Kids on breakaway

LovetheCubs

My husband and I went on the escape alone a few years ago. We loved it! We did the haven and were totally spoiled. We just got back from a Disney Cruise but couldn’t afford the 20k they wanted for the same class of rooms so we did a regular balcony. We thought our kids would be over the moon with the kids club. We have heard stories of having to drag kids out because they loved it so much. However our kids were so so with it. An hour at a time three times and they were done. I think it was just too chaotic. They are quiet kids. Does anyone have experience with the kids club on the breakaway? I know there is still going to be a ton of kids but how did your kids do? Wondering if there will be enough for them to do? Thanks!!

How old are the kids? My kids liked the younger groups (very structured) and teen club. They weren’t thrilled with the 10 - 12 group, but I think that is a tough age group, none of my kids wanted to stay when they were tweens.

A lot of kids don't like the Disney kids clubs due to the fact that they have to be unstructured since they take kids age 3-12 in one room (otherwise there is endless whining about how the cousins who never see each other need to be moved age groups and go together since so many family reunions happen on disney crusies). My kids were happy with the kids clubs on Princess, HAL and NCL, so there are a lot of other options.

7yo GD loved Splash Academy. Just be sure they go the first night as it seems they develop their little groups then. We didn’t use the morning session as she wanted to be in the pool and they do not take kids swimming but she’d meet up with her little friends and they would play together. Now she’s hooked on cruises😊. Would rather cruise then go back to Disney

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Breakaway on the 22nd. My 10-year-old son loved the kids center. He is a social type of person and always wanted to be there with his new friends. We even sprung for late night on several nights. There were not a ton of kids onboard in comparison to some cruises we have been on. The youth center worker told me our cruise (July 13th - 22nd) had 700 kids ages up to 18 on board. Only about 40 had registered for the 10 - 12 age group as of the evening of the first night of our cruise. And he said the majority group were ages 13 - 18. My suggestion is to try it. Each child is different. They may love it or just prefer the many other activities available. Mini golf, rope course, slides, pools, ping pong, outdoor chess, basketball, and so many other things are free. Arcades games and bowling a couple of things I remember that cost extra, but there are tons of things for kids to do and being a port intensive cruise, there's not a lot of time to do everything (assuming the kids go into ports with you). Have fun. I know we did. :-)

Just from what I have witnessed from watching our grand kids and great grand kids on cruises and talking to lots of kids, they all seem to love the kids club, But the older ones, probably not so much. I would be a little concerned about the 12 year old.The younger one will have a good time I am sure.