Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning coolers.....Davey, not sure if you are interested but when I was on Eclipse last week, I posted a "Live From"......now that I have been home for a week, not sure if I will sail with Celebrity again or not.......it was definitely a different experience from sailing with SS..Not sure if you are interested in reading that thread or not. 

My next trip is a week out west.......I am actually doing a land trip to a resort in Jackson Hole, Wyoming with 6 other gals. I booked my own room so that should be good. Leaving on June 27th.

It definitely should be different that is for sure. I will probably be ready for a cruise after it LOL....

And then there is my next cruise. I am booked on the Moon for the Caribbean in December but I don't think I want to do the Caribbean again so looking at 2 other options.....seeing about a 2 week cruise to New Zealand/Australia......I have been saying I want  to go there for years and years. Waiting to see if SS will lower the single supplement. If that doesn't work, possibly a TA crossing in November for 14 nights. Still trying to figure things out.

Hi Lois, I had been following along but things got a bit crazy here as my partner opened his second store last week. I’m not sure I’d enjoy a more traditional x ship either. I Think most of the appeal to me was in the ship being less traditional. It was quite a vibrant feel to it. My next adventure is on Az whilst I still can’t find a single SS cruise that appeals and is less than 100% supplement.  Hopefully your cough has cleared up now. DWxxx

• Like 1

Lirio, we would welcome whatever you choose to share with us.  From the 3+ weeks I worked in your hospitable nation, I know how diverse Brasil is.  I was in Santa Cruz do Sul & Porto Allegro; friendly helpful people there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Lirio, we would welcome whatever you choose to share with us.  From the 3+ weeks I worked in your hospitable nation, I know how diverse Brasil is.  I was in Santa Cruz do Sul & Porto Allegro; friendly helpful people there.

Brazil is always a particular place I’d love to have visited for a long trip and really regret not having done so.  Even the name zings and sounds buzzy and vibrant.  It is the origins of some of my favourite music that  confounds and reaches bits that other music simply doesn’t.  I’’ll never be able to penetrate how it works.  It’s unique music. And I love grilled slabs of meat. 

I’m unlikely to ever go there now, ‘cos I have left it too late so vicariousity is all that’s left.  I must have the record of Youtube Brazil viewings.  😀

Have a great night all coolers.  🙂

Jeff

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

I’m unlikely to ever go there now, ‘cos I have left it too late so vicariousity is all that’s left.  I must have the record of Youtube Brazil viewings.  😀

Have a great night all coolers.  🙂

Jeff

That makes me sad to read Jeff. I Must admit that shortening the bucket list whilst I’m still young enough (49 & 12/4) to endure 35 hour flights is my current plan. European River Cruises and a week at Reid’s can wait until I’m in my 90s. I Hope all of my fellow cruisers get to tick every box on that list! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi DW, thanks for the post over on the other board. Just to let you know, your opinion is not misplaced. It is after all how you feel and that is how it should be. We all have our own likes and dislikes.

1 minute ago, DavyWavey70 said:

That makes me sad to read Jeff. I Must admit that shortening the bucket list whilst I’m still young enough (49 & 12/4) to endure 35 hour flights is my current plan. European River Cruises and a week at Reid’s can wait until I’m in my 90s. I Hope all of my fellow cruisers get to tick every box on that list! 

Thanks for your much appreciated sympathy!  It validates my own for myself! 

Some time ago my knees arranged a special understanding with my body without my consent and behind my back - to give up allowing me to walk at high speed  … or lately even a sluggish speed and so I have perfected the art of sitting down and trying to see stuff from a distance.

It is hard to  believe that at 13 I was able to do 100 yards at 9.4 seconds and they thought I might do the Olympics and could have special training.  But then I discovered Soho, girls and bad living. It is obviously not my fault I slowed down   Now it is roughly 9.4 in hours as long as there are several pubs on the way.

Anyway, anyone breathing, posting and drinking voddy is way ahead of the game!

Good luck with the partner openings.  I am intrigued but all I request is a discount. 😄

Jeff

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Thanks for your much appreciated sympathy!  It validates my own for myself! 

Some time ago my knees arranged a special understanding with my body without my consent and behind my back - to give up allowing me to walk at high speed  … or lately even a sluggish speed and so I have perfected the art of sitting down and trying to see stuff from a distance.

It is hard to  believe that at 13 I was able to do 100 yards at 9.4 seconds and they thought I might do the Olympics and could have special training.  But then I discovered Soho, girls and bad living. It is obviously not my fault I slowed down   Now it is roughly 9.4 in hours as long as there are several pubs on the way.

Anyway, anyone breathing, posting and drinking voddy is way ahead of the game!

Good luck with the partner openings.  I am intrigued but all I request is a discount. 😄

Jeff

Just remember Jeff, Those with a will to travel will find a way! 

IMG_0173.jpeg

• Like 2

Just remember Jeff, Those with a will to travel will find a way! 

IMG_0173.jpeg

Did I mention my sight problems?

She looks like she’s 15 to me!!! Why is she  smoking a fag on a bike?  16+ surely.

Jeff

14 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Good luck with the partner openings.  I am intrigued but all I request is a discount. 

I’m so very proud of him. He was made redundant by Thomas Cook in May 2019 and went out on his own. Thomas Cook actually put a plan together to put him out of business by running a loss making branch around the corner from him. They went into liquidation on his birthday that September. He employs 7 of his past employees and they have over 130 years of experience between them. I Hope I’m not breaking any rules posting this photo of his beautiful new shop in what was recently voted the best seaside town in Wales but I’ve checked and you can’t even see the business name on the certificates. I’m so proud of him, his fantastic team and all that they’ve achieved. 

IMG_0174.jpeg

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Did I mention my sight problems?

She looks like she’s 15 to me!!! Why is she  smoking a fag on a bike?  16+ surely.

Jeff

What happens in Benidorm…….

• Like 1

I’m so very proud of him. He was made redundant by Thomas Cook in May 2019 and went out on his own. Thomas Cook actually put a plan together to put him out of business by running a loss making branch around the corner from him. They went into liquidation on his birthday that September. He employs 7 of his past employees and they have over 130 years of experience between them. I Hope I’m not breaking any rules posting this photo of his beautiful new shop in what was recently voted the best seaside town in Wales but I’ve checked and you can’t even see the business name on the certificates. I’m so proud of him, his fantastic team and all that they’ve achieved. 

IMG_0174.jpeg

It might be a surprise to you but I have a very clear and powerful recollection of you posting what happened to him and I was actually pretty angry at the time for him.  

You should be proud of him.  For what it’s worth I give him my thumbs up.  It’s what you do when others do you down that defines who you are.  Please tell him that although he doesn’t see or know me I know that and he should have a smile on me. 

Jeff

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

It might be a surprise to you but I have a very clear and powerful recollection of you posting what happened to him and I was actually pretty angry at the time for him.  

You should be proud of him.  For what it’s worth I give him my thumbs up.  It’s what you do when others do you down that defines who you are.  Please tell him that although he doesn’t see or know me I know that and he should have a smile on me. 

Jeff

I Will do Jeff. He still pretends he knows nothing of the plan when he sees the girl that headed that team as she now works for the company that he has franchised with. I’d never have been able to hold my tongue. Everybody knows what a ladydog she is though but he smiles sweetly. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi DW, thanks for the post over on the other board. Just to let you know, your opinion is not misplaced. It is after all how you feel and that is how it should be. We all have our own likes and dislikes.

Indeed Lois, I did love the whole “trendy, edgy, untraditional feel of the ship. I Also never mind being the best dressed person in the room. I’m led to believe that Azamara isn’t a very dressy line too but frankly I don’t care. I’m eagerly awaiting my impending deliveries of some new tailored silk shirts, shoes and jackets that I can throw together last minute 😁

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

You might like to visit a particular running club in NYC, whose itineraries always go from pub to pub.  They call themselves "drinkers with a running problem..."

• Like 1

Lucky you, Jeff, it is cold and windy and sometimes raining here.  And I think for quite a lot of the country, the usual four seasons in one day stuff.

I see jp posting at present, I feel sure he should be in bed asleep.  The stamina those two have is amazing, wish I had half of it.  But then I am in the age group of the dame in the wheelchair, of course.

Lola

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Lucky you, Jeff, it is cold and windy and sometimes raining here.  And I think for quite a lot of the country, the usual four seasons in one day stuff.

I see jp posting at present, I feel sure he should be in bed asleep.  The stamina those two have is amazing, wish I had half of it.  But then I am in the age group of the dame in the wheelchair, of course.

Lola

Well where I am it is only coming up to 9pm. where JP is on the other side of the Continent it is just before dinner time at 7pm.

• Haha 3

L,

We’re lucky down here.   Generally, we seem to be in a bit of a micro-climate here as you might be able to tell from the shape of the bay.  It really does look stunningly Mediterranean-like without the planes and airports and a 2 and a bit hour Helga ride away from home base. 

I think you reach a time when if you are lucky and honest about it you’ve been lucky to have done much more than you’d ever planned to and repeating it all isn’t particularly attractive.  One use to find that travelling to other countries gave you an experience of something different but today everything seems to have become so internationalised that almost every high street  looks similar and the tourists are as well.  The biggest thing that destroyed walking for us when away was nobody ever walks anymore and looks around them.  They are either looking down at their phone or holding it up to their eye or at arms length for selfies.  I am more easily irritated than I use  to be.

The balcony is much nicer than many of the alternatives.  🙂

You’re right!  JP has stamina and a half.  And he and Chris has such a lovely life-work balance and seem to be soulmates which is lovely to see in their pics.

Jeff

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Well where I am it is only coming up to 9pm. where JP is on the other side of the Continent it is just before dinner time at 7pm.

I must be even dafter than I thought - midday here, I thought was around midnight in Oz?  Or 11 p.m. or 1 in the morning. I vaguely recall when we were in Sydney that was the case, maybe not. I think it is time for me to retire gracefully.  

Lola

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

I have often found myself wondering about your life in Brazil,  and if you were inclined I’d be really interested in reading posts about your day to day life - and the more mundane the better.  

Obviously with me being aimless and nosey and liking eating and drinking it’d be great to read and see stuff about your cookings and eatings and in particular what and where ordinary people eat including even perhaps piccies and descriptions of street food.  

I think many Coolers might be interested and see the thread as a great place to read your musings.  I hope others will join me in encouraging you.

I could appoint you The Coolers Ambassador To Brazil!

Thanks. 🙂

Jeff

Jeff,

My life in Rio is like any other. I have my own business that drives my attention 7 days a week, 52 weeks per year, but it is what I like to do and what pays the bills (mainly travelling currently!). The type of business we do is made 95% at our own office that now is home office for the entire team, and everywhere or anywhere office for me!

I am not a beach person which means I only go to the beach in case I have guests. I am not a Samba person as well. When I am not working, I am planning a trip, dreaming about a trip and walking around as I love going out to stroll.

I hope you enjoy your time at the beach.

@Daveywavey70 my best wishes to your partner.

Australian Coolers, I advised my daughter that next time we must visit Australia. I just went there in 2005!

I do enjoy this board! A lot of very interesting coolers.

• Like 11