What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

9 minutes ago, llarosa said:

I understand that your bid can be accepted until two days prior to your cruise (which is this Friday for us!), but are bids ever rejected early?  I suspect ours will be rejected ("Poor" bid for a Mini Suite with everything except inside cabins sold out on our ship)... but wondering if all rejected bids come on the last day.

Nope. Rejections always come right around the 48-hour mark.

Going on Pearl TA in April. Have an ocean view got an upgrade notice for a balcony or mini suite. Bid on mini suite just a bit over minimum from what I understand there are 165 balcony and min suites still available. What are my chances getting upgrade. I’m a first time NCL cruiser, do they prefer to upgrade to newcomers?

6 minutes ago, pamrose228 said:

Going on Pearl TA in April. Have an ocean view got an upgrade notice for a balcony or mini suite. Bid on mini suite just a bit over minimum from what I understand there are 165 balcony and min suites still available. What are my chances getting upgrade. I’m a first time NCL cruiser, do they prefer to upgrade to newcomers?

While you will read many theories about the intricacies of the bidding process and bid acceptance, what I believe it boils down to simply is REVENUE.  I don't think they factor in anything other than whatever makes the most money for NCL.  I've been able to upgrade to the Haven (from the lowest balcony category) for New Year's Eve sailings the past two years.  My bids were in the low range of good each time.  Other sailings, it may not take that to get the cabin type you want.  I think on a TA you have a good shot with a lower bid, but it's never a given.  Welcome to NCL, and have a great time!

2/23 Bliss anyone receive a confirmed upgrade?

I canceled a Spa Balcony bid and just left my Balcony bid, hoping to move from an Inside.

I haven't noticed any Haven upgrades which seems to be needed to start the dominoes moving.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:47 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Bidding is by INVITATION and not automatic to everyone on board.

Way to check if you received the invitation is not by email but by going to your MyNCL account and see if you

received the invitation at that point - one of the rotating screens should have:

"LET'S GET YOU UPGRADED"

If you see that follow the prompts to see what is available for you to bid and to make payment arrangements

if you subsequently win.

Regarding the JADE if that sailing is full as in FULL the upgrading bidding may have only been to a very few

select guests to upgrade to suites. When a ship sails FULL there is not much room for upgrading.

Yup, I know.  I have successfully bid before.  Just wondering if what the NCL agent said was accurate.

My cruise is on Jade TA 04/28, we are 75 days out and no one has received upgrade email. The higher end cabins are showing sold out except for that 3 bedroom villa, they have again dropped pricing, a sail away balcony today is at $999 pp. I think they are going to try and sell them before they open up mini suite, balcony and ocean view cabins for bidding 

5 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Hello when is the cruise, if empty it may be cheap, might be something for us to look at, thanks.  We travel alot but on the frugal.

Grab the DOS, I  just upgraded to GV.  They dropped price on it from what I paid.  Good luck. Rest of ship empty also.  April 18 Jade 10 day out of Brooklyn.

Edited by Tscruiser646
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tscruiser646 said:

Grab the DOS, I  just upgraded to GV.  They dropped price on it from what I paid.  Good luck. Rest of ship empty also.  April 18 Jade 10 day out of Brooklyn.

Yeah we saw a few out of Brooklyn, for us Brooklyn is more expense we usually take mega bus to penn station and walk to the nyc pier, Brooklyn will cost us more for transport from Penn station but something to keep our eye on. thanks for the info

ps  what is the DOS?  thanks

Edited by Newleno

16 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Yeah we saw a few out of Brooklyn, for us Brooklyn is more expense we usually take mega bus to penn station and walk to the nyc pier, Brooklyn will cost us more for transport from Penn station but something to keep our eye on. thanks for the info

Keep an eye out for a price drop   They gave us quite a bit to upgrade.  

16 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Deluxe owners suite   Went down over a grand from what i paid.  Keep watching.  Also I would go with lesser category with a poor upgrade bid.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jcann4444 said:

Was Comped an Inside from CAS.  Just got an accepted bid upgraded to an AFT Balcony on the Escape 3/10 from NYC.

Wow, that is very early! Can you tell us how much you bid and what category you were initially in? Have prices for your sailing recently dropped?

8 hours ago, Nola26 said:

2/23 Bliss anyone receive a confirmed upgrade?

I canceled a Spa Balcony bid and just left my Balcony bid, hoping to move from an Inside.

I haven't noticed any Haven upgrades which seems to be needed to start the dominoes moving.

I am on the Bliss 2/23. I bid on a balcony hoping to move from an Oceanview and it was excepted 3 weeks ago. I bid $100 each. I got a mid ship balcony.

Ok, I am confused now.  Star 3/1/19 sail date shows no cabins available at all yet they are still offering sail away rates for both insides and balconies.  How can they offer that if there are no cabins available?  I have bids in but don't know how I will get one accepted unless someone cancels within the next 17 days, then I have a chance.  Does NCL hold some cabins, show them as sold, and then use them for the last minute bookers that book the sail away rates?

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Wow, that is very early! Can you tell us how much you bid and what category you were initially in? Have prices for your sailing recently dropped?

100.00  from an inside cabin to a B1 Aft balcony.  As I said it is the March 10 sailing and prices are very strong.   Not many cabins for sale it looks like. 

I had a inside cabin from CAS 02/17 Breakaway -  I bid mid way light green $425 for Spa Balcony and 1 5.00 increment into light green(good) which was $325 for regular balcony. I got awarded a B4 regular Balcony late last week. I am happy with that as my upgrade from CAS was 500 and they wouldn't lower it! Even after the ship dropped sailaway balcony's to 650 or 699... my bid was $ 265 until then but I upped it to the $325 I got it a couple days later

13 hours ago, maryb11 said:

I am on the Bliss 2/23. I bid on a balcony hoping to move from an Oceanview and it was excepted 3 weeks ago. I bid $100 each. I got a mid ship balcony.

Thanks, hopefully my turn is coming. I will up my bid.

I've seen a lot of varying mileage on this thread…...I'm headed on the Getaway in 11 days and have bid $2500 total to get my wife and two kids to a Haven 2br suite (or the Haven aft balcony) from our family mini suite.  (Don't worry, if you're on my sailing, my 3yo and 6mo will NOT be screaming up a storm in the Haven pool deck haha)

This is still on the high end of the POOR section, however, if I added the total price to the fare I already paid, it's only $1000 or so less than the room is currently going for on NCL.com.  

Looking online I see there are 12 2br suites available and 2 aft balcony rooms and the prices came down about $500 from yesterday.  

Anyone else ever have similar scenario?

Received email today re our PoA sailing early may ‘19.  

paid $3,500 for assigned inside for 2 pp last summer with OBC & gratuities booked direct, price hasn’t dipped. Even after final payment date.

Current pricing for sail away balcony is nearly $5,500, lowest assigned is $6,500

i’m seeing many balconies 

Haven’t sailed NCL in over a decade, this is new to me.  Since such a port intensive itinerary, was satisfied to originally book inside cabin.  Temped though to have balcony for sail away & last day, especially if we get view of coastline.

$50 minimum bid pp.  Any thoughts on a low-ball offer with a a more than remote chance of acceptance?

Edited by keishashadow