Gratuities on harmony

5 more days!! Cant wait. What is the daily service charge per stateroom??

$14.50 per PERSON (not stateroom) per day. Add $3 per person per day if in a Grand Suite or better.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, I phoned this afternoon and pre paid, lucky I did as we got the lower rate since our cruise was booked in 2016. I was told if we waited to pay on board we would have been charged the new rate.

Though the ship puts this on your bill automatically it is not a rate and is still discretionary. You can pay as much or as little as you would like. You can even remove this charge, though I would never do this. If you prepay it, you cannot change it.

Though the ship puts this on your bill automatically it is not a rate and is still discretionary. You can pay as much or as little as you would like. You can even remove this charge, though I would never do this. If you prepay it, you cannot change it.

Thanks, however I am happy to pay the gratuities, we also purchased the deluxe drink package so now the tipping money we have to bring with us will be a lot lower. I don't mind tipping for good service, what I did mind on one of our cruises was when we were leaving the port, I was in a wheelchair and when the lady had dropped us off outside the terminal she had her hand straight out in my face ( I would have been tipping without her putting her hand out) anyway I only had $5 US left on me, she said is that all I get. I was flabbergasted!

That covers everyone but bartenders and room service. Bar tabs or packages add the tips to the price. Room service...cash on delivery!

CB, what does tha mean cash on delivery for room service, are we giving them the $7+ charge that is listed or do you mean just as a courtesy tip in addition to the $7+ charge? Also can I ask what is considered a tip for the staff that are taking your bags at the port please. I am not from a Country that tipping is a normal practice so if there is somewhere that would give suitable amounts for a particular service that would be great to know.

I have read that if you are paying the room service fee that they are now adding 18% gratuity on top of that.

If you are staying in a GS or above, where room service is complementary (no Room service fee), then you should tip a few dollars in cash, depending on the size of the order.

CB, what does tha mean cash on delivery for room service, are we giving them the $7+ charge that is listed or do you mean just as a courtesy tip in addition to the $7+ charge? Also can I ask what is considered a tip for the staff that are taking your bags at the port please. I am not from a Country that tipping is a normal practice so if there is somewhere that would give suitable amounts for a particular service that would be great to know.

Unfortunately, CB does not always give accurate information, plus never responds back to posts and questions.

At one time, when room service was totally free and no service charge added, it was customary to tip a couple of dollars to the delivery person. If you are staying in a suite, with no charge room service, I would say $2-5 is appropriate, depending on the size of the order. In a regular cabin the service charge is included in the fee.

It's kind of like drinks, gratuity is already added on, but some people still like to give a little extra, especially for exceptional service.

Extra tips always appreciated, but not necessary.

Baggage handlers at the ports are often higher paid union workers. Technically no tip is required, however, in my experience most people do tip them. Some can be pushy, almost demanding a tip, but that's up to you to decipher. I would say $2 per suitcase is a pretty average tip.