What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

I have never had the banner.  I just found the email and bid from there.  I wonder if I should call someone to be sure that I am not missing something. I have stalked the page every day for the last week hoping to see something.  But haven't yet.  I do show bids though by logging into the email.  Never on the NCL site though.

15 minutes ago, Another ship trip said:

I have never had the banner.  I just found the email and bid from there.  I wonder if I should call someone to be sure that I am not missing something. I have stalked the page every day for the last week hoping to see something.  But haven't yet.  I do show bids though by logging into the email.  Never on the NCL site though.

That banner goes away once you place a bid. So if you got the email and immediately placed a bid without going to your my NCL before bidding you wouldn’t see that banner. 

6 hours ago, Nola37 said:

That banner goes away once you place a bid. So if you got the email and immediately placed a bid without going to your my NCL before bidding you wouldn’t see that banner. 

Banner stays even if you bid -- I think it was a glitch that removed it for every one. 

They must be having some technical issues -- my bids bounce from being poor to strong on a day to day basis.

Edited by xcell

I bid 750 on the OS and did not get it 

and 1060 on the OS with double balconies 

And got it 

On the family suites with balcony  I bid 600

FS without I bid the same 600

we won the bid for the owners suite with 2 balconies  

woooooohoooooo

so exciting 

10 minutes ago, Weluv2fish said:

I bid 750 on the OS and did not get it 

and 1060 on the OS with double balconies 

And got it 

On the family suites with balcony  I bid 600

FS without I bid the same 600

we won the bid for the owners suite with 2 balconies  

woooooohoooooo

so exciting 

Thanks for the reply. What Ship?

36 minutes ago, Weluv2fish said:

On an 11 day On the Dawn out of Puerto Rico next Sunday November 25 

That's a good deal considering our's is a 5 nighter on the Jade. But I got the SF cabin well below what they are asking now. The bid i'm putting in is in the low poor range.  I think what they are asking in the good and above range is inflated.

Edited by jpcdds6

8 hours ago, Another ship trip said:

I also booked via a TA and received the email to upgrade at the 80 day mark.

I have never had the upgrade banner on MyNCL. 

I believe someone posted in the earlier upgrade thread that if you are booked with a TA you may never see the banner online. As long as you can click through the link on the email to see your bid options, you are still able to participate.

If it's any comfort, my parents were booked on the Breakaway last month through the same TA and they used the email to bid and successfully upgrade from interior to balcony.

Hope that eases any lingering concerns and best of luck on your bid(s)!

1 hour ago, xcell said:

Banner stays even if you bid -- I think it was a glitch that removed it for every one. 

They must be having some technical issues -- my bids bounce from being poor to strong on a day to day basis.

Mine too! Really odd.

I just logged in to the bidding for the 11/19 Star to increase my bids. The whole system is super glitchy. Some of my bids for higher level suites are  showing that I have bid over the maximum bid. The max bid for the Sf is now showing at $750 pp. The SJ is showing a max bid of $1500 pp. The DOS is now maxed at $1000 pp. About half are wonky. I hope they get it fixed soon. This is the last day to increase my bids.

3 minutes ago, Nalagh said:

I just logged in to the bidding for the 11/19 Star to increase my bids. The whole system is super glitchy. Some of my bids for higher level suites are  showing that I have bid over the maximum bid. The max bid for the Sf is now showing at $750 pp. The SJ is showing a max bid of $1500 pp. The DOS is now maxed at $1000 pp. About half are wonky. I hope they get it fixed soon. This is the last day to increase my bids.

That may not be a glitch. They may have changed the bid ranges for those categories. I know on my last sailing, they raised the minimum bids at one point so my old bid was actually showing up as below the minimum. I went ahead and increased it, assuming that anyone placing a new bid would be bidding more than me and I would for sure lose. I lost anyway, but the point is, the bid ranges can and do change as you get closer to your sailing.

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

That may not be a glitch. They may have changed the bid ranges for those categories. I know on my last sailing, they raised the minimum bids at one point so my old bid was actually showing up as below the minimum. I went ahead and increased it, assuming that anyone placing a new bid would be bidding more than me and I would for sure lose. I lost anyway, but the point is, the bid ranges can and do change as you get closer to your sailing.

I am on a sold out sailing. It wouldn’t be beneficial to decrease the bids. This cruise was taken off of the market 2 weeks ago. 😔

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

My bids have been back and forth on the sold out Star 12-21-18 cruise. My bids have fluctuated from poor to excellent and back and forth without me changing the bid. This morning one of my bids is actually well beyond what the new Excellent highest bid would be! Really odd. What do you think, JamieLogical? Can you make sense out of it? 

12 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

It's just weird that it ping-pongs on a daily basis -- again, so long as I win I won't complain -- lol!

9 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

My bids have been back and forth on the sold out Star 12-21-18 cruise. My bids have fluctuated from poor to excellent and back and forth without me changing the bid. This morning one of my bids is actually well beyond what the new Excellent highest bid would be! Really odd. What do you think, JamieLogical? Can you make sense out of it? 

If you are comfortable with your bid amount, I would leave it. If you lower your bid because the max has dropped and it does turn out to be some kind of glitch, you might really be hurting your chances of winning.

I agree with what everyone is saying about the bid ranges changing.  I understand that they may change as we get closer to sailing, but these are changing many times throughout the day.  I actually was checking all of my bids and in the matter of two minutes they changed the minimum/maximum back and forth a few times.  I don't know if I should just leave my bids or keep changing them.  

12 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I would check the price of the cabin category you bid on (which is now beyond excellent) as I would say they dropped the price of that category.  You may end up lowering that bid so you don't overpay!  Again, it could be a "glitch" going on.

Edited by fridaythe13th

I would guess the back and forth of the quality of the bid is related both to the target category and the booked category current prices. If your current category has dropped in price, your bid to move up is worth less than it was, since reselling that cabin gets NCL less. If the target cabin drops in price, the amount NCL could possibly get by selling that cabin retail is less also. All of which is fairly unrelated to whether or not what you have already paid is more than the current offer and whether you should call and see if you could get a free upgrade. 

3 hours ago, JillK said:

I also booked via a TA and received the email to upgrade at the 80 day mark.

I have never had the upgrade banner on MyNCL. 

I believe someone posted in the earlier upgrade thread that if you are booked with a TA you may never see the banner online. As long as you can click through the link on the email to see your bid options, you are still able to participate.

If it's any comfort, my parents were booked on the Breakaway last month through the same TA and they used the email to bid and successfully upgrade from interior to balcony.

Hope that eases any lingering concerns and best of luck on your bid(s)!

Thanks for the information. Yes it does ease the concerns!  I will wait patiently.  If I get the upsell, great.  If not, I will just be a little more cramped and my bathing suits won't dry as fast.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Another ship trip said:

Thanks for the information. Yes it does ease the concerns!  I will wait patiently.  If I get the upsell, great.  If not, I will just be a little more cramped and my bathing suits won't dry as fast.  

I know that Cost** does not subscribe to the bidding process but Exped** does.

I was worried to but at the 24 hour mark, the email came in (no banner) and it was in my edocs, and later the banner came on.