To beverage package or not to beverage package?

We're still debating the beverage package. We're not big drinkers at all but will have a couple on sea days by the pool, a martini before dinner and usually one after dinner, too. Both of our upcoming cruises are port intensive. On previous cruises we were able to bring water onboard, not sure if that is still the case. And we do drink a lot of water so that is beneficial. I just can't decide if it's worth it on port intensive cruises. Any thoughts are appreciated.

We never do a beverage package . We do not drink alcohol ,soda or juice . the only beverage for us is water.

I purchased the deluxe beverage package but my parents, who are in another stateroom, did not. If I bought a bottle of wine for my parents, would I still get the wine bottle discount?

You should be fine since you can share the wine, 40 percent off wine under 100 20 percent if it’s over

I purchased the deluxe beverage package but my parents, who are in another stateroom, did not. If I bought a bottle of wine for my parents, would I still get the wine bottle discount?

As long as you pay, you get the discount. They don't care who drinks it.

We r booked in Jan for symphony. I purchased the drink package for 2 about one month ago. Today it was BOGO 1/2. I called canceled and re purchased. I have had the deluxe b4 and it's totally worth it for me. I order a bottle of water with each cocktail

Does anyone know when the package will be on sale the present price I see on the RCL site is 53USD per day.

Ours had been $48 every time I checked, until last night when it dropped to $42, so I bought. Tonight it is $55......

If you are close, there is also the convenience.

With the package, you order, they swipe, you go. Without, you have to wait and sign the paper receipt.

Not a big thing, but enough to push me over the edge to buying.

Does the beverage package cover coffee at Starbucks (the drip coffee)? If not, does the coffee package cover this or is it just Americano and cappuccino type coffee drinks?

Is the bottle water that goes with this come in large bottles? Can you get regular (still) water?

On Symphony in September. Thanks!

Does the beverage package cover coffee at Starbucks (the drip coffee)? If not, does the coffee package cover this or is it just Americano and cappuccino type coffee drinks?

Is the bottle water that goes with this come in large bottles? Can you get regular (still) water?

On Symphony in September. Thanks!

The packages and coffee card only cover beverages at restaurants and Cafe Promenade on Symphony.

I used the attached calculator to get me close. It is a little outdated and from Princess, but the concept is the same and its fun to play with. I was able to get to a break even point pretty easily without stressing, even though my wife doesn't drink alcohol. If you are a wine drinker, be sure to leave your wine at home and use the package. Be sure to add the cost of whatever wine you would have brought to the calculator. For me, it was 2 bottles at $20-$25 each.

JB

Princess_AIBP_Calculator.xls

I don’t share the package because it’s against the rule but even if it was allowed it’s not worth it if you only travel with a friend or love one. I travelled with my family of 4 in total and even if I have shared the drink package which I don’t do because it’s against the rules it’s imposible to break even.

I’m diamond but I don’t drink alcohol and sodas are not my thing. I bring my own water and my itineraries don’t have more than 2 days at sea. With all the food And time outside the ship I rather pay for each drink and I’m sure I will spent less than buying the drink package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums