Vintages should add craft beers...

Vintages is such an underused venue on all the ships that contain them. Combine that with the fact that Royal does not really have a lounge/bar that specializes in craft beers (that I have seen yet). If you add in craft beers to the choices in Vintages it would expand the use of the space greatly and probably also appeal to many couples where one prefers wine and the other a nice chocolate porter.

What do you all think?

I like how Celebrity does this in their wine bar which also has craft beers. But at the same time, Royal has the Pub which would be the "right" place to have craft beers. They sometimes have some "mass-market" craft choices, but I'd like to see more choice in the Pub.

Who's to say which ones to stock.

6,000 craft breweries in US alone.

Plus most will have 5+ varieties.

30,000 to choose from.

Boggles the mind

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

i'd just love to see them expand the selection. so many choices they could choose from, adding any new additions would be awesome. I also 2nd the use of Vintages to help bring these to the customer. seems like a missed opportunity that could easily be addressed given the venue.

i'd just love to see them expand the selection. so many choices they could choose from, adding any new additions would be awesome. I also 2nd the use of Vintages to help bring these to the customer. seems like a missed opportunity that could easily be addressed given the venue.
Yea, Vintages seems underutilized

30,000 to choose from.

Boggles the mind

Not to nit pick but the same could be said for wine, and they manage.

I would very much enjoy a greater craft beer selection but also think the pub is the right spot.

dp

Vintages is such an underused venue on all the ships that contain them. Combine that with the fact that Royal does not really have a lounge/bar that specializes in craft beers (that I have seen yet). If you add in craft beers to the choices in Vintages it would expand the use of the space greatly and probably also appeal to many couples where one prefers wine and the other a nice chocolate porter.

What do you all think?

I think you have a great idea, one that would benifit both Royal and its guest. Please pass it on to Royal.

Great idea.

Maybe stock with local beers from the ports we're visiting.

Example, Red Stripe from Jamaica, Modelo from Mexico, etc.

San Miguel from Subic Bay... ooops, wrong port

There's much better examples than above, but at least we'll get the flavors essence of the trip...

30,000 to choose from.

Boggles the mind

As mentioned, same kinda thing about wine.

Let's say there are ten taps - Pale, IPA, Double IPA, Sour, Wheat, Pilsner, Stout, Porter, Golden, Fruit or Cider....and many more in cans/bottles.

Throw me in the club that likes Vintages how it is too. Spent a lot of time there on our Bermuda cruise.

Do people actually like craft beers to get a buzz or do they drink them for the taste? Whenever I've had them, I always get wicked hangovers, macrobrews just don't do that to me. As long as I'm not driving the ship I'll take something to give me a buzz whether it be a fruity drink or a bud light. We've always

I agree that Royal is underplaying the craft beer revolution. However, I know that it is expensive and can see how it might be difficult to make it work, especially with the inception and popularity of the drink package. I will say, my other half's favorite thing about returning to land is "good beer." I know he's not the only one.

Do people actually like craft beers to get a buzz or do they drink them for the taste? Whenever I've had them, I always get wicked hangovers, macrobrews just don't do that to me. As long as I'm not driving the ship I'll take something to give me a buzz whether it be a fruity drink or a bud light. We've always

People drink them for all the same reasons they drink macro beer. You probably get the hangovers because craft beers generally have a higher ABV.

In another threaad people were discussing craft beer on cruise ships and there is definitely a market for it. The trouble is getting the beverage purchasers at a corporate level to ignore the stupid advice of AB-InBev. And for them to Realize that they do not need to have the same beers on every ship for every sailing. I'd like to see them highkight the departure port and the ports of call.

30,000 to choose from.

Boggles the mind

They certainly don't have an issue picking which scotches, rum, vodkas or gins to carry. I don't like their selection but I make due. :D

I'm guessing the profit margin is much less on a craft product, and I'm not sure they could go much above the current prices of beer on ship and still sell any..........

Yes, I am sure the profit margin is more on a $25 glass of wine than a $9 beer... but they aren't selling very many of the $25 glasses of wine when the venue is EMPTY. Just sayin'

I think you have a great idea, one that would benifit both Royal and its guest. Please pass it on to Royal.

Good thought... I will do that. But I think it will be filed along with my suggestions that they look for a new IT outsource company to handle their website.

They certainly don't have an issue picking which scotches, rum, vodkas or gins to carry. I don't like their selection but I make due. :D
As long as they stay away from craft products, they make do nicely.