Any way to upgrade VIFP quicker?

Three more platinum cruises and we are Elite with free laundry:)

Free laundry on Princess isn’t necessarily a perk. Read many reviews where it can take 3 days to get your laundry back. Never got it later than next day on Carnival, only because we gave it after the cutoff time.

Free laundry on Princess isn’t necessarily a perk. Read many reviews where it can take 3 days to get your laundry back. Never got it later than next day on Carnival, only because we gave it after the cutoff time.

Well ask me in three more cruises:)

People we ask say it comes back next day most of the time. In any case sure beat hand washing or wasting a few hours in the ship laundry.

If you were a good friend you would come with us on our next Princess cruise and offer to do our laundry:)

I’m sure this has been asked before but I have not found it yet. Is there anyway to purchase or receive complimentary upgrades to your VIFP status? I’m currently Red Status, but would like to move up the ladder quicker if there is a possible way. Yes, I know that everyone is supposed to cruise their entire lives working to earn Diamond or Platinum status. Reason I am asking is, a higher level status with Carnival might keep my wife from wanting to try other brand cruises. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Get on the ship, and don't leave until you hit the level you want!;p

We made Platinum in our first year cruising on Carnival!

I agree. The Platinum perks on Carnival are not great compared to some other cruise lines. But we enjoy the "free" laundry, platinum gift, platinum party, and priority boarding. It's better than nothing.

Because of price point Carnival probably gets more first time cruisers than other lines and they pretty much keep their ships full. Regardless of how many times you have cruised you make them no more money than those that are cruising for the first time. Just like all other business, supply and demand rule. If demand drops then they would more than likely then do more to attract you since they know you like to cruise. Myself the only platinum perk I would care about is priority boarding, and that is not enough to get me anxious to cruise more than I already do. About they only loyalty perk that would get me excited about any line would be free room upgrades or deep discounts.

I can"t believe the importance that people place on being a certain status or level on any cruiseline. The return on that investment is basically nothing especially on Carnival.

If grocery stores had some sort of loyalty program like cruise lines do, I wonder what the perks would be? Maybe a free cart of groceries after you've shopped there for "X" number of years? I do agree that there's room for improvement for the perks that are offered at the different VIFP levels on Carnival.

If grocery stores had some sort of loyalty program like cruise lines do, I wonder what the perks would be? Maybe a free cart of groceries after you've shopped there for "X" number of years? I do agree that there's room for improvement for the perks that are offered at the different VIFP levels on Carnival.
There certainly isn't anything wrong with wanting to achieve a certain level. I would not make it so important to where as I would only sail that particular line to do so. no offense to anyone, but if someone is platinum on Carnival because they only sail(ed) Carnival I'm happy for them but feel they've actaully missed out in the overall aspect of cruising which is variety. Sailing the same line, same ship and even same itinerary 7 times is in my eyes sad in a way ........ I'll never achieve top status anywhere becase we switch cruiselines every year on a rotation almost.

Carnival has a perk competitors can't match - other cruise lines in the Carnival family for you to try. Along with Carnival shareholder OBC. Other cruise lines make it difficult to double dip shareholder OBC with special rates. A $100 or more can buy a lot of fake perks like laundry, or a steakhouse dinner each cruise.

I’m sure this has been asked before but I have not found it yet. Is there anyway to purchase or receive complimentary upgrades to your VIFP status? I’m currently Red Status, but would like to move up the ladder quicker if there is a possible way. Yes, I know that everyone is supposed to cruise their entire lives working to earn Diamond or Platinum status. Reason I am asking is, a higher level status with Carnival might keep my wife from wanting to try other brand cruises. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi James

Welcome to cruise critic.

As others have said your best way of getting to a higher status is by cruising often. It doesn't look like you are booked for a cruise until next year. Why not book a few more?

Just curious, how much would you be willing to pay now (cash) to be upgraded to Platinum for your next and future Carnival cruises? Maybe it could be another cash cow for Carnival just like their FTTF program. :) I think it would have to be at least a couple of thousand p/p. Would that be worth it to you?

The other question is, why on earth would you not want to try other cruise lines? You might enjoy them more than Carnival.

We have had Neptune Suites on our last 4 Holland America cruises - earned twice the number of cruise days and one day for every $300 we spent on board. The last one was a 10-day Panama Canal cruise and we earned 23 days instead of just 10 which is what we would have earned in a suite on Carnival. The three previous 7 day cruises, we earned 18 days on each - 14 days for having a suite and 3 for spending $300 onboard. The original OP should try another cruise line if interested in reaching a top tier faster than what can be done at Carnival.

So can we put people in the same room who are platinum and another person just red or gold and the person get platinum perks? I don't understand how that works.

Hi

No. They don't get the same perks.

They would get preferred embarkation and debarkation. The person with the Plat/Diamond would be allowed to bring other people with them on the preferred tender (if there is a tender port). Otherwise that's it. I believe that all the other perks would only be for the one that is Plat or Diamond. Of course they could share with others, but only they would get the rewards.

As some point, common sense should dictate that it might be cheaper to just pay for perks instead of status. Unless one is just cruising for status - whatever that is.
For me perks and status are one and the same. I don't think many would be interested in the titles, platinum or diamond, if they didn't have the perks attached to them.

For me perks and status are one and the same. I don't think many would be interested in the titles, platinum or diamond, if they didn't have the perks attached to them.

Would you rather pay $15 for laundry or $50 for free laundry?

Neither. I get it free. I'm not sure I understand your question.

An example of the difference between buying a perk and buying status for the perk. Some say how they have spent thousands to obtain status that grants perks, I suggest it is cheaper to just pay for the perks if you don't care about status.

I say try other lines. You might be glad you did. I have 18 cruises with Carnival, but have also tried Princess, Royal and will be on Crystal next year. I'm SO glad I tried new lines. It keeps cruising fresh and exciting.

As for your question, there are no shortcuts. Not even if you book a suite (which is a shortcut with other lines).

I have to use other cruise lines-- or carnival will get old and stale. I mean even jumping ship to ship much of its the same across the board. We cruise Royal and PRincess- ALthough after our last royal cruise it was probably the last time

Well ask me in three more cruises:)

People we ask say it comes back next day most of the time. In any case sure beat hand washing or wasting a few hours in the ship laundry.

If you were a good friend you would come with us on our next Princess cruise and offer to do our laundry:)

If your buying I will be your friend, and do your laundry...LoL

We have been doing some NCL cruises the past few years. After 5 cruises I was Platinum with them. They used to give double points for cruising if you booked 9 months or more out. They ended that, but still give double Latitude points for some cruises - such as the Baltic cruise we are taking in August. (got double points for our Western Med cruise last August) If we booked Haven/suite, we would get even more points. I need 7 more cruises with Carnival to make it to Diamond - seems like it will take forever to get their 200 sea days! (I am at 161 now)

Hi

The person with the Plat/Diamond would be allowed to bring other people with them on the preferred tender (if there is a tender port)

This is not a program benefit, although ships can decide for themselves.