Decision on laundry

Lyndihop

We are on a 24 day TA cruise in October. Can't quite decide whether to take the laundry package or use the stuff a laundry bag.

Any photos of the laundry bag would be appreciated.

How does the pircing compare?

I have 5 star

(laundry for free and neptune, laundry included) so don' kow package prices.

You can fit a lot into the laundry bags. :)

Seeing you rae on a long cruise, unless there is a huge differnce in pricing, is it worth tgressing aboug laundry? How much money are you worrying about?

Stuff the bag worked for us too and we took very long cruises- amazing what you can stuff down the sides and fill all the air spaces with a little attention to it.

Where are you going - will it be very hot and you need to get fresh things daily or just routine items that you can pack enough to last several days (5-7)? So on a 24 day cruise you would need about 3-4 bags?

We are on a 24 day TA cruise in October. Can't quite decide whether to take the laundry package or use the stuff a laundry bag.

Have a great cruise.

How often do you anticipate sending out laundry and how much? 3 times by the bag will cost between $60 and $90 depending on if they are charging regular prices or European prices.

You many need to wait until you are on board to decide.

Frankly, with the unlimited package you can ship out laundry once or twice a day if you are so inclined. I'd be inclined to do that for the convenience, but the bag works well too.

It's a small bag but if you roll and stuff you can get a fair amount in.

We love the convenience of the unlimited laundry package, but we also know doing "by the bag" costs us less, for two of us. Before we became 4* we tested this several times :)

The bag can hold quite a bit, at least 2 prs of jeans, 5 or 6 long sleeved tops, plus socks and underwear. More accurately, it has held that much for us.

Can I confirm, the unlimited price per day is per cabin, and not per passenger, is that correct?

We have a 10 night Med cruise booked on Koningsdam, but we will already have been travelling for 6 days prior and then we are boarding a 19 day cruise (Celebrity) the day after we disembark, so, I am thinking that with an unlimited per day package, we could catch up on the last 6 days washing when we get on-board and make sure everything is clean at the end of our cruise for the next part of our trip. Does this sound like a good plan, or is their something I am not taking into account?

I'm ASSUMING the unlimited laundry is $9 a day times 24 days -- $216.

$20 a bag twice a week (assuming it's still $20 a bag) = $120.

If you want to save almost $100, do the bags. Otherwise, go for the unlimited.

I believe the unlimited of $9 you are using is the European price. That being the case, the price by the bag is also higher in Europe. I believe it was $30 last time we were in Europe.

This is why I said the OP might want to wait until they are onboard. They can check the pricing of the unlimited and the "by the bag" and then decide ;)

Can I confirm, the unlimited price per day is per cabin, and not per passenger, is that correct?

We have a 10 night Med cruise booked on Koningsdam, but we will already have been travelling for 6 days prior and then we are boarding a 19 day cruise (Celebrity) the day after we disembark, so, I am thinking that with an unlimited per day package, we could catch up on the last 6 days washing when we get on-board and make sure everything is clean at the end of our cruise for the next part of our trip. Does this sound like a good plan, or is their something I am not taking into account?

Yes, you are correct, the price is per cabin (not per passenger).

Your plan sounds good to me. You will indeed be able to catch up. Laundry service usually stops the second last day of the cruise (ie last day to send out laundry is Thursday if your disembarkation is Saturday) to allow time for it all to get back to you and be packed, so you will end up with a few dirty clothes - but not many ;)

;)

Yes, you are correct, the price is per cabin (not per passenger).

Your plan sounds good to me. You will indeed be able to catch up. Laundry service usually stops the second last day of the cruise (ie last day to send out laundry is Thursday if your disembarkation is Saturday) to allow time for it all to get back to you and be packed, so you will end up with a few dirty clothes - but not many ;)

Thanks!

It's $20 a bag full or $7-8 a day. We filled a bag a day. Package was definitely worth it for us. YMMV

Dan

I'm ASSUMING the unlimited laundry is $9 a day times 24 days -- $216.

$20 a bag twice a week (assuming it's still $20 a bag) = $120.

If you want to save almost $100, do the bags. Otherwise, go for the unlimited.

There you go! :)

Rather than hem haw and stress, the arithmetic provides the answer. That is why I asked for numbers. Arithmetic provided the key to the best choice. :).

Regardless if we're doing by the bag or unlimited, is ironing (e.g., men's shirts) included? And do they still return items that one would normally hang up (shirts, slacks, tops .....) on hangers?

Thx.

Regardless if we're doing by the bag or unlimited, is ironing (e.g., men's shirts) included? And do they still return items that one would normally hang up (shirts, slacks, tops .....) on hangers?

Thx.

Yes, the items come back pressed.

Just check the hangers option on the laundry slip and those items that should be hung up come back that way to you. The smaller personal items (ie socks) come in the wicker basket wrapped in tissue.

Yes, the items come back pressed.

Just check the hangers option on the laundry slip and those items that should be hung up come back that way to you. The smaller personal items (ie socks) come in the wicker basket wrapped in tissue.

Speaking of the wicker basket, our very first cruise was in 2004 on the second sailing of the Westerdam. We had a last minute upsell offer to a Neptune and one of the things I vividly remember was the first time we sent out laundry and when it was returned, the small items were neatly folded and wrapped in tissue in the basket with the foil embossed sticker keeping the tissue sealed. What a nice touch! I'm sure we have a picture of it somewhere. LOL

Anyway, glad to know some things haven't changed. :D

Thanks!

Seeing how much we could fit in the bag was almost as fun as most of the excursions!!

Kevin

Noordam, 2008 - Eurodam, 2008 - Liberty of the Seas, 2009 - Solstice, 2010 - Eurodam, 2010 Nieuw Amsterdam, 2011 - Nieuw Amsterdam, 2012 - Nieuw Amsterdam, 2012 - Nieuw Amsterdam, 2018, Nieuw Ameterdam, 2018

Thx.

You can choose up front whether you want things folded or put on hangers. They will be pressed beautifully. The presentation in a tissue lined baskets for the folded items is far more attention than they ever get in this house. We think the HAL laundry service is first rate.

Thx.

it will all be ironed unless you request not

. You can indicate your choice of fold or hang. There is a box n the form to check.