City of Galveston/Royal Caribbean

Looks like an oil terminal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Out where the cruise ships dock is a container yard and a cement terminal, don’t forget all the shops Miss Kathy

Loves walking in to each and everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If one cruises a lot in Southeast US , you will soon be looking for overseas destinations. With creativity how many times condochristi will you be happy with cruising to Coco Cay , Nassau , St Thomas , SanJuan , Cozumel , Cayman , southern Caribbean. Roatan , Belize , Jamaica , Cuba.

Under your theory Florida also would need to be more creative with itineraries . Corpus certainly could not compete either with more creative itineraries.

If you want variety out of Galveston and Florida , try cruising the many repositioning , transatlantics to from other parts of the world. Or just cruise overseas. We have done many and are happy every now and then , along the way being in Cozumel , St Thomas and Nassau .

Besides it’s usually more important who you are with , not where you are at .

You’re right about that…

Much more important who you’re with than where you’re going.

I love Cozumel but is it necessary to hit it on virtually every trip that leaves Galveston? I checked the 3 cruise lines that leave from Galveston. About 220 different cruises visit Cozumel between now and the end of the year. About 10 do not. They are all week long cruises which pretty much rule out our participation :(

Maybe someday.

You’re right about that…

I love Cozumel but is it necessary to hit it on virtually every trip that leaves Galveston? I checked the 3 cruise lines that leave from Galveston. About 220 different cruises visit Cozumel between now and the end of the year. About 10 do not. They are all week long cruises which pretty much rule out our participation :(

Maybe someday.

So, you wouldn't be able to do 9 day or longer trips currently?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You’re right about that…

Maybe someday.

Your day will come !

You can sit on the deck of a bar overlooking the water in Galveston, Port Aransas , Corpus, or South Padre,

and it would look pretty much like any destination in the Caribbean. Dream with Imagination !

Zac Brown Band:

I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand

Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand

Life is good today. Life is good today.

Progresso sucks! Never go there....Costa Maya is way better.

We just tell people we are visiting our Mexican vacation home in Coz. Never tire of it. It's gorgeous.

What about Mexican ports closer, like Tampico, Veracruz or Ciudad Del Carmen? Guess too many bandidos, right?

I bet Carnival and RCL make alot of money when passengers spend money in their "captive" ports. Thats why everyship not only from Galveston but other ports go there.

Still waiting for Carnival or RCL to schedule a private island (D.R.) Jamaica, and Grand Cayman trip, should be able to get done in 7 days. It would be a little different.

Isn't Porta Maya, just an excuse for another port close to Cozumel? How far is it? 100 miles from Cozumel? Reminds me of another Cancun, built from the ground up to service tourists.

With a perfectly good terminal and pier in Baytown, why don't they sink a few million in that and build it up. Just a little ways up the bay and no problems getting from the airports in Houston over there.

Such a waste.

They had the Bayport Cruise Terminal that the City of Houston built with about 35,000,000.00 of my tax dollars. Can only get small ships in it, it also takes a few hours longer to get and out and fog in the late winter and early spring grinds it to a halt. Bayport was open for a few months then shut down.

They had the Bayport Cruise Terminal that the City of Houston built with about 35,000,000.00 of my tax dollars. Can only get small ships in it, it also takes a few hours longer to get and out and fog in the late winter and early spring grinds it to a halt. Bayport was open for a few months then shut down.

The Bayport Terminal wasn’t built with City of Houston dollars, it’s in the City of Pasadena.

The terminal wasted Harris County Port Authority dollars.

If it were used it could accommodate larger ships. Bayport handles some of the largest container vessels in the world.

It’s not a few hours more sail time. The actual GPS track at 19 knots is about 45 min to Pelican Island.

All of it doesn’t matter, a shipping company has a long term lease on the building.