Upsell offer?

asingl

Hello!

Noticed that people are receiving upsell offers for my room type on a Princess cruise I'll be going on in a little over a month. Did I miss the email or accidentally delete it? Do they give out upsell offers in waves? I noticed that there are still quite a few balcony rooms available on the ship. Is there anything I can do or anybody I can contact to see if I can upgrade my room?

Thanks!

Did you use a TA? If so, the TA would get the e-mail and have to send it to you and/or call you. My TA did both when we got an offer.

Did you miss it? maybe. More likely, you didn't get the offer. Yes, they send them out in batches. For instance, if they have 10 rooms available for upsell, they might send 15 or 20 e-mails. The first people to respond get the offer. They might work with inventory control and send some more offers in a day or two, or they might have gotten what they need.

Our upcoming cruise went thru days of showing "sold out," then showing 3 kinds of cabins available. It flipped back and forth several times before it settled down!

If you booked with the big box store (whose name can't be mentioned here) or any of the "high volume" online TAs, your chance of being notified of an upsell are from zero to very slim.

Some TAs sit on the notice and don't bother forwarding.

While I'm sure this is true, I'm happy to report that in my one experience with the big box store, we received free upgrades from interior cabins to ocean view obstructed. We also received a $60.00 per person cabin credit, and the coupon book with the BOGO offer for the specialty restaurants on embarkation day. I was overall very satisfied with the service.

While I'm sure this is true, I'm happy to report that in my one experience with the big box store, we received free upgrades from interior cabins to ocean view obstructed. We also received a $60.00 per person cabin credit, and the coupon book with the BOGO offer for the specialty restaurants on embarkation day. I was overall very satisfied with the service.

I'm happy for you, but the free upgrade doesn't have to go thru your TA. That is a "gift" from Princess which you typically see only when looking at your personalizer. We've also received "surprise" OBC and specialty dinners that were listed as being from the TA, but the TA said she had nothing to do with them. In the case of the dinner, I knew from the fine print that it was part of the package from Princess. When tracked, the OBC was from Princess as a benefit to the umbrella group that the TA belongs to.

My point is that Princess sometimes makes offers thru TAs that appear to come from the agency when in reality they came from Princess because you used a particular agency or any agency.

I've noticed some folks on our roll call have posted about receiving upsell offers from our type of cabin. They haven't said if they have the exact same category of cabin, so it's possible that Princess is starting at the top category of insides and working their way down. Or something else. The price they reported for the upsell is more than I want to pay, so it doesn't really matter right now to me.