City of Galveston/Royal Caribbean

We love the repos and transatlantics in and out of Galveston Florida and Gulf Coast Ports. We have done many. . There are many different itineraries. Vision just went from Galveston to Barcellona. Our last repo 29 days was bringing in Vision into Galveston last fall from Quebec City, Canadian Maritimes , New England, New York , Bermuda , Southern Caribbean and Western Caribbean. My last new itinerary was Majesty Tampa, Key West to Cuba . And we have another Cuba booked. The Vision shortly has a great itinerary that is doing Galveston to Miami to Panama Canal to LA back thru Panama Canal to New Orleans or something like that! And Enchantment is coming into Galveston also . There are plenty of interesting ports on these.cruises.

ssb- Which captain said LB is leaving May 3, 2020? We have sailed LB many times with Captain James, I am surprised that he would commit to a date. Seems most pronouncements from staff turn out to be incorrect..

Kay - it was reported by Karen McWherter while she was on a B2B cruise. Captain Anders Ingebrigtsen said the date during Captains Corner both weeks she was on board.

Hi, Linda. Be seeing you on LB in December, right? I was planning on booking LB for May 2020. Hope the date given is wrong or we will have to move that date up to late April. We like to be at sea a couple of weeks in May to avoid our worst tornado month at home! I guess pretty much everyone else is happy that an Oasis class ship is coming to Texas. We do not like that class of ship.

Kay - it was reported by Karen McWherter while she was on a B2B cruise. Captain Anders Ingebrigtsen said the date during Captains Corner both weeks she was on board.

Yes , correct, I spent time before and after cruise with Karen and Bill. :)

I will confirm that that's what the Captain said. In fact I was the one that asked the question during the Captains Corner on how long will Liberty be stationed out of Galveston

No, the Enchantment could maintain its 3/4 day schedule and be used for the occasional 12 and 9 day itineraries. It could even do an occasional 7 day which would allow B2Bers the chance at a 10, 11, 16 & 19 day sailing.
I wouldn't bet on that. I'll bet there's a big market for 3/4 with Houston being so close. No need to swap it out with a cruise that the vast majority have no time for.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't bet on that. I'll bet there's a big market for 3/4 with Houston being so close. No need to swap it out with a cruise that the vast majority have no time for.

The Enchantment will be doing 4/5 day cruises out of Galveston

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Enchantment will be doing 4/5 day cruises out of Galveston

Huh, 3/4 seems to work well with the Orlando crowd. Weekenders for the working stiffs and cheap 4 days for the retirees and Disney vacationers.

Never cared for the 5/4/5 rotation of Brilliance when we were working. To much time off for to little return

Those 3/4 days loops are the teasers for the untapped marketplace,

and for the repeat short time cruisers in the close by marketplace.

RCL wants to compete with Carnival.

If they don't use Galveston , they will lose it .

Houston soon will be the third largest city in the US.

5 of fastest growing cities and areas in US are in Texas .

Houston/Galveston sits at the door step of the entire mid western corridor marketplace of the US.

I think you need 4/5 days from Galveston in order to get anyway. You need a sea day to get anywhere out of the US from there...

That being said - if we could get a 4 day on Liberty or Oasis to Cozumel from Galveston and reasonable charters for a family of 4, I’m sure we would book it! We can almost always get great airfare from Boston area to Houston - usually cheaper than Florida!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, none of my posts suggest scrapping the 3 and 4 day itineraries. I understand that they are both popular and that they offer an alternative to Carnival. I am merely suggesting that an occasional deviation would be welcomed by those of us wanting a more enticing itinerary.

John, none of my posts suggest scrapping the 3 and 4 day itineraries. I understand that they are both popular and that they offer an alternative to Carnival. I am merely suggesting that an occasional deviation would be welcomed by those of us wanting a more enticing itinerary.

Galveston doesn't do Three day cruises Never

Probably a matter of distance. They may not be able to visit a port and get back in 3 days.
Like Curtis said earlier, Progreso.

I've never been there. (Been to Cozumel, Nassau, and Coco Cay over 25 times each)

Serve Lone Star and Tito's as soon as you board.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

Like Curtis said earlier, Progreso.

I've never been there. (Been to Cozumel, Nassau, and Coco Cay over 25 times each)

Serve Lone Star and Tito's as soon as you board.

Progreso would be a four day cruise.

Come on John you have to sign up for Progreso Cruise the pier is about 3 miles long. You have to take the bus from ship to shore,No foot traffic on the pier.

Progreso would be a four day cruise.

Come on John you have to sign up for Progreso Cruise the pier is about 3 miles long. You have to take the bus from ship to shore,No foot traffic on the pier.

Looks like a 40 hour trip. You can drive it in 35

Just stay an hour and head back.

The ship is the destination. [emoji6]