Upgrade question

BaWBarmy

We are booked on the Escape to Bermuda in September, we have a balcony booked and as Europeans we have Premium All Inclusive. The Upgrade offers have come along and I've put a very low, ok the lowest, bid in for a Forward facing Penthouse with balcony.

My question concerns things like how do we pay the extra DSC? As we are PAI the regular DSC is included in our fare but I understand the DSC for Haven is slightly more per person per night. Would this just be added to our stateroom bill at the end of the cruise.

How do you go about tipping the Concierge and the Butler and what sort of tip should we be giving for a 7 night cruise?

I presume we will still be PAI?

Anything else we should be aware of should we be successful in our cheeky bid? although I don't hold out much hope.

Your DSC won’t increase if you get the upgrade. We gave the butler and concierge cash tips on the final morning. The amount is up to the individual, but we gave $50 to the concierge (from the 2 of us) and $150 to the butler (we loved him!). We also gave a bit extra to the steward.

We are Americans so I know that skews things but I feel like buttler and concierge depend on use. We had all but 1 dinner in our room as well as one breakfast and a few mid day snacks, and our butler was always attentive and friendly, kept pitchers of water and lemonade refreshed without asking etc. We tipped $250. It all depends on use.

Your DSC doesn’t increase whatsoever, there is no obligation to tip anyone.

Premium All inclusive means just that.

While you are technically correct that their is no “obligation” to tip anyone, people who stay in suites do tip the butler and concierge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your butler and concierge are not included in any of the PAI.

Tipping is up to you. When people ask, my response is always

Butler: $10-$15 per person in the room x number of nights on cruise ($10 x 2 people x 7 nights)

Concierge: $5-$10 per person in the room x number of nights on cruise ($5 x 2 people x 7 nights)

Room Steward (for servicing your exrta: $5-$10 per person in the room x number of nights on cruise ($5 x 2 people x 7 nights)

There are hundreds of people bidding on the room, so a lowest of low bid will not be successful.