Current Murano menu on Silouette

fizzy1

We've eaten at Murano's a lot on Silhouette, 5 times in February. The on line menu is accurate.

Here's a link:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/murano

Thanks for the link . Unfortunately i don’t seem to br able to find the actual menu just information on the restaurant . An i missing it somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the link . Unfortunately i don’t seem to br able to find the actual menu just information on the restaurant . An i missing it somewhere?

It is there, just scroll down.

The link quoted unfortunately defaults to the U.K. version ( .co.uk ) and the menu is not shown.

Just google “Celebrity Murano menu” it will pull up many sites showing the menu. The menu hasn’t changed in the last 3 years so which ever you view will be correct.

The link quoted unfortunately defaults to the U.K. version ( .co.uk ) and the menu is not shown.

Just google “Celebrity Murano menu” it will pull up many sites showing the menu. The menu hasn’t changed in the last 3 years so which ever you view will be correct.

Thanks xx i did wonder if the UK site was different xx

https://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#murano

You can likely find other menus via google images as well

FWIW we love Murano and have eaten there as many as 4 times in one week. Always have an exceptional meal and service

We will miss it if the Edge offerings are what is coming to the "revolutionized" S class and M class

Have you eaten it? On you many Celebrity sailings--did you enjoy Murano?

I have not consumed Dover Sole on Celebrity, but have at some high end land venues. Murano has been my favorite of the Celebrity specialty restaurants (was sad to see the sister venues on the M-Class ships replaced), but I have always opted for a meat entree as I have felt Celebrity generally does a better job with meat versus seafood.

Celebrity has a history of engaging in false advertising with luxury food items (i.e. calling U.S. domestic beef "Kobe beef", calling masago "Ossetra Caviar" etc.) and was curious if they are serving the real deal with the Dover Sole (a very expensive fish) as it is unfortunately not all that uncommon for venues to list a menu item as Dover Sole but actually be serving flounder (still can be very good, but not as good- and certainly not as rare - as genuine Dover Sole).

We have had nearly every main course in Murano. Never been disappointed. We tend to favor the meats such as lamb and the chateaubriand. I will order the warm water lobster tail for the table side preparation.

The staff at Murano on the Silhouette are outstanding!

• 2 weeks later...

It appears all the main dish courses are meat. Would they allow someone to choose an additional vegetarian starter instead of a main course?

(We're making plans as a group and I don't want to just not go, but it seems odd not to have at least one vegetarian offering. I'm positive there are French vegetarians.)

It appears all the main dish courses are meat. Would they allow someone to choose an additional vegetarian starter instead of a main course?

(We're making plans as a group and I don't want to just not go, but it seems odd not to have at least one vegetarian offering. I'm positive there are French vegetarians.)

there is lobster, fish (salmon/sea bass/dover sole), mushroom risotto (which you can likely get as an entree)... plenty of options that aren't meat

The couple on the next table appeared to do this, but when my husband asked on our next visit to Muranos they said "we can do you a fillet mignon", which my husband was happy with. So now not sure if the man did have the chateubriand on his own or a large fillet steak as we did not push the point. It is always worth asking.

Does Celebrity serve true Dover Sole at Murano or is it really flounder?

Its a flounder. Dover sole is a very specialized and unique fish with very limited availability. You simply can't source them in the volume - and consistent portion size - that a cruise line requires. Flounder is sweet fleshed and tolerably well prepared. It is more tolerant of accidental overcooking than a "real" dover sole - which is probably just as well.

Will they serve chateubriand (sp) for just one? I would like to try the lamb but my husband would much prefer beef.

Its really hard to do a proper Chateaubriand for one. You need a decent hunk of meat otherwise the inside overcooks before the pastry is done. Filet Mignon - or cote if offered - is a suitable alternative.

Will they serve chateubriand (sp) for just one? I would like to try the lamb but my husband would much prefer beef.

Yes

However it may be server dependent.

They just brought DH the Chateaubriand for two...while I ordered something else.

Murano is our hands down fav. Can eat there every night