Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

I'm so proud of my Myster!  Our apartment patio borders on a busy sidewalk which is part of the Trans Canada Trail and a busy East-West street with almost constant traffic.  We approached the Apartment Complex owner for 3 years running asking for more privacy with no solution.  Myster (an electrical engineer by trade), researched and built privacy screens for the patio!  

image1.jpeg.11a2e0e0abdc7c1b6836a73cfc8ec47b.jpeg

image0.jpeg.872ed5e8410d8a2b3ee76830333d5283.jpeg

Now we won't be on stage when we entertain.  I love this guy! 

• Like 12

50 minutes ago, mysty said:

I'm so proud of my Myster!  Our apartment patio borders on a busy sidewalk which is part of the Trans Canada Trail and a busy East-West street with almost constant traffic.  We approached the Apartment Complex owner for 3 years running asking for more privacy with no solution.  Myster (an electrical engineer by trade), researched and built privacy screens for the patio!  

image1.jpeg.11a2e0e0abdc7c1b6836a73cfc8ec47b.jpeg

image0.jpeg.872ed5e8410d8a2b3ee76830333d5283.jpeg

Now we won't be on stage when we entertain.  I love this guy! 

Great job Myster. That looks a fab space. 

Edited by Daveywavey70
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mysty said:

He was a man on a mission! 😁

And he got it done! which is what we engineers do.  Chemical engineer here for 35 yrs prior to "retirement job" teaching.  Darn good Myster for a EE (he'll understand tongue in cheek - I'd love to swap stories with him about the interactions between MEs, EEs and ChemEs over our years)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

And he got it done! which is what we engineers do.  Chemical engineer here for 35 yrs prior to "retirement job" teaching.  Darn good Myster for a EE (he'll understand tongue in cheek - I'd love to swap stories with him about the interactions between MEs, EEs and ChemEs over our years)

Thank you Que!  The original design had to be reworked a few times due the high winds here.   Myster did not give up!  We just had a vicious thunderstorm move through and his efforts are still standing! 😁  Engineers of whatever stripe are a breed apart! 🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I'd love to swap stories with him about the interactions between MEs, EEs and ChemEs over our years

There is an old story about the Naval Engineer who, on discovering that his cocktail party acquaintance was a Civil Engineer said "Oh, you build targets!"

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Normal for an innovative or challenging design.  Congratulations are appropriate after a difficult test!

Thank you Que! Your message has been passed on to Myster.  We're currently operating with lanterns and flashlights as power has been off since 7:45 pm EST.  Country living is not for the faint at heart! 😁

Edited by mysty
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

I am a chemical engineer as well. But I work with accounting and finance. What do you teach?

• Like 1

Mysty - I have not commented on your lovely screens.  I wonder if you are thinking of  (totally not needed)  growing some dainty little climbers up them - not enough to hide them of course?

My wonderful son is a production engineer ( virtually the same as mechanical I think) and is a dab hand at solving most problems, not just engineering ones.  I think it  comes with the territory.  He spent his recent working life on design and manufacture of parts for Formula One cars, pretty high spec stuff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

Mysty - I have not commented on your lovely screens.  I wonder if you are thinking of  (totally not needed)  growing some dainty little climbers up them - not enough to hide them of course?

My wonderful son is a production engineer ( virtually the same as mechanical I think) and is a dab hand at solving most problems, not just engineering ones.  I think it  comes with the territory.  He spent his recent working life on design and manufacture of parts for Formula One cars, pretty high spec stuff.

Lola,  that is a lovely idea.  The wrinkle is that the screens must come apart and be movable.   The reason for the current design is the need to follow the guidelines of the apartment complex owner.   Even the current design was not approved.   We're just hoping that it will be tolerated.  😁

3 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

You know you're getting older when you start receiving promotional offers for burial insurance 🧐

Have never seen a funeral that cost $100,000 - hmmm, would that cover a Silversea world cruise with burial at sea? 😆

IMG_1486.jpg

Dolce, you're visiting the wrong websites!  You need to trick AI.  Visit TikTok or something similar.  Or maybe start listening to K- pop. 😁

Edited by mysty
  • Haha 6