What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Sailing on the Epic on 3/7 which is my birthday!! Trying to treat myself with a Haven experience. Any advice on the numbers needed to upgrade from family mini suite to an H4 or H2?? I have bids in now in the lower range but would love any tips on what would likely get it done. Thank you for any help! 🙂

Edited by Sup_Devil
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jdro said:

Congratulations, we are on this cruise also but have not gotten an upgrade yet 😞, stalking it multiple times during the day but I'm not sure if it will happen, not too many Haven rooms left (which I bid on) and the lowest balcony category is at a guarantee, so I'm not sure how the algorithm works and if I even have a shot....

Its totally random I agree. My college aged son who also is comped a cabin from CAS has not had any luck on his upgrade yet. I preferred the old days of calling the upgrade mine. Had more certainty. 

• Like 1

Has anyone had any luck bidding from a B1 Aft Balcony to a Aft Penthouse suite, and if so what did you bid?

I should be able to bid next week and am just looking to see what a good $ amt would be.

Currently the PH suite price is $500 pp over my room, but where I am traveling alone I am not really keen on paying $1000 to upgrade outright.  I really like my current room too so if I don't win a bid I will be good (it would be nice to get suite perks too if cheaper)

Edited by I need a vaca

8 hours ago, huntersh2 said:

You are allowed to bid into Haven from Balcony guarantee.  I was told that you could only bid into Haven if you purchased a room with a number.  You learn something new every day. The balcony guarantee just got a whole lot more appealing...then just throw a boat load of money at the Haven room after 🙂

All in cost was about 4500 for 2 adults and 1 child. Very happy with the rate paid seeing that this is Presidents week.

Always have had good experiences with sail away and upgrading. Good luck to all putting there bids in. 

Mini suite cat MA  upgrade to Spa Mini suite Cat M9

Now correct me if i am wrong all i am being offered is the spa package access which is $199 pp. My range is $75 to $400pp. We have a third guest sailing with us. What would you think would be a fair bid for this upgrade.

Edited by shout19661966

10 minutes ago, shout19661966 said:

Mini suite cat MA  upgrade to Spa Mini suite Cat M9

Now correct me if i am wrong all i am being offered is the spa package access which is $199 pp. My range is $75 to $400pp. We have a third guest sailing with us. What would you think would be a fair bid for this upgrade.

Yes, that would be the only difference for you, and potentially a "better" location depending on where your current MA is. Definitely don't bid more than $199 pp!

11 hours ago, xcell said:

When I meant old -- I wasn't referring to the Gem or something (now that's older), but Getaway,  and Breakaway.

I think (and I know it doesn't mean it's true) that newer ships, like Escape, bliss and Encore, would be harder for a 4 person room to be upgraded.

Also sailing during holidays (Xmas, summer prime time -- not the last week of August, that's not prime, and spring break), it would be harder as well. 

Xcel I agree with you on those points. Def harder then but I do feel that Escape is on par w Getaway and Breakaway. Only thing I found better about Escape was the bar w tons of beer taps 🙂 on a cruise ship..that's epic haha

9 hours ago, Sup_Devil said:

Sailing on the Epic on 3/7 which is my birthday!! Trying to treat myself with a Haven experience. Any advice on the numbers needed to upgrade from family mini suite to an H4 or H2?? I have bids in now in the lower range but would love any tips on what would likely get it done. Thank you for any help! 🙂

3020 got me mine. 1510 pp. But I'm seeing higher and lower on here

8 hours ago, ggooglyboogly said:

I just found out this morning that I won my bid!  

Final bid was $1300pp for an H4!

Good thing I hadn't printed my cruise docs / luggage tags yet!  

Thats a score for that room. Easily best I've been in. I havent gotten in H2 or H3 yet so we will see but I hear from even H2 dwellers they love the H4..may just be best on ship. I thought so.

2 hours ago, huntersh2 said:

What did you come from again? Mid ship Balcony.  Thanks. 

Family mini suite!  We usually do a balcony but with two kids now we wanted a bath rub....now we get a bath tub with a view! Very excited! 

Still booked in a mini suite for our November cruise on the Breakaway 

Edited by ggooglyboogly

2 minutes ago, ggooglyboogly said:

Family mini suite!  We usually do a balcony but with two kids now we wanted a bath rub....now we get a bath tub with a view! Very excited! 

Enjoy I miss it so. Best room everrrrrrr. Congrats my friend 

1 hour ago, ggooglyboogly said:

Congratulations!!  Have a great cruise.

9 hours ago, Luvmypups said:

Congratulations!!  Have a great cruise.

Appreciate it!  Excited to show my 6 month old how fun cruising can be!  I remember taking my oldest son on board the Getaway when he was the same age, and the crew really went out of their way to make it fun for him