What type of cabin should I book?

My granddaughter will be graduating from college next year and my husband and I would love to take her on a cruise as a graduation gift.

I am wondering what type cabin we should book. There will be three of us, my husband, granddaughter and myself. Any suggestions? I usually book a balcony cabin when there are only two of us.

Thanks,

Mary

Tough to say without knowing you all. Aft balcony would be nice but, maybe a little (ahem) too quiet for a 20 something. Nice if you guys want to sit and chat though. Usually fit 4 but one is a pull down bed.

Maybe something midship for a nice balance between 20 something fun vs grandparent style. Easy to get everywhere and back after.

I was just looking at Haven rooms which would be luxury.

Again, we don't know the personalities involved, so...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

My granddaughter will be graduating from college next year and my husband and I would love to take her on a cruise as a graduation gift.

I am wondering what type cabin we should book. There will be three of us, my husband, granddaughter and myself. Any suggestions? I usually book a balcony cabin when there are only two of us.

Thanks,

Mary

My inlaws took my dd on a European cruise when she graduated from college. Like you, when thry cruise they book balcony cabins. When they took my dd, my mil and my dd shared a balcony cabin amd my fil was across the hall in an inside. It seemed to soek well for all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might want to consider a junior suite. It has more space and usually a nice room divider curtain if your grand daughter is on the pull out sofa. Gives everyone a little privacy if booking multiple cabins is not an option.

Thanks,

Mary

Celebrate right, go for a Grand Suite or better!

I would go with two cabins. Either two balconies or GD and me in a balcony and hubby in inside across the hall. But she might prefer the interior solo. For just a little more, you could allow her to invite a GF. Price out the options and talk with her. Have a great time.

This is a question of what you can afford, not what cabin you should book.

What is the purpose of the trip to reward your grand daughter or to give her an experience with you that will make her a better adult.

If you just want to reward her book her an all-inclusive to Cozumel or something and let her go wild. If you want to have an experience with her grand parents take her somewhere educational. Therefore, a cruise from the USA is out of the question, except for maybe an Alaskan cruise. Take her to Europe and visit Italy, Greece, Rome, UK, Russia, or something. Consider a river cruise thru the middle of Europe.

Again, what can you afford. What do you want to accomplish?

Where is more important than the kind of cabin.... IE the experience is not significantly better in a suite than an inside. More comfortable, but not better.

JC

If you book 2 cabins with three people, one person will be charged the single supplement which will add to the cost. The best thing to do would be to try mock bookings with different configurations. You may find out that you would be better off in one room in a higher category than in two separate rooms. I agree with the other poster who said to book what you can afford.