Best Haven and Why?

Maya1234

After my first ever cruise....in the Bliss Haven, I am obsessed. We love the Haven so much. The restaurant was absolutely key. So, of other ships with a Haven restaurant, which do you think is overall the best from a ship and Haven standpoint.

We're doing the Bliss Haven in December, can't wait. We've been in the Haven on Jade, Epic, Getaway, and Escape. Of those I have to say that the Haven public areas were best on the Epic, although the room design is terrible on that ship. They're all great and at the end of the day very similar. You can't go wrong on any ship.

Chef Nicholaos, Bliss Haven Executive Sous Chef, really is an wonderful person and great Chef, he and Lily, Maître d', are an amazing team, working to ensure everyone has a great experience in the Haven. They were my first experience with a Haven restaurant, we have sailed Jewel & Dawn Suites.

I hope the other Executive Sous Chefs & Maître d's are equally talented but am prepared to miss them when we are on the Bliss in Sept (I think they will be on vacation)

Loved the Epic Haven with Posh. Posh is way better than the Haven sundeck on Getaway.

Don't laugh but the best suite experience I had was on the Sky and they don't have an actual Haven. I think because there are only a few suites they can provide top notch service. It was my first suite NCL experience and the bar was set too high for future cruises. The butler picked you up during boarding and personally demonstrated the Lavazza machine. Called me Sir until I begged him to call me David. Delivered white cloth table service to the balcony. Concierge personally visited twice a day. Once at breakfast and once in the evening taking a personal interest in your cruise. Concierge gave us a bottle of wine at dinner (without asking). Chef at Cagneys would cook what you wanted. The service was so personal.

Just remember that not all Havens have a restaurant. Not that it doesn't make the Haven a special experience, just be aware, since you were particularly pleased with the restaurant. We have only sailed on the Escape where there was a restaurant/bar and we loved that. However, the rooms were smaller in the -Away class ship than the jewel class ships. On the ships without the restaurant, you usually have breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty restaurants (like Moderno or Cagney), so you do have a private area. No bar, though....although plenty of bars around the ship that it wasn't an issue.

And I agree that the Sky Owner's suite is fabulous, with the hot tub on the balcony! Been on her twice and loved it both times! I'm going in Feb. in a porthole room, so I'm interested to see the difference in experience!

Have a Bliss Haven room booked for next year, so I'm excited to explore her, too!

After my first ever cruise....in the Bliss Haven, I am obsessed. We love the Haven so much. The restaurant was absolutely key. So, of other ships with a Haven restaurant, which do you think is overall the best from a ship and Haven standpoint.

The Bliss has the benefit of the horizons lounge. Ships with Haven Restaurants include Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Joy, and Escape.

The best Haven is on the Epic.

Cons: no retractable sunroof.

Pros: Very large lounge area, 100% of the courtyard is used for loungers (vs. BA and GA which use it as Restaurant overflow), very large outdoor restaurant area, Posh Club (equivalent to the Vibe on BA, GA, and Escape),private gym (not on other ships, overlooking courtyard), private steam room, private sauna.

Loved the Epic Haven with Posh. Posh is way better than the Haven sundeck on Getaway.

Don't laugh but the best suite experience I had was on the Sky and they don't have an actual Haven. I think because there are only a few suites they can provide top notch service. It was my first suite NCL experience and the bar was set too high for future cruises. The butler picked you up during boarding and personally demonstrated the Lavazza machine. Called me Sir until I begged him to call me David. Delivered white cloth table service to the balcony. Concierge personally visited twice a day. Once at breakfast and once in the evening taking a personal interest in your cruise. Concierge gave us a bottle of wine at dinner (without asking). Chef at Cagneys would cook what you wanted. The service was so personal.

THIS!! I love the Sky....and all the wonderful, personalized service!!

Most will tell you the EPIC haven is the best. It was the first ship that was designed with a haven, there are fewer suites so you get more personalized service.

I'm afraid that you're completely wrong about that. You're off by four ships and five years!

Long before Norwegian Epic came along, there was the Norwegian Jewel and three sister ships. Norwegian Jewel was the first NCL ship with The Haven. Norwegian Epic came along five years later.

I actually really liked The Haven on the Jewel Class because there were so few Haven passengers compared to the newer, larger ships with The Haven. We were sharing The Haven Courtyard and Sun Deck with a fairly small number of other Haven passengers.

The Jewel class ships do not have an actual Haven Restaurant... but at breakfast and lunch, one of the specialty dinner restaurants becomes an exclusive restaurant for Haven guests only. I really loved my breakfasts in that restaurant because there were so few other Haven guests there. I really felt like I had the complete attention of my servers, and they treated me like a king!

So, for me, even though there was no Haven dinner restaurant on the Jewel class ships, I have some of the best Haven dining memories of that ship because they treated me so well during the other meals.

Getaway is our favorite Haven ship but it’s because of the pool/upper deck areas. Just so much more room. The restaurant is smaller than on epic but we always go super early so it doesn’t effect us so much.

Lots of pics here so you can compare to Bliss if you like. https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Getaway is our favorite Haven ship but it’s because of the pool/upper deck areas. Just so much more room. The restaurant is smaller than on epic but we always go super early so it doesn’t effect us so much.

Lots of pics here so you can compare to Bliss if you like. https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

GA Haven same as BA except BA has a roof that closes.