Am I going to feel lower class?

Canadian Scarlett

I booked a Bella balcony guarantee and got a fantastica balcony cabin. I understand that I will still have a Bella experience. Will I feel like I am missing out on things?

You get what you booked BELLA.

Don't worry. Been on Divina 3 times, Sifonia 1, and Lirica 2. Never experienced any class problems in any areas. Did all categories except YC. Enjoy your cruise. You will love it, enjoy it and go back for more.

Tell us how you really enjoyed it when you get back.

We loved our Bella balcony on the Divina in 2015 (Mediterranian cruise). Had a lovely table for 4 in the main dining room since we cruised with another couple and got exactly what we requested. Everyone we interacted with was polite, cheerful and helpful. Booked another Bella balcony for January 2019 in the Caribbean- I don't really see any advantages in having the Fantastica experience (and a higher price tag) as we never use room service anyway.

Enjoy your cruise, there's nothing to worry about:)

Other then room service charge,really no difference if you were given a Fantasica room vs a Bella room ( I am assuming you have drinks on us package). Sailed Divina last November and had a great time. Remember a rainy day in the Caribbean still beats a snowy day back here in Canada :)

I phoned MSC to ask them about Bella/Fantasticas variations and they said with Bella you have to eat dinner in the buffet. Beginning to wonder if this is accurate as I’d hate to think I’d paid more for Fantastical for no reason.

Leekaz ... Believe me when I say that there are people here who know more about MSC and their ships than many of those in their offices, it is rare that anyone has to eat in the buffet in the evening. They tried it on Seaside and it got changed due to complaints, there are now three sittings each in both of the main Dining rooms.

With regards to Bella v Fantastica the difference is with Fantastica you get room service, choice of Dining time, and a cabin in what MSC say is a better location on the ship and usually on a higher deck.

Currently in the UK for the Divina Xmas sailing this year the price difference is £100 pp or about 130 Dollars pp.

Hardly use room service and some Bella cabins are on higher decks so hardly worth the extra money.

On Seaside we have sailed in one of the Aft Aurea suites and in one of the Forward deck 9 Aurea balconies both worth every penny or cent, on our five other MSC ships we have has Outside and balcony cabins some before the experience things came in when the cabins were B1, 2 and 3.

At Xmas we currently have a Bella cabin on deck 13 on Divina with a Juliet balcony that came with a drink package and WiFi, previous sailing on the first TA to Miami we had an Aftcabin on Deck 10.

So don't feel that will be treated like a third class passenger by booking Bella.

I booked a Bella balcony guarantee and got a fantastica balcony cabin. I understand that I will still have a Bella experience. Will I feel like I am missing out on things?

I sailed MSC twice; Bella and Fantastica. I noticed no real difference. I did not feel like I was second class in any way. In fact, the "class" divide is significantly more noticeable on Royal Caribbean where they rope off sections everywhere for people in suites versus having an entire separate section for them. I only missed a clear view off front of the ship on Divina. But as far as service, amenities, availability to go to or through venues, no, never felt second class.

I have done an inside cabin, Bella, twice on Divina.

The first time I Booked Bella was because I wanted to see what the cruise experience was like on board ship. Would I feel like a second class citizen because I was a lowly first time cruiser on MSC and had no loyalty program privileges or had not decided buy status by a certain cabin type?

Answer: It made absolutely no difference to my onboard experience.

Bella experience is a great value for a budget concious cruiser.

Our first cruise with MSC was Fantasia (interior cabin). We weren't sure what the difference with Bella. So, we booked Bella for the past 2 cruises with MSC and was assigned Fantasia Balcony cabins. Service was the same except the free room service (which we never avail of). Cabin steward would know your experience but their service is great.

Restricted areas (for YC pax) are not obvious unless you really venture out to those sections. Majority of the spaces (bar/lounges, etc.) in the ship are open to all pax.

In South African waters on board Sinfonia, there was no real class separation or experiences on offer as such, other for those who could afford the suites over standard cabins. They enjoyed access to the reserved restaurant, but were served the same meals as MDR. My first cruise (Mozambique) was a cabin with a window which was nice for the 4 days onboard. My next was longer, 11 days to Mauritius in an inside cabin, which sucked because I battled not being able to orientate to a horizon. What these experiences did for me, was to decide that each cruise will be better / bigger than the previous. This October on Divina - 12 days Caribbean, I have a balcony cabin and Fantastica experience. The next one will have to be in at least Aurea or maybe YC - once I've saved enough!

There are no differences in what you can and can't do, the service you'll receive or where you can and can't go (YC aside which applies to all non YC). No-one on board with you will know what expereience you've booked unless you tell them, if you are happy with the benefits of the experience you've booked there is no reason you'll feel any differently to any other passengers. Just enjoy your cruise.

If the ship is full, then sometimes a section of the buffet is reserved for some Bella guests to have their evening meal. It is in a quieter corner, and will be laid out as the restaurant with table cloth, waiter service and you have the same evening menu as the dining room. It does not mean you have to eat the buffet food and serve yourself. I've not heard of this happening much recently and can't recall ever seeing this happen when we have been onboard.

The other differences are negligible as others have mentioned

Thanks everyone! Feeling much better!!!

I noticed your user name so like us other Canadians you are losing around 35% of every dollar you spend on your American based vacation, coupled with the very high airfare we get screwed with. While I read on these posts how great the YC experience is we simply can't (won't) bring ourselves to pay that much for a vacation when we can take 2 or 3 for the same price in Bella. Not my intent here to bash those that can afford that luxury but to be honest you will not even see the pampering that they get because they have their own area of the ship and it really is transparent to the rest of the passengers. enjoy Bella you will not regret it.

I noticed your user name so like us other Canadians you are losing around 35% of every dollar you spend on your American based vacation, coupled with the very high airfare we get screwed with. While I read on these posts how great the YC experience is we simply can't (won't) bring ourselves to pay that much for a vacation when we can take 2 or 3 for the same price in Bella. Not my intent here to bash those that can afford that luxury but to be honest you will not even see the pampering that they get because they have their own area of the ship and it really is transparent to the rest of the passengers. enjoy Bella you will not regret it.

It is very frustrating for sure. I will keep my focus on fun and I’m feel good that we will have a great time!

It is very frustrating for sure. I will keep my focus on fun and I’m feel good that we will have a great time!

BTW my wife and I are going on another cruise on MSC Orchestra in Northern Europe at the end of the month with the money we saved by going Bella on Seaside in Apr. We are taking an 11 night cruise in an inside Bella for $680 USD each. Live within your means (budget) and keep smiling :cool:

BTW my wife and I are going on another cruise on MSC Orchestra in Northern Europe at the end of the month with the money we saved by going Bella on Seaside in Apr. We are taking an 11 night cruise in an inside Bella for $680 USD each. Live within your means (budget) and keep smiling :cool:

We are flying in businessclass from Sweden to Miami next year for the money we saved when cruising in the Yacht Club instead of NCLs Haven last summer!