Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

You are up very early today, Mysty.  

All the cats I have been associated with have been fussy feeders; the first would only eat homecooked fish, very annoying.  My son's lovely dark grey girl will only eat the dried cat food, even though they have tried her with various tempting alternatives.  A real gem, and she does not chase birds.

Lola

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lincslady said:

You are up very early today, Mysty.  

All the cats I have been associated with have been fussy feeders; the first would only eat homecooked fish, very annoying.  My son's lovely dark grey girl will only eat the dried cat food, even though they have tried her with various tempting alternatives.  A real gem, and she does not chase birds.

Lola

You're right Lola!  Up at the crack of doom this morning for no damn reason.   I'll probably start to flag before lunch!  😒

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

No Lola and Mysty  -  you are just on AUSTRALIAN time  !!  🤣 🤣   mini map of australia from commons.wikimedia.org

If I'm going to be on Australian time I'd rather be in Australia!  Preferably in Adelaide! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mysty said:

If I'm going to be on Australian time I'd rather be in Australia!  Preferably in Adelaide! 😁

Hey  - its damn  cold in Adelaide ATM,   better be in Queensland  .....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mysty said:

Adelaide would love to have you here - it is freezing (8c), but to a Canadian it’s  a lovely spring day!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Joc123 said:

Adelaide would love to have you here - it is freezing (8c), but to a Canadian it’s  a lovely spring day!

With our summer highs here regularly over 30C, that seems very nice at this time!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Joc123 said:

I would love it there!  Winter for us is -20 C to -30 C.  8 C would be a walk in the park.  I wouldn't have to walk around like the Michelin Man! 😁

377238100_artworks-r0lcT0cZ6D1YPlCr-KvnjvA-t500x500(1).jpg.e92f7b9b71e4c195197dc84596208ada.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Last night, a fairly quick pasta dish. 

Cauliflower cut into florets and roasted in the air fryer for 20 minutes with olive oli, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Added sliced shallots halfway through. 

Browned a little butter while the cauliflower roasted. The recipe called for Spätzle instead of Italian pasta for more bite. Luckily I had some in the pantry.

All tossed together in a pan with a little lemon zest and juice to brighten it up.

20220727_183621.thumb.jpg.6a31700c30acc8b8c919a4290dd4f259.jpg

Fresh dill to garnish and a Sylvaner from Northern Italy to accompany. Very tasty! 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mysty said:

Love the socks DW! 🥰

You know me M. They’re only Ted Baker but our Berty likes them. Sorry I’ve not spent much time in the cooler lately but I’m currently quite busy picking up the slack. We are currently running on 40% staff so guess who takes up the slack? Had my first night out this year last night. Went to see Chicago but it was very provincial. Sinita was wonderful but certainly  lacked credentials when it came to the tit for tat  jokes. Currently also  60% through the whole draping my whole cottage in Versace project but will keep you up to date. On that. Pics will follow!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Last night, a fairly quick pasta dish. 

Cauliflower cut into florets and roasted in the air fryer for 20 minutes with olive oli, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Added sliced shallots halfway through. 

Browned a little butter while the cauliflower roasted. The recipe called for Spätzle instead of Italian pasta for more bite. Luckily I had some in the pantry.

All tossed together in a pan with a little lemon zest and juice to brighten it up.

20220727_183621.thumb.jpg.6a31700c30acc8b8c919a4290dd4f259.jpg

Fresh dill to garnish and a Sylvaner from Northern Italy to accompany. Very tasty! 

Looks delish JP 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

I prefer "hello, what are you wearing?"  Both sexes, hang up at that,

My Mum has taken that call before now and her response was very big knickers in washing line grey. The line went dead. One of my dearest friends was the night telephonist  at the Savoy. She had the voice of an Angel but unfortunately the face of a disgruntled Camel that had been seriously inconvenienced during a rather complicated algebraic calculation. She was utterly superb  at playing them. They didn’t ring twice. 

Edited by Daveywavey70
  • Haha 4