Cruising in December

I usually try to cruise the 1st part of Dec. every year....weather is generally nice...the ship is decorated for the holidays...and the prices are usually pretty good...no con's that I can think of off hand...enjoy!

I usually try to cruise the 1st part of Dec. every year....weather is generally nice...the ship is decorated for the holidays...and the prices are usually pretty good...no con's that I can think of off hand...enjoy!

This. One of my favorite times to sail the Caribbean. Also generally not too many kids in early December.

We sailed the week before Christmas last year to the western Caribbean. The weather was perfect and the cost was much lower than the week of Christmas. We will be going the week after Thanksgiving to the eastern Caribbean this year and I can't wait.

I packed one pair of long pants last year and never touched them. I expect it to be similar this year. Of course we can never predict storms, but you will not need to worry about the temperature being too cold. Ocean water was still warm as well- we spent some portion at each port in the ocean last year with no issues.

The ship decor is beautiful at this time of year.

Several of my cruises have been in that "magic" spot as I call it between Thanksgiving and Christmas. What we love about it: the weather is usually great- still nice and sunny, but often the heat is slightly more mild (say in comparison to a trip to Tuluum in August, where it felt like we were going to melt). School is in session still, and while it doesn't matter to me if there are lots of children and families on the cruise, it does usually mean lower rates.

One thing to note is the shorter days and the impact of daylight savings time. This may or may not be important to you, but it is different. For example, I recall last year when docked in Saint Thomas, the sunset around 5:30 PM local time. It may be even earlier on ship time. So just something to note.

We used to cruise every thanksgiving , but last ten years have cruised the week after so late November early December and perfer 9 or 10 day cruises, normally great weather very few children an much cheaper than thanksgiving week. Last year did navigator this year oasis.

Several of my cruises have been in that "magic" spot as I call it between Thanksgiving and Christmas. What we love about it: the weather is usually great- still nice and sunny, but often the heat is slightly more mild (say in comparison to a trip to Tuluum in August, where it felt like we were going to melt). School is in session still, and while it doesn't matter to me if there are lots of children and families on the cruise, it does usually mean lower rates.

One thing to note is the shorter days and the impact of daylight savings time. This may or may not be important to you, but it is different. For example, I recall last year when docked in Saint Thomas, the sunset around 5:30 PM local time. It may be even earlier on ship time. So just something to note.

I kind of like the early sunset. Gives us a chance to view the sunset over the waves during happy hour...then a relaxing dinner after that. :hearteyes:

Nice time to cruise but one thing to remember is what port you are leaving from. Have seen ships that leave NY, Baltimore and NJ that have snow on them when they leave and melts in the first 24 hours or so. Although that might be a nice touch to have. :eek::eek:

We cruise in December every year and so far have had wonderful weather! Water is a little cooler for me but depending on what island, we spend hours in the water. We normally cruise the 2nd week of Dec over my birthday. Love seeing the ship all decorated!

Nice time to cruise but one thing to remember is what port you are leaving from. Have seen ships that leave NY, Baltimore and NJ that have snow on them when they leave and melts in the first 24 hours or so. Although that might be a nice touch to have. :eek::eek:

I don't have to remember to bring my snow shovel when I cruise out of my

home port.....just my sunglasses. ;)