Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

Hi Marilyn, will you please add us? 9181. However, if anyone is looking for me, I will be near the VW munchie bus with a drink in hand and my DH will be at the retreat pool bar!! ;)

quote=vtcruising;56583889]If anyone wants to add his/her cabin to the ship pictures in the first post, please post your cabin number here and I will update the pictures with the new cabins added every few days, as needed. It is fun to see where everyone will be located (and can refer back when the reviews start to come in).

Yes! Thanks for the up close photo. I have been trying to zoom in on other photos posted. I believe the cabin I have, 9181, has the pole closer to the middle as you can see in this photo, which doesn’t make me happy give the price point but after a few cocktails, I am sure I will be over it. I just feel the these things should have been taken into consideration when designing the ship.

OMG - how could I have missed this in all my obsessing! Very easy to see it as a cabin divider with so many angled exterior photos... but it is not! We have turned our 3-day into a bday celebration and have relatives in three S2s, one with the pole. Fortunately there is so much Sky Suite inventory that I was able to change it. This info should be definitely be referenced on the thread that is all about Sky Suites.

Yes! Thanks for the up close photo. I have been trying to zoom in on other photos posted. I believe the cabin I have, 9181, has the pole closer to the middle as you can see in this photo, which doesn’t make me happy give the price point but after a few cocktails, I am sure I will be over it. I just feel the these things should have been taken into consideration when designing the ship.

The cross bars on the Infinite verandas one deck above not great either.

.This ship has a long list of cabins to avoid in the future!

This thread is going to be helpful for future bookings.

Thanks again Vt!

For any who have a concern about the pole in some Sky Suites, there is a video of a mocked up Edge Sky Suite (Google it) that clearly shows the pole on the balcony. This may help you decide if it bothers you. In the video, it does appear to support the large I-beam above the balcony - not just there for decoration as one poster suggested.

Wow. Can’t believe 1- you noticed it (I’ve watched that video several times and it went right over my head), 2- that they included the pole in the recreated/simulated cabin (i.e., they knew it would be an issue so tried to address it right away), 3) how stupid it is sitting there on the balcony and how much it bothers me.

Thank you, happy with my room selection.

Sorry for the delay - I had your post all ready to go earlier and I must have been interrupted because now I can see that it didn't get posted.

Here is your cabin location. I found a side view close up that showed the overhang that you are worried about so that you can see if it seems too much for you. We are all different in what our priorities are, but if I had a choice between these two cabins, I would go with the one on the 11th deck (and we are sun lovers). I have read through a lot of comments about cabins under the pool deck from other ships and it sounds like there is potential for some scraping of chairs being arranged, including in the early morning, and possibly you will hear poolside music (though with the infinite balconies, the music may not be as much of an issue).

I have seen some pictures of the Edge with the sun shining directly on that side of the ship and a lot of the cabins with overhangs still seem to get decent sun. As the sun gets higher up, you may have less sun, but are close to the pool deck! :D

The close up makes it look like the MC will pass over your cabin, but by my estimates it won't. You will be right on the edge of the MC as it passes by though - should be quite a thrill! :D

enhance

enhance

Looks like your AQ cabin is located in a good spot, high up, close to the elevators and without obstructions. Yes, you will have an IV cabin - you will be an IV expert already. You are so lucky yours was one of the cabins upgraded to AQ - the spa looks wonderful! :D

enhance

Your second leg cabin will have one of the best views in the house. Lucky you to do two weeks on the Edge!! :D

enhance

Thank you so much!!! So kind of you to do this for us all. Very lucky to do two weeks on the Edge but it is my 50th birthday the first week so I am going to make the most of it.

Wendy

Thanks for the tip! I will keep checking to see if a pole free cabin becomes available. If not, I will create a new hashtag when posting photos from my balcony, #polegate. 😂. Maybe I will even bring a special decoration for the pole!

You are very welcome.

The beauty about CC and the information sharing is very cool. Thanks to Lloyd for his many construction photos that he has shared, we are able to see and learn more about the ship. With that, we are sometimes able to make better choices from the information and photos posted. All those photos and closeups were very helpful for me and made me realize I should try to switch cabins.

So again, hang in there, something might open up for you. Check everyday multiple times :)

Hi! My wife and I are in an S1, 11210 on the Feb. 17th sailing. I think I know where it is in the picture but not sure. We are EXCITED sailing on the Edge.

Judd

Looks like a great S1 location! You may get to see some MC action, you are near the elevators, on a bump out, next to a firewall and free of the dreaded support pole on the balcony! :D Enjoy the suite life on the Edge!

enhance

Looks like a great S1 location! You may get to see some MC action, you are near the elevators, on a bump out, next to a firewall and free of the dreaded support pole on the balcony! :D Enjoy the suite life on the Edge!

enhance

Thank you so much!

I am happy to announce that thanks to Tall-Cruiser's great Tip of checking multiple times a day for cabins, a POLE free S2 became available this morning for the 7 day leg of my B2B, that was already available for my 3 day preview! I have moved to 9183! I now can sleep better knowing that I will not have to deal with #PoleGate. Plus my DH is happy that I will no longer be obsessing over it! Thank you for the help!

You are very welcome.

The beauty about CC and the information sharing is very cool. Thanks to Lloyd for his many construction photos that he has shared, we are able to see and learn more about the ship. With that, we are sometimes able to make better choices from the information and photos posted. All those photos and closeups were very helpful for me and made me realize I should try to switch cabins.

So again, hang in there, something might open up for you. Check everyday multiple times :)

I am happy to announce that thanks to Tall-Cruiser's great Tip of checking multiple times a day for cabins, a POLE free S2 became available this morning for the 7 day leg of my B2B, that was already available for my 3 day preview! I have moved to 9183! I now can sleep better knowing that I will not have to deal with #PoleGate. Plus my DH is happy that I will no longer be obsessing over it! Thank you for the help!

You are very welcome.

Yay! So glad that it worked out! Now you can relax and enjoy the next 3 months. :D

Thanks for the pole decoration idea! I am bringing something to decorate my pole if I get assigned one of those suites on my United Way cruise. ;)

Here is your new spot! It looks wonderful!! :D

enhance

Thank you ! It does look wonderful! You don't know how happy this makes me! I cannot wait to see photographs of your decorated pole ;p, should you get one! Side note, will you still be on the 12/6 preview cruise?

Yay! So glad that it worked out! Now you can relax and enjoy the next 3 months. :D

Thanks for the pole decoration idea! I am bringing something to decorate my pole if I get assigned one of those suites on my United Way cruise. ;)

Here is your new spot! It looks wonderful!! :D

enhance

You are very welcome.

Mcampo - Congrats! I am glad that you were able to move to one without the pole plus 9183 also has the thick Firewall on one side, an added benefit.

Have a wonderful cruise.

If anyone wants to add his/her cabin to the ship pictures in the first post, please post your cabin number here and I will update the pictures with the new cabins added every few days, as needed. It is fun to see where everyone will be located (and can refer back when the reviews start to come in).

Please add cabin cabin 6250 to your list of cabins.

Thanks!