Spa access denial even though you have a Spa Mini Suite?

ozecat

Haven't sailed yet, but have heard rumours that even though we have been upgraded to spa mini suite through the bidding process, we may not be entitled to spa access.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Was really looking forward to resting my weary limbs after full day excursions.

Recently read a rather positive review (jj227) on the Breakaway, the 9-day Baltic itinerary, same as we'll be going on, same upgrade via bidding, and they didn't seem to have any issues.

Just seems crazy to me that they wouldn't allow you to use the spa if you were in a spa mini suite.

Any further comments jj227?

Ozecat

Haven't sailed yet, but have heard rumours that even though we have been upgraded to spa mini suite through the bidding process, we may not be entitled to spa access.

Recently read a rather positive review (jj227) on the Breakaway, the 9-day Baltic itinerary, same as we'll be going on, same upgrade via bidding, and they didn't seem to have any issues.

Just seems crazy to me that they wouldn't allow you to use the spa if you were in a spa mini suite.

Ozecat

we have been upgraded to spa mini suite through the bidding process, we may not be entitled to spa access.

That is the crux of the matter - the upgrade - if you did not have the spa access before the upgrade you

DO NOT get it with the upgrade.

You do take any amenities perks promos with you from the original booking but do not get the amenities

from the upgraded cabin. - SORRY NCL rules.

Ozecat

That sounds crazy to me. That would be like winning a bid on a Haven suite but not having access to the Haven amenities. What makes a Spa Balcony or Spa Minisuite is the access to the Spa amenities. I would find it very hard to believe that winning a spa room would not include the spa access. It wouldn't be a spa minisuite then, it would just be a minisuite.

Now if you purchased a spa minisuite outright and then won a bid for a different non-spa type room, you would loose the spa access at that point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

we have been upgraded to spa mini suite through the bidding process' date=' we may not be entitled to spa access.[/b']

That is the crux of the matter - the upgrade - if you did not have the spa access before the upgrade you

You do take any amenities perks promos with you from the original booking but do not get the amenities

Totally incorrect.

If you upgrade to a spa room, you get spa access. The OP has nothing to worry about. M9 comes with access to the Thermal Duitr.

• Like 1

I will say when I called to get spa passes last week for Escape Oct 28th I inquired about cancelling the passes if I were to win a spa cabin upgrade bid and was told the spa pass wouldn't come with the room upgrade...I just assumed the NCL rep didn't know what she was talking about......interesting.....

we have been upgraded to spa mini suite through the bidding process' date=' we may not be entitled to spa access.[/b']

Spa access is not a booking perk (like SDP, UBP, excursion credit, etc) it's an amenity of the room (like a balcony, upgraded bathroom, etc). The spa access is linked to the room, not the reservation. Not matter if you got the room via direct booking or bid, you get spa access.

• Like 1

This is incorrect.

I was awarded the Haven Spa Suite in 2016, and had access to the Thermal Suite. The Spa is a ROOM perk, not a booking perk.

FWIW, I also bought spa passes in advance and was able to refund them upon my bid win.

OP, you'll be fine. Enjoy the spa!

• Like 1

100% wrong

This is not true. The spa access stays with the cabin. It is not considered an amenity. It would be like saying because you upgrade to the Haven you can't go to the Haven restaurant or have butler service. I do agree about other amenities, but this one is different.

If you have a spa cabin, you have full access to what is referred to as the thermal suite. It consists of lounge chairs, a pool with a variety of areas, a separate hot tub, steam, sauna, salt room. and heated loungers. There is no problem at all in using the spa, but understand that access is controlled by having to leave your key card at the spa desk, while you are in the spa.

We were upgraded to a Haven spa cabin on a bid, and had spa access and Haven access. The spa cabin provides spa access. It’s not a perk, it’s part of the cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same here been upgrade to Haven H9 Spa Suite, we got access.

Apology - - -

My sincere apology for posting the incorrect application of the Spa access !

Especially to the OP Ozecat !

No excuses - - -

Thanks to all that have commented posted about their real experience in how spa

cabin upgrades are allowed access to a the SPA.

Thank you to - zqvol - explanation is the best of how the (spa) upgrade system works.

• Like 1

Ozecat

If you are in a Spa cabin you will have access to the thermal spa at no cost, regardless of how you got booked into the cabin.

Won a bid on a Haven Spa 3 weeks ago and used the spa with no issues.

• 5 weeks later...

I just called to check on this too. NCL agent told me the only way you WOULD NOT get spa passes is if you received the room by using a guarantee booking or using a booking upgrade that you do not pay for. By bidding you are paying for that room and all that comes with it. I also asked about taxes and fees since I already paid for them and that is not an extra on top of your bid.

• 3 weeks later...

You are absolutely incorrect. You gain any amenities that are part of the room. If you upgraded to a suite, you would get butler and concierge service. You don't receive any of the current extras such as fee drink plan, or specialty dinner plan that may be offered at the time of upgrade. The spa mini-suite comes with spa access as part of the room. They will get access. It is only a rumor and not fact.

You are absolutely incorrect. You gain any amenities that are part of the room. If you upgraded to a suite, you would get butler and concierge service. You don't receive any of the current extras such as fee drink plan, or specialty dinner plan that may be offered at the time of upgrade. The spa mini-suite comes with spa access as part of the room. They will get access. It is only a rumor and not fact.

Thank you for clarifying. Sounds like the rumor was started because an NCL rep is confusing spa amenities that come with the spa cabins with booking perks. Not good.

this in not correct.

Ozecat

It’s my understanding that you do get spa access... it goes along with the room only. If you were in a spa and then bid on a suite, you would lose access then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It sounds like whomever you spoke with gave you incorrect information. On the upgrade page for our cruise coming up at the end of the October, it says this for the spa balcony: The Spa Balcony staterooms feature tranquil spa décor and include two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed, easy access to the adjacent Mandara Spa experience and fitness center, as well as complimentary access to the Thermal Spa Suites during regular Spa hours.

It is included, per the above.

Thank you. After reading your post I clicked on the spa balcony picture on the upgrade email and saw what you had posted for me. I don't know why I bother asking the cruise line employees questions. I should always just rely on my CC family.