Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

Thanks vtcruising for offering this service. Can you post my sister's cabin 7150. Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

Here is your sister's cabin, just 10 down from yours. That cabin is very close to the elevators and has a nice view looking out. Sounds like you have planned a special cruise! :D

I recently changed cabins from 12178 to 11190 because I was concerned about pool chair noise, now I see there is a larger overhang, I hope I did not make a mistake.

Sorry for the delay - I had your post all ready to go earlier and I must have been interrupted because now I can see that it didn't get posted.

Here is your cabin location. I found a side view close up that showed the overhang that you are worried about so that you can see if it seems too much for you. We are all different in what our priorities are, but if I had a choice between these two cabins, I would go with the one on the 11th deck (and we are sun lovers). I have read through a lot of comments about cabins under the pool deck from other ships and it sounds like there is potential for some scraping of chairs being arranged, including in the early morning, and possibly you will hear poolside music (though with the infinite balconies, the music may not be as much of an issue).

I have seen some pictures of the Edge with the sun shining directly on that side of the ship and a lot of the cabins with overhangs still seem to get decent sun. As the sun gets higher up, you may have less sun, but are close to the pool deck! :D

The close up makes it look like the MC will pass over your cabin, but by my estimates it won't. You will be right on the edge of the MC as it passes by though - should be quite a thrill! :D

enhance

enhance

When ever I am on a cruise... I like to look at the ship from the outside to try to figure out where my cabin is... exactly... a bit OCD... That is why I thought adding links to those shots might be useful to people like me...

I get it - I'm a bit OCD myself! :D

Hi please could you locate our cabin 8218, we are on the 30th Sept 2019 sailing to Greece and Italy. Thank you very much Tina

You have a nice central location with unobstructed view. You probably know that you will be part of the "Magic 56" cabins where the Magic Carpet will pass you by when it repositions. It won't happen many times each day and it will be in the dailies so you will know when it will happen (I personally would enjoy it :D). It won't be an obstruction for you while it is parked at any of the locations. You will have a nice view of the tendering process from your balcony - I'm assuming that you will have some tendered ports on that itinerary. Lucky you, going to the Med on the Edge! :D

enhance

VT, do you think that the rails for the MC might impact the views... particularly for the suites just next to them? Perhaps that is one reason for the window on the side... to help off set that. The rail looks substantial on deck plans... Hopefully we will get some good photos of the view off the balcony.

learning so much from the VT research.....

Sad to say that everytime I see these pics of the MC, I ask myself...was this monstrosity worth it...?

Cool idea on paper but so many otherwise nice cabins will be impacted one way or another..Can't wait for the posts to roll in once ship is in use,

Here is your sister's cabin, just 10 down from yours. That cabin is very close to the elevators and has a nice view looking out. Sounds like you have planned a special cruise! :D

Sorry, here is the picture: :D

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

VT, do you think that the rails for the MC might impact the views... particularly for the suites just next to them? Perhaps that is one reason for the window on the side... to help off set that. The rail looks substantial on deck plans... Hopefully we will get some good photos of the view off the balcony.

I would say definitely - the rails will have to protrude quite far from the cabins so that when the MC it passes people can't reach out to touch it and lose a limb. I do think the side windows help the 2 end cabins have more of a view from their balconies (and maybe it will look better from a design perspective?).

You have a nice central location with unobstructed view. You probably know that you will be part of the "Magic 56" cabins where the Magic Carpet will pass you by when it repositions. It won't happen many times each day and it will be in the dailies so you will know when it will happen (I personally would enjoy it :D). It won't be an obstruction for you while it is parked at any of the locations. You will have a nice view of the tendering process from your balcony - I'm assuming that you will have some tendered ports on that itinerary. Lucky you, going to the Med on the Edge! :D

enhance

Thank you very much for that. I had not heard of the "magic 56" cabins, I will now google that.

Thanks

Tina

Thank you very much for that. I had not heard of the "magic 56" cabins, I will now google that.

Thanks

Tina

Sorry, probably not much on google - I made up "Magic 56" for a thread I started about the cabins around the Magic Carpet - it is not official. :D

I’m booked in 10185 (booked as Concierge but it changed to Aqua Class - delighted!) for July 2018 and just this week blew my budget by adding a second week. Can only afford a deluxe ocean view - 9106 - but I know we will still have a wonderful time.

Wendy

I should have added, vtcruising, I would love if you could locate these and tell me anything about them. I think 10185 will have an Infinite Veranda so it will be interesting to contrast it with the one I had on Constellation.

Many thanks

Wendy

Anyone else feeling concerned about the pole in their S1 or S2 cabins? My DH is telling my not to worry about it and the only available sky suite on the second leg of our b2b is the one next to us that also has the pole. So no option to move at this point. Hoping those on 11/27 and 12/1, will report back that it is not that much of an obstruction given I have 10 days in 918, that I paid a pretty penny for and really would have preferred to be advised of the possible obstruction. HaHa, I am sure I am reading way too much into this and will have an amazing time no matter how big the pole in the middle of my balcony is. :)

enhance

Anyone else feeling concerned about the pole in their S1 or S2 cabins? My DH is telling my not to worry about it and the only available sky suite on the second leg of our b2b is the one next to us that also has the pole. So no option to move at this point. Hoping those on 11/27 and 12/1, will report back that it is not that much of an obstruction given I have 10 days in 918, that I paid a pretty penny for and really would have preferred to be advised of the possible obstruction. HaHa, I am sure I am reading way too much into this and will have an amazing time no matter how big the pole in the middle of my balcony is. :)

enhance

I'm not sure that it would bother me much, but I would have to see it from the balcony to be able to judge. I think it might be one of those things that annoy some and not others (I'm the type that may be initially annoyed and then get used to things). I will try to see one of those on my Nov 27 cruise and get some pictures - in fact I may be in one since we will be assigned our sky suites. The suites donated to United Way to sell will probably be the S3s and the pole S1's and S2's. :D

I should have added, vtcruising, I would love if you could locate these and tell me anything about them. I think 10185 will have an Infinite Veranda so it will be interesting to contrast it with the one I had on Constellation.

Many thanks

Wendy

Looks like your AQ cabin is located in a good spot, high up, close to the elevators and without obstructions. Yes, you will have an IV cabin - you will be an IV expert already. You are so lucky yours was one of the cabins upgraded to AQ - the spa looks wonderful! :D

enhance

Your second leg cabin will have one of the best views in the house. Lucky you to do two weeks on the Edge!! :D

enhance

enhance

I am not sure what your cabin number is "918" but if the pole you are referring to is the same one I had an slight issue with, it's not in "the middle" of the balcony. It's right next to the glass rail of the balcony and up attached to the ceiling.

enhance

We are also not happy about the poles either. We are in an S1 and I thought we had a bulkhead, but got our reminder for final payment and we have 10144 instead with the wonderful poles. No other cabins in the category are available.

I think that I can only remember one other older ship that had poles out on the balcony. These are supposed to be state of the art ships that shouldn’t need supports and may just be there for looks more than function.

Will it ruin our trip, no, but I agree that it is ridiculous to have any obstruction at the price point we are paying. Guess maybe they will only get the point if we start canceling and let them know it is due to polegate 😎

We are also not happy about the poles either. We are in an S1 and I thought we had a bulkhead, but got our reminder for final payment and we have 10144 instead with the wonderful poles. No other cabins in the category are available.

I think that I can only remember one other older ship that had poles out on the balcony. These are supposed to be state of the art ships that shouldn’t need supports and may just be there for looks more than function.

Will it ruin our trip, no, but I agree that it is ridiculous to have any obstruction at the price point we are paying. Guess maybe they will only get the point if we start canceling and let them know it is due to polegate 😎

Keep checking on the day of and after final payment. You never know when a cabin might open up.

I think you and Mcampo are both referring to the support pole I just posted a picture of. I had a cabin with that same thing and moved right after recent close-up photos revealed it. Would it mess up my cruise if I stayed there, no. But as you note, at this price point you rather have no obstruction if you can help it.

Good luck and I hope you can change your cabin. Remember, for every four, the two in the middle have the support pole.

9181! Trying to post from my iPhone is not always a good idea. I believe it is to the side and not in the middle. I just would have liked the option to get one without the obstruction, however, in reality it probably will not be a big deal at all.

I am not sure what your cabin number is "918" but if the pole you are referring to is the same one I had an slight issue with, it's not in "the middle" of the balcony. It's right next to the glass rail of the balcony and up attached to the ceiling.

Yes! Thanks for the up close photo. I have been trying to zoom in on other photos posted. I believe the cabin I have, 9181, has the pole closer to the middle as you can see in this photo, which doesn’t make me happy give the price point but after a few cocktails, I am sure I will be over it. I just feel the these things should have been taken into consideration when designing the ship.

Mcampo - Are these the poles you are talking about. See the ones circled in red.

bbafcdb1fe1a63b7c525cc69c167dfdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the tip! I will keep checking to see if a pole free cabin becomes available. If not, I will create a new hashtag when posting photos from my balcony, #polegate. 😂. Maybe I will even bring a special decoration for the pole!

Keep checking on the day of and after final payment. You never know when a cabin might open up.

I think you and Mcampo are both referring to the support pole I just posted a picture of. I had a cabin with that same thing and moved right after recent close-up photos revealed it. Would it mess up my cruise if I stayed there, no. But as you note, at this price point you rather have no obstruction if you can help it.

Good luck and I hope you can change your cabin. Remember, for every four, the two in the middle have the support pole.