Upgrade bid on fully booked cruise...

tommya

The chances of an upgrade bid acceptance on a fully booked cruise must be very remote, correct? We are booked on the Pearl for Alaska on Aug 19, and I bid on a balcony and a mini-suite. I just noticed that the cruise is fully booked, so doesn't that make my acceptance chances impossible?

The chances of an upgrade bid acceptance on a fully booked cruise must be very remote, correct? We are booked on the Pearl for Alaska on Aug 19, and I bid on a balcony and a mini-suite. I just noticed that the cruise is fully booked, so doesn't that make my acceptance chances impossible?

Not impossible. People cancel. Does not cost anything to bid.

Not impossible. If you are 80 days out, lots of possibilities. TA with blocks of rooms. Cancellations (we have cancelled week of cruise twice).

There is no way for you to tell if every berth in every cabin is booked. Even if the ship is "sold out" there are likely empty cabins that you can move to, because sold out only means that all emergency spaces have been used.

Not necessarily !

Your are in a cabin and offered an upgrade to a better cabin.

You bid on the better cabin.

The occupant of that better cabin maybe also offered an upgrade opportunity.

He bids on a still better cabin perhaps a mini-suite suite haven etc.

The occupants of those cabins may also be entertaining a bid for the top dog cabin booked or not.

As the bids are processed a reverse domino effect takes place everyone with the winning high bid

moves up to a better cabin.

The process maybe interrupted with no winning bids and everyone staying with what they have or with

a cabin cancellation in the middle of this and only the bottom half of the bidding process upgrading.

And then if NCL is not satisfied with the bidding - nothing happens.

And consider the muster station life boat capacity cabin occupancy fitting in the bid awarding.

Bid offers start at 80 days before sailing for eligible bidders and as NCL reports the bids awards are

cut off at 2 days before sailing or earlier.

Good Luck with your bid - may the award be with you !

We have had to cancel two times within a week....and once within two DAYS! So I always figured that SOME lucky person got a very nice surprise and got their upgrade bid accepted as we sail in the Haven - either two bedroom suite, OS or DOS's only.