What pier will Epic use in Cozumel?

missemo12345

So if I am correct they have no vendors or little area for shopping? When we have cruised on Royal they had a compound that we could shop at? Besides going into town?

There is definitely shopping!!!

Do an online search, you'll see what I mean... Punta Langosta.

Youtube:

We have only cruised to Cozumel on Royal we have the Epic booked will it use a different pier?

Thank you very much :)

Graphic image displays it best - LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/@20.4977026,-86.9524522,7500m/data=!3m1!1e3

In the top center of the image see one ship at the pier (Centro) that is where NCL docks.

At the bottom left of the image see two ships - that's the other cruise guys etc.

From what I understand Disney is a frequent pier mate at Centro makes for a crowded pier when that happens.

Tight quarters for shore excursions to get organized - heads up finding your tour.

You can ZOOM the image (map) in or out for more or less detail.

Edited by don't-use-real-name

So if I am correct they have no vendors or little area for shopping? When we have cruised on Royal they had a compound that we could shop at? Besides going into town?

Wrong. We have always ported at Punta Langosta when on the Epic. You even have to walk through the mall when you get off of the ship. It is in the heart of downtown Cozumel and shopping galore.

Across the street from the pier is a Walmart type store only on several floors--MEGA. You can see it from the ship.

Go to the left after coming through the Security Gate about two blocks and you will find a Flea Market type vendors.

Keep in mind that the above comments are generally correct, BUT depending on how many ships are in port on a given day you could be at the International pier, or you could tender into the International pier. The one place you will not be is where Carnival docks, as they own that complex.

Graphic image displays it best - LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/@20.4977026' date='-86.9524522,7500m/data=!3m1!1e3

In the top center of the image see one ship at the pier (Centro) that is where NCL docks.

At the bottom left of the image see two ships - that's the other cruise guys etc.

From what I understand Disney is a frequent pier mate at Centro makes for a crowded pier when that happens.

Tight quarters for shore excursions to get organized - heads up finding your tour.

You can ZOOM the image (map) in or out for more or less detail.[/quote']

The branded name for this cruiser pier is "Punta Langosta". Tours are typically organized at the end of the pier, on either side along the water, before you enter the building/escalator to go up.

If you enter the escalator, you go up and across the road (there is a security checkpoint here when returning). And you enter the shopping complex. There is a large gift shop, a number of luxury brand shops, several smaller shirt/gift shops, a starbucks, a pharmacy, a senor frog's, and a new mexican restaurant ("Taco y Tequila") that we really enjoyed (cheap, good, excellent drinks), and a pizza by the slice place. Walking distance to a lot of downtown Cozumel from here also. Great bars and restaurants within a few blocks.

Keep in mind that the above comments are generally correct, BUT depending on how many ships are in port on a given day you could be at the International pier, or you could tender into the International pier. The one place you will not be is where Carnival docks, as they own that complex.

I think I've done a total of 4 NCL cruises that stopped in Cozumel and never once have we tendered or docked anywhere else besides Punta Langosta. One trip, there were a total of 9 ships in port (3 at Punta Langosta) and 6 at the other complex.

Side note, there is a great restaurant with free wifi just a short walk from Punta Langosta as well, Palmeras. Quick, delicious food and good service.

What I do is go the piers website. They will have a schedule of what ship is scheduled to dock on which day. Just like Port Canaveral tells you which ships are scheduled on which dates, so is the case for all piers....subject to changes for whatever reason, but usually quite accurate. 😃

What I do is go the piers website. They will have a schedule of what ship is scheduled to dock on which day. Just like Port Canaveral tells you which ships are scheduled on which dates, so is the case for all piers....subject to changes for whatever reason, but usually quite accurate. 😃

There are a couple of good web sites that collect all that info and publish... not going to list but do a search and they are easy to find. Be aware, though, that last year when so many cruises were upended by the hurricanes, that these sites did not update for the many cruises affected the second half of the year.

When possible, find the local port authority and check their schedule. Unfortunately Mexico does not have a web site for this. But Grand Cayman does, the Bahamas does, and quite a few more. These sites will usually list the arrival time and one hour prior to your itinerary published time - that's the time for docking/anchoring and immigration clearance. Departure time is usually the same as the itinerary time.

I think I've done a total of 4 NCL cruises that stopped in Cozumel and never once have we tendered or docked anywhere else besides Punta Langosta. One trip, there were a total of 9 ships in port (3 at Punta Langosta) and 6 at the other complex.

While an interesting observation, it is just that. We have been to Cozumel where NCL had ships tendering.

We have also always used Punta Longosta when docked on an NCL ship.