What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

That makes almost no sense at all from a business prospective...

I agree. I called asking about upgrades for the Bliss in March. The website shows only two Haven spa suites available, but the NCL Rep advised that 5-6 rooms from each category are held solely for the bid upgrades. She also advised that bid amount does not affect your chances despite what’s the chart on the website shows (totally bizarre). She said the bids are selected 100% at random and bidding more than Min doesn’t help you. All of it, from business perspective, doesn’t make much sense.

That makes almost no sense at all from a business prospective...

I cant find the post that just came to me that said the agent said  minimal bids are all fine and most money bid doesnt mean anything and its just luck of draw.. where is that post?!?!?!. Cause that makes 0 sense. If that was case wouldnt they just ask us all for say $700 (the same amount) and just pick by computer draw or some random way. Why would a business say this and pay a 3rd party company to do such easy work? Makes 0 sense. What customer service agent would say such stuff. The one who was just let go this am

2 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

I cant find the post that just came to me that said the agent said  minimal bids are all fine and most money bid doesnt mean anything and its just luck of draw.. where is that post?!?!?!. Cause that makes 0 sense. If that was case wouldnt they just ask us all for say $700 (the same amount) and just pick by computer draw or some random way. Why would a business say this and pay a 3rd party company to do such easy work? Makes 0 sense. What customer service agent would say such stuff. The one who was just let go this am

It’s really upsetting how the chart showing “poor, fair, good” chance means absolutely nothing, but that is what the agent basically said. She said there is no reason whatsoever to bid over the minimum!! I almost want to call back to verify with another agent that she is correct because I don’t want to screw any chance I had by changing all my bids. So another person has already posted what I said- that the bids don’t matter? 

Just now, Gabby519 said:

It’s really upsetting how the chart showing “poor, fair, good” chance means absolutely nothing, but that is what the agent basically said. She said there is no reason whatsoever to bid over the minimum!! I almost want to call back to verify with another agent that she is correct because I don’t want to screw any chance I had by changing all my bids. So another person has already posted what I said- that the bids don’t matter? 

Oh here it is. Lag ...went to email before loading here...like 14 min lag. Sorry Gabby I am not saying u are saying wrong. Im.saying agent seems to have her facts mistaken. Just doenst make sense. Why pay a 3rd party to do such medial tasks 

Just now, huntersh2 said:

Jaime logical?? No way right???

I am much more inclined to believe the NCL rep is mistaken. I agree that it would make no business sense to accept bids randomly and pay a third party to manage that. Most businesses are in the business of making money...

2 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

Oh here it is. Lag ...went to email before loading here...like 14 min lag. Sorry Gabby I am not saying u are saying wrong. Im.saying agent seems to have her facts mistaken. Just doenst make sense. Why pay a 3rd party to do such medial tasks 

Have you spoken to an agent who advised that the bid amount does affect your chances? 

I am much more inclined to believe the NCL rep is mistaken. I agree that it would make no business sense to accept bids randomly and pay a third party to manage that. Most businesses are in the business of making money...

She straight up said the offer does not increase chance. I agree it does not make much sense. I am going to call and try to speak with a different agent about this. 

13 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I've spoken to a handful of NCL reps that contradict that a 3rd party handles bidding.  I have been told it's actually a separate division of NCL.

MJ

21 minutes ago, Gabby519 said:

She straight up said the offer does not increase chance. I agree it does not make much sense. I am going to call and try to speak with a different agent about this. 

For our Jan cruise on Breakaway I bid $300 per person to go from inside to balcony, we were awarded an aft balcony. I think that the high bid helped. 

12 minutes ago, Mjdj1220 said:

I've spoken to a handful of NCL reps that contradict that a 3rd party handles bidding.  I have been told it's actually a separate division of NCL.

MJ

Well that's just demonstrably false. When you put in/manage bids, you are taken to a website by PlusGrade. PlusGrade is definitely a third-party company based in Canada that handles bidding for RCCL and a bunch of airlines in addition to NCL.

Just now, Stlcardsfan79 said:

For our Jan cruise on Breakaway I bid $300 per person to go from inside to balcony, we were awarded an aft balcony. I think that the high bid helped. 

11 minutes ago, Mjdj1220 said:

MJ

I just spoke to another rep who said it’s a silent auction, and they have no info about it and it’s handled by third party and she had no idea why another rep would tell me the bid does not matter.

This is all very frustrating. I’m going to call back and ask to speak with a customer service manager and see if I get any more Info. 

15 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Well that's just demonstrably false. When you put in/manage bids, you are taken to a website by PlusGrade. PlusGrade is definitely a third-party company based in Canada that handles bidding for RCCL and a bunch of airlines in addition to NCL.

That is exactly what I said when they told me that on several occasions.  There seems to be very little good information coming out. Every agent you speak to tells you something different. In the same call I had one agent tell me that they don't know what rooms are being bid on because a 3rd party handles it and then tells me that its a division of NCL. When I pointed out what she had said I got a "ummm ok, is there anything else I can help you with?" I shook my head in amazement and said no thank you have a good day.  

MJ

Edited by Mjdj1220

15 minutes ago, Mjdj1220 said:

That is exactly what I said when they told me that on several occasions.  There seems to be very little good information coming out. Every agent you speak to tells you something different. In the same call I had one agent tell me that they don't know what rooms are being bid on because a 3rd party handles it and then tells me that its a division of NCL. When I pointed out what she had said I got a "ummm ok, is there anything else I can help you with?" I shook my head in amazement and said no thank you have a good day.  

MJ

Yeah. It’s all so frustrating. Just got off phone with Rep No 3 and she was beyond apologetic for the rep who gave me false information. It is a silent auction- highest bidder will obviously win. It’s only randomly selected if there are duplicates of the same highest bid. All of this is common sense, and just confirms the one rep I spoke to was completely misinformed. Hoping I can go in and change my bid now....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gabby519 said:

Yeah. It’s all so frustrating. Just got off phone with Rep No 3 and she was beyond apologetic for the rep who gave me false information. It is a silent auction- highest bidder will obviously win. It’s only randomly selected if there are duplicates of the same highest bid. All of this is common sense, and just confirms the one rep I spoke to was completely misinformed. Hoping I can go in and change my bid now....

Yes that makes alot of sense to me too. The only thing that puzzles me is the amount of people I've seen say they won on minimum bids. Wouldn't you think everyone is bidding atleast the minimum and unless they are upgrading a ton of rooms or no one is bidding on that category that a minimum bid wouldn't be enough. Now I'm second guessing all my bid which are more than minimum.  

MJ

Just now, Mjdj1220 said:

Yes that makes alot of sense to me too. The only thing that puzzles me is the amount of people I've seen say they won on minimum bids. Wouldn't you think everyone is bidding atleast the minimum and unless they are upgrading a ton of rooms or no one is bidding on that category that a minimum bid wouldn't be enough. Now I'm second guessing all my bid which are more than minimum.  

MJ

I’m thinking the people who won with minimum bids are cruising during non-peak times on older (or not the newest ships). Bliss in March is very full and I am trying to not get my hopes

up, but trying to upgrade from mini suite to Haven. Just changed all my bids back. I would not bid minimum. After reading on the plusgrade third party site, their entire purpose is to maximize return on unsold rooms/tickets. Better bid; better chance.