Carribean Princess

We love E731. Last mini on the Starboard side. Extra long balcony and quite. It's not in Club Class, those are on Dolphin. We gave up this cabin on our upcoming cruise only because we took an up sell offer.

I’m on the Caribbean Princess right now. Overall I wouldn’t choose to cruise this ship again unless the irenerary couldn’t be found elsewhere. Or if you cruise exclusively with Princess. 1- The ship is very dated. 2- This has been the rockiest cruise I have ever taken and only one night has wind been to blame. This is my first Princess cruise but 5th cruise and I can only assume this ship isn’t equipped with the latest stability equipment. It isn’t a small ship so I don’t see why it’s been so rough. I’ve never gotten sea sick, not on cruises or countless pleasure craft rides both at sea and on lakes, but last night I almost lost it. 3- This might not be an issue for you, but it’s definitely lacking in family fun, family entertainment, and honestly entertainment for folks under 50 in general honestly. Not entirely boring, but we won’t be cruising Princess with the kids again I’ll just say that.

Sorry this kinda turned into a mini review lol.

I’m on the Caribbean Princess right now. Overall I wouldn’t choose to cruise this ship again unless the irenerary couldn’t be found elsewhere. Or if you cruise exclusively with Princess. 1- The ship is very dated. 2- This has been the rockiest cruise I have ever taken and only one night has wind been to blame. This is my first Princess cruise but 5th cruise and I can only assume this ship isn’t equipped with the latest stability equipment. It isn’t a small ship so I don’t see why it’s been so rough. I’ve never gotten sea sick, not on cruises or countless pleasure craft rides both at sea and on lakes, but last night I almost lost it. 3- This might not be an issue for you, but it’s definitely lacking in family fun, family entertainment, and honestly entertainment for folks under 50 in general honestly. Not entirely boring, but we won’t be cruising Princess with the kids again I’ll just say that.

The sea can still have large rolling swells even if it isn't windy. These swells can cause a ship to pitch and roll at a "rhythm" that I think is more conducive to sea sickness than being on a choppy sea on a windy day. I was on Crown Princess back in 2013 and at age 42 I was among the youngest people on the ship. Princess definitely caters to an older demographic.

We liked them, also two TVs , most of them have large balcony but no shade on balcony .

Just depends on the angle and the direction of the sun. Sometimes they are in full shade and mostly in shade on one side or the other because of the barriers between balconies.

Often, folks expecting them to always have full sun all day are not happy.

Dated - The ship entered service in 2004, as the first in the series of Super Grands. She also drydocked last year, so if maintained properly, she really shouldn't be dated. However, on our last cruise on Sea Princess we noted she was significantly run down.

Stability Equipment - Ships are fitted with stabalisers to reduce rolling (side to side motion) but have no effect on pitching (front to back motion). There is no such thing as stability equipment, the stability is factored into the design and is controlled by managing weight distribution. Weight low is good, weight up high is bad keeps the explanation simple. Determining wind speed can be challenging on a ship, as it depends on ship's speed/course, wind speed/direction, fetch, height above the waves etc. You can also have long, low swells that are difficult to identify without any wind.

Motion Sickness - is highly dependent on where you are located on the ship. Higher up and further fwd or aft extenuates the motion. When we sailed with Princess we were on Grand Class & Super Grands many time and never noted issues with motion. Even crossed the Atlantic in Emerald, which is also a Super Grand.

Depth of Water - the location you were cruising also impacts ship's movement as shallower water increases the wave height and shortens the wave length or frequency.

We liked them, also two TVs , most of them have large balcony but no shade on balcony .

I don't really want to share this because the fully covered balconies - which are the only ones we will take - are very limited. :p But if shade is important check out the ME category of mini-suites on the Emerald deck of the Caribbean Princess and her sisters. They are located only one deck at the aft of the ship (very quiet and just one flight up from the promenade deck but a long walk to the theater!) and are cheaper than the other categories of mini-suites.