Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

49 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Well I never thought I would need to say this. Silversea need to consult with british Airways on how to present a cheese plate. Business class on SYD - SIN yesterday.

DSC09067.JPG.9ddac50013422c94187847b7fc8fc742.JPG

Simple with 3 very nice cheeses.

"Simple with 3 very nice cheeses" and a drop of port👌

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lirio said:

I was brownsing Siversea website and just noted that Silver Nova will be in Rio de Janeiro for few days next February. I will pass by the port area to see her and take some pictures, I wish I could board it!!! 

You could ask!  Taking photos and touring the ship would be awesome free promo for Silversea! 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lirio said:

I was brownsing Siversea website and just noted that Silver Nova will be in Rio de Janeiro for few days next February. I will pass by the port area to see her and take some pictures, I wish I could board it!!! 

I believe that they have restored the ability for Venetian Society members to arrange to visit a ship for the day and have lunch onboard (for a fee). Definitely a great opportunity if you get the chance to do so.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lirio said:

A question to the Australian Coolers: what about great barrier of reef in May? Where to stay? any recommendation?

Here is Cairns weather.

Screenshot2023-12-15at18-24-00NorthQueenslandWeatherClimate.thumb.png.b85876ed51204958269fb07055851a7b.png

June until October is peak season but May is reasonable. Cyclone season has ended and the weather not too bad.

Major benefit in May is that accommodation Should be cheaper and easier to book.

Further South the weather will be slightly milder but the outer reef will be further off the coast.

I quite enjoy Townsville. Worked there for 6 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Thanks, Mysty.  I know someone will take over from you - naturally they won't be as good, but we will try to survive.

Lola

It'll be great Lola!  😁  Cooler denizens have a wonderful sense of humour and they are kind and caring folks!