don't lose hope, Sassy8282! I think they just rotate the banners. Sending you good luck for your upgrade!

Mine too, but email still active.  The min bid for H4 went down too $700 CDN -- what's up with that? It was doubled this morning?

Other question, if you had prepaid your grats on a lower cabin and you happen to win the Haven bid -- do you have to make up the difference in grats for regular rooms vs Haven?

Edited by xcell

17 minutes ago, xcell said:

Mine too, but email still active.  The min bid for H4 went down too $700 CDN -- what's up with that? It was doubled this morning?

Yes, I just noticed that also.  This whole bidding process is tormenting.  Now some of my bids are in the excellent range and even off the charts of the high bid.  When I made the bid it was on the low side of fair.  Now I need to decide if I adjust my bid or leave it.

Edited by chars

5 minutes ago, chars said:

Yes, I just noticed that also.  This whole bidding process is tormenting.  Now some of my bids are in the excellent range and even off the charts of the high bid.  When I made the bid it was on the low side of fair.  Now I need to decide if I adjust my bid or leave it.

When are you sailing? Which ship?

Earlier today, my "Let's get you upgraded" billboard disappeared. Checking my edocs; my original stateroom assignment remains. No email, but I was sure neither of my bids were successful.

I've been bummed all day.

HOWEVER, tonight when checking my bid status via the link in my original bid confirmation email, I see both bids are still "pending". There may be some glimmer of hope...…...

P.S. I sail on 12/1.

5 minutes ago, jkburns said:

Earlier today, my "Let's get you upgraded" billboard disappeared. Checking my edocs; my original stateroom assignment remains. No email, but I was sure neither of my bids were successful.

HOWEVER, tonight when checking my bid status via the link in my original bid confirmation email, I see both bids are still "pending". There may be some glimmer of hope...…...

P.S. I sail on 12/1.

Good luck!

10 minutes ago, jkburns said:

P.S. I sail on 12/1.

There is definitely a glimmer of hope.  It seems that the links from the myNCL website, both the banner as well as the message in the inbox, have disappeared for everyone.  I'm seeing this discussed in two threads, and I've yet to see a single person say they're actually able to see those links tonight.  

Bid processing is handled by Plusgrade, which is a separate entity from NCL.  If your bids are still showing as Pending there, then I don't believe anything has been decided yet.

I work for a tech company troubleshooting web issues exactly like this, and everything here would indicate to me the problem is with myNCL processing customer data to properly provide the upgrade links.  It makes sense, since they seem to have rolled out several website updates today.  There's likely a web developer or a database administrator somewhere sweating through some pretty serious overtime trying to figure out why they didn't catch this problem in testing.  

1 hour ago, chars said:

When they drop prices for available rooms they also adjust the scale of your bid to the new “full price”, I was barely in the good range initially and they dropped prices and took my bid. Ended up couple hundred over the new lower price, with on board credits I got was only 40.00 over per person but would have lowered bids had I noticed the price drop.

So here is something similar - I’d love to hear perspectives: Sailing on the Star Dec. 21, 2018 Christmas cruise with Sold out categories. My upgrade banner and emails were gone today like many others have shared. Luckily,  I had saved the upgrade website to my favorites, and when I logged in all but 1 upgrade category bid remained unchanged regarding where bids fell. ONE category, DOS, showed that my previous bid had dropped in status from high/fair to poor. All others were the same. What might that mean IYHO??

I am guessing that the bid prices are related to what NCL could get for the room you are vacating as well as the target cabin's value. For example, we're in an OX sailaway Jan 6 Breakaway, and the minimum bid on balcony was initially $25pp. Now, the price has dropped a little for oceanviews, so selling our vacated cabin would not offer as much revenue, and they have upped the minimum bid for us to upgrade. I'm keeping my grandfathered in bid, because chances are the balcony fare is likely to drop and we could just upgrade for the same price we've paid. There are so many open balcony cabins on this cruise, I don't know if they will sell them all. 

4 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

So here is something similar - I’d love to hear perspectives: Sailing on the Star Dec. 21, 2018 Christmas cruise with Sold out categories. My upgrade banner and emails were gone today like many others have shared. Luckily,  I had saved the upgrade website to my favorites, and when I logged in all but 1 upgrade category bid remained unchanged regarding where bids fell. ONE category, DOS, showed that my previous bid had dropped in status from high/fair to poor. All others were the same. What might that mean IYHO??

2 hours ago, Weluv2fish said:

We bid 1060 pp

and we got it 

half the price of booking it 

we say what a blessing 

the 11 day out of Tampa is 5499 pp

we paid right at 2800.00 each 

1799. with five free perks plus cash 

1060.up bid 

2859.00 each 

woohoo 

Woohoo is right!! Fantastic bid. I hope you totally enjoy. My sailing is sold out in the upper categories, so fingers crossed.

12 hours ago, Stlcardsfan79 said:

The upgrade banner is back this morning 😊

I have never had the banner, or if I did, I never recall seeing it.  I found the email and bid through the email. Since I have never had the banner on my login site, I am beginning to wonder if my bid is even real.  It does show up when I check the email, but that is the only way I have ever been able to access my bid.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I booked through a TA if that matters.

My bid confirmations were only on email 

After I placed them 

and when I got one the confirmation came on email 

Who we booked though had/ has no control or anything to do with these 

even the NCL agents don’t even know who will get them is what my NCL person told me 

hope you get your bid 

I increased my bid a little bit up for about a month 

then we got one 

1 hour ago, Another ship trip said:

I have never had the banner, or if I did, I never recall seeing it.  I found the email and bid through the email. Since I have never had the banner on my login site, I am beginning to wonder if my bid is even real.  It does show up when I check the email, but that is the only way I have ever been able to access my bid.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I booked through a TA if that matters.

This is what it looks like. 

IMG_1908.PNG