Is lunch in the MDR no longer available???

I am going on my first Celebrity cruise in October on a TA with 9 days at sea. I saw a reference in another post about lines at the Oceanview buffet for lunch. I looked at my Celebrity App and saw there was no lunch menu shown.

Are there no longer sit down lunches available in the MDR on Celebrity or other lines? On all of my previous ocean cruises, (the last one on Princess 3 years ago) lunch was always available in the MDR with open seating as an option to the buffet. Is this no longer the case? If so, It's disappointing especially on a cruise with so many sea days.

I am going on my first Celebrity cruise in October on a TA with 9 days at sea. I saw a reference in another post about lines at the Oceanview buffet for lunch. I looked at my Celebrity App and saw there was no lunch menu shown.

I'm not at all sure the App is accurate. You may find it is amended a little nearer to your cruise.

Lunch was served in the MDR on sea days on our cruise in June. We have a cruise this month and the app shows the MDR open for lunch on our sea days.

I think the app may not be correct for your cruise. That was the case for us on the Connie, pre cruise some missing info but once on board tge app worked fine and was accurate.

Lunch was served in the MDR on sea days on our cruise in June. We have a cruise this month and the app shows the MDR open for lunch on our sea days.

I think the app may not be correct for your cruise. That was the case for us on the Connie, pre cruise some missing info but once on board tge app worked fine and was accurate.

I'm hoping the app will be updated for our cruise. It's a 9 nighter and at present we only have menus for 7!

So, I did check the ship for this weeks sailings and apparently they only show the lunch menu's available in the MDR on Sea Days. That is fine.

So, I did check the ship for this weeks sailings and apparently they only show the lunch menu's available in the MDR on Sea Days. That is fine.

Glad that meets your needs. We like lunch in the MDR sometimes too, but it is starting to get more limited on choices. They just don’t have enough of us aboard on port days to keep the MDR open, and that’s a big day for the crew/staff to do training exercises and some time off a bit, so they are short handed.

Den

In June on Reflection, the app was pretty bad for menus. 3 of us had completely different menus on our apps for the same restaurant and day. All using Samsung phones and all running the same version of the app. No one could explain it and it happened several days. Usually one of us had the correct menu, but we never knew which one until we got to the restaurant.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

On Millennium now, and we are disappointed that the MDR is not open for lunch except on sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would imagine it would be difficult to judge the number of people who might attend on shore days, catering would be a nightmare for Celebrity.

I would imagine it would be difficult to judge the number of people who might attend on shore days, catering would be a nightmare for Celebrity.

Exactly! I don’t really understand why some are disappointed that the MDR isn’t open on port days. There are many other places open to est around the ship for those who either don’t go on tours and have the ship to themselves or choose to come back for lunch/leave after it.

Phil

I'm hoping the app will be updated for our cruise. It's a 9 nighter and at present we only have menus for 7!

Just curious, why would you want to know what you are going to eat for lunch two months from now. Their are so many alternatives on the ship, I can’t imagine you won’t find something to your liking.

Just curious, why would you want to know what you are going to eat for lunch two months from now. Their are so many alternatives on the ship, I can’t imagine you won’t find something to your liking.

It's actually only 3 weeks away and I was debating whether or not to make restaurant reservations ashore, depending on 'chic' night menus.

I'm sure we'll find something we will like to eat, in fact we don't want to miss certain dishes if we help it !

I don’t remember the MDR being open for lunch on port days ever, certainly not in the last few years. There usually aren’t many passengers on board on port days, and the pool grill, buffet and Aqua Spa Cafe were more than enough to cater for everyone. I think Sushi on Five is open on port days, so that’s another choice.