Repricing after price drop -- after paying off fully but before "final payment date"

So, I've seen a lot of advice here about repricing a cruise when you notice a price reduction. I use a couple of different sites to monitor my particular cabin category price for specific cruise dates.

One thing I see here with some regularity is that RCI will not discount a cabin after you've paid for the cruise in full (not to be confused the final payment due date). That hasn't been true for me.

I've got two upcoming cruises, both paid in full. Both had price drops after I paid them off. I've had absolutely no problem calling in and getting a $680 and a $170 reduction in my fare for L1 Sky Lofts on both of them. Neither had hit the final payment due date. I've repriced a total of three times on fully paid off cruises now.

Your mileage may vary, but it hasn't been an issue for me.

Edited by mk-ultra

From what I’ve seen most of the advice given here on CC has been exactly what you experienced. The only final payment date that matters when it comes to price drops is Royals final payment date and not when you actually paid the cruise in full.

If someone states otherwise they are usually corrected pretty quickly.

A good reminder for new cruisers.

So, I've seen a lot of advice here about repricing a cruise when you notice a price reduction. I use a couple of different sites to monitor my particular cabin category price for specific cruise dates.

One thing I see here with some regularity is that RCI will not discount a cabin after you've paid for the cruise in full (not to be confused the final payment due date). That hasn't been true for me.

I've got two upcoming cruises, both paid in full. Both had price drops after I paid them off. I've had absolutely no problem calling in and getting a $680 and a $170 reduction in my fare for L1 Sky Lofts on both of them. Neither had hit the final payment due date. I've repriced a total of three times on fully paid off cruises now.

I haven't seen this at all

t

That's very good to know.

Which sites can be used to monitor cruise prices? I've just been going backbto the RCI website and checking on a regular basis.

I don't think we're allowed to make specific references on here (someone correct me if I'm wrong). If you Google "cruise line pricing monitoring" you'll find the two I use. Neither are 100% reliable, but both have caught discounted fares I could take advantage of. One is very specific (allows me me monitor the precise cabin class I've booked).

With every discussion I´ve seen about this, it´s always been - It doesn´t matter if you made final payment, all that matters is when´s your final payment date.