Who do you book your cruise with?

I didn't want names just like expedia or cruise ship directly or travel agent. Is that allowed?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Forums mobile app

If you want to read about travel agent vs booking directly with RC, there are numerous recent threads.

Here is one:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2635706

and another:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2594551

Travel agents are a little like doctors...most are competant, a few are quacks but some are outstanding. We have been fortunate in finding an outstanding TA and have used them for 18 years. Control IS important and a good TA will make sure YOU make the decisions and ensure that you get the best deals available. But, like finding a good doctor you can trust, finding a good TA takes some effort on your part. Its been our experience that its worth the effort.

Happy cruising!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

We have a very reliable experienced TA. We pick the cruise but she books it and takes care of flights, hotel before and after. Wonderful experience after 20 cruises. :)
We book all of the 3 day RCI quickies directly with Royal as our long-time TA can't add much value there. For the longer cruises, over the last 14 years she saved us a great deal of money off the various cruise line website rates and provided $$$ of OBC over the years.

When booking in the past with Celebrity and Princess I booked directly through the cruise line. I never found the TA offerings worthwhile. I was able to control the booking if I wanted to upgrade my category or if I found a price drop, without having to go through a middle man who may or may not be available. When researching Royal I found their promotional pricing sketchy at best and while tracking pricing I have only experienced an increase in pricing as the cruise got closer to the sailing date. I found it more beneficial to book through a Big Box warehouse TA who gave me $250 OBC on top of the $75 OBC that Royal was offering and they didn't require a deposit.

I used to book directly with Royal, and then just before final payment - turn it over to a travel agency so I could get AAdvantage Miles. Now, it has to be within 60 days from making the booking, so sometimes that works out, most of the time it does not. That is okay, as I want to maintain control of reservation.