Favorites: Returned From First Regent Cruise

tulok

Came back from our first Regent cruise. A Mediterranean 10-day on Voyager. I am only going to focus on my favorite parts. We thought we would not do another ocean cruise 6 years ago when we switched to river cruises. They are still my first choice but I will never say never.

Favorite thing that surprised me was the adaptability of Regent while cruising. I was glad to hear before we sailed the pool grill was open for dinner in the Mediterranean for summer. But even better, on the 2 days of long excursions, they allowed shorts in Veranda for dinner. Before the comments start; you could only go to the Veranda because tours were getting back at 7-730p. If we would have went to our cabin to shower and change, it would have ended up room service. Instead, we ate, then went to our room to change to go to the lounges.

Also they had the World Cup finals and 3rd place games showing in the theater with drinks and popcorn. A lot of fun. Even crew was there to cheer.

My cabin steward was excellent. We were in a Cat F, and the room was lovely. On river cruises we have had butlers. Our room steward was just as good as any butler we have had. For example, Budweiser and Heineken was in our refrigerator. Randomly asked if would could have Corona and Stella, as we were passing for our first dinner. The steward handed me a form. When we returned the refrigerator was full of the not-yet-requested and they were replenished if we even took one out.

Room service was great. I called one night and asked if it was possible to get some snacks like pretzels, mixed nuts, as we were enjoying our balcony. They came with a party spread. The server was so sweet and joked he would join us. Every time room service was excellent.

Our absolute favorite was the Voyager Lounge with Natures Trio. We went every night before dinner (except long excursion days) and tried to hurry to go back after dinner. They are a treasure.

We enjoyed the cruise very much. The positives out weighed the negatives by far. Anyone that is booked or thinking of booking, I think you will be happy with your choice.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your first Regent cruise. I never thought of asking for a "party spread" to be delivered to my suite, I'll have to remember that tidbit for my next cruise.

Not to get too far off topic, but I'm curious to know what your favorite river cruise lines are. We have been on Tauck twice, and loved it, and are sailing of Uniworld next year.

Bob

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your first Regent cruise. I never thought of asking for a "party spread" to be delivered to my suite, I'll have to remember that tidbit for my next cruise.

Not to get too far off topic, but I'm curious to know what your favorite river cruise lines are. We have been on Tauck twice, and loved it, and are sailing of Uniworld next year.

Bob

We have sailed on Uniworld and Viking. We enjoyed both brands for different reasons. I thought the crew on Viking was much more attentive. I always wondered if that had something to do with tipping not being included. Plus they were great about bending times on free drinks during lunch and dinner times. Just friendlier in general.

Uniworld has better food, and we loved the excursions. Kayaking through Roman ruins, hiking through the most expensive acreage for growing grapes at 1 million an acre.

Which boat are you going on?

Just came upon you question on river cruises. We have been on two river cruises both of them with Scenic.

I can not say enough good things about them. Try them if you get the chance.

We will be booking a Christmas market cruise. Glad to know.

Just came upon you question on river cruises. We have been on two river cruises both of them with Scenic.

I can not say enough good things about them. Try them if you get the chance.

I have heard very good things about Scenic. We haven't been on their river ships, but we are booked on the yacht, the Eclipse, in Iceland next summer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Which boat are you going on?

We are doing the Grand France cruise, which does the Seine and the Rhone. We start on the Catherine, and switch to the Joie de Vivre.

So I am thinking you are from Tulsa. Do I know you? I am a gyn surgeon at St Francis. Husband is a well known attorney who also ran for city council a few years ago.

Anyway, we are Platinum on Regent, and obviously like the product very much. We have done 3 river cruises, and they are fine, but still love ocean cruising most.

We are doing the Grand France cruise, which does the Seine and the Rhone. We start on the Catherine, and switch to the Joie de Vivre.

Catherine was the one we did last year, from Leon to Avignon. If you choose the kayak excursion start working out now. It was a workout as we were going again the river most times.

So I am thinking you are from Tulsa. Do I know you? I am a gyn surgeon at St Francis. Husband is a well known attorney who also ran for city council a few years ago.

Anyway, we are Platinum on Regent, and obviously like the product very much. We have done 3 river cruises, and they are fine, but still love ocean cruising most.

I don't think we met but this is a small city. I am originally from Atlanta.

Catherine was the one we did last year, from Leon to Avignon. If you choose the kayak excursion start working out now. It was a workout as we were going again the river most times.

Hmmm...at this point an Avignon walking tour is sounding rather tempting.:D

But we have until next May to decide, so who knows?;)

Tulok: Thanks for sharing impressions of your first Regent venture. Familiar comments as to attentive suite staff who are quick in the uptake; remember the small stuff; and get things done.

BTW: UniWorld is great. Next will be April-May 2019. Three advance days in Paris, then 21 days on seven-day segments aboard Bon Voyage, Joie de Vivre, and Catherine. Northwest, central, and southern France. Itinerary will include Normandy "D-Day" Invasion Beaches, which is the focus of our interest in booking this itinerary.

Back to this Thread: Once on Regent--or a similar 5+star experience on Silversea, Seabourn, or Crystal--one can get hooked. River or ocean, top service.

GOARMY!

GoArmy:

You are living my retirement dream. We will be there one day. We did 3 in Paris and 2 in Dijon with Catherine in the middle.

I can see us doing another Regent in the near future. The Baltic looks very appealing. We are port driven so 45-1hour bus rides or a tender ride is my biggest negative issue.

Tulok: Other than the fjords of far northern Norway, our favorite itinerary is through the Baltics. Next will be August-September, 2019 aboard Explorer: BTB--Stockholm (three days in St. Petersburg) to London; then London to London via Scotland and Ireland. Check out further Baltic stops on that first leg on Regent's website, or through your TA.

Explorer is now our favorite Regent ship. That is--until boarding Splendor in March, 2020 to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary with family and friends.

GOARMY!