Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

image.thumb.png.3e099981682a321d02de4891a95513a0.png

image.thumb.jpeg.42ba7ed2f7fd3f52b28c8d61feec410b.jpeg

And one for those from Wales.

A truck loaded with Worcestershire sauce is driving through the Welsh town of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey on its way to Rhosllannerchrugog in Wrexham, when it collides with a Nissan Qashqai.

The truck then skids down the road and hits a car from Llanfihangel Tre’r Beirdd, injuring the two otorhinolaryngologists inside.

One of them, suffering from Schistosomiasis, has a myocardial infarction.

A bystander witnesses the entire event and quickly calls to report the accident on his Huawei.

The emergency operator asks the bystander, “What happened?”

He replies, “It’s hard to say.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Remembering the Andrea Doria today.  We had just left NYC on Cunard's Media headed for Liverpool.  We were too small and too slow to render aid, so we continued on our voyage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon Coolers,

Today although a loving bloke I was a badly lazy one.  I couldn’t face the kitchen.  And I wanted something light and elegant, bit like my wife but she  unfortunately is stuck with me. 

So several bought in seafood starters in shells (two each!) with some Cremant and Hovis cut elegantly and placed on the table.  My work was done and we drank and chatted instead.

Jeff

IMG_6551.jpeg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Emtbsam said:

Remembering the Andrea Doria today.  We had just left NYC on Cunard's Media headed for Liverpool.  We were too small and too slow to render aid, so we continued on our voyage.

I’ve just looked this up as I’d never heard of it and was inquisitive.  

It’s a terrible tragedy.   It seems that you were on a small cargo passenger vessel in July 1956 when this played out with a loss of 51 and your vessel couldn’t help.  

It’s the sort of thing that stays with you.   I think we should raise an e-glass to the memory of that loss and in tribute to your memory.  

Jeff

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

One could mistake stumbling for dancing.  Just saying.😃

You missed the important bit.  

“But we have stumbled home from Black Tartan Kitchen together.“

What is Chris going to say when she reads this …..

😁

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't match the culinary expertise on this forum, or even the restaurant nirvana of Black Tartan Kitchen, but I do have a group of friends that meets for lunch every month.  And here's a meme about us!

ROMEOs.thumb.jpeg.5baaaf297107e7492b6cb2e5ff179772.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, drron29 said:

image.thumb.png.3e099981682a321d02de4891a95513a0.png

image.thumb.jpeg.42ba7ed2f7fd3f52b28c8d61feec410b.jpeg

And one for those from Wales.

A truck loaded with Worcestershire sauce is driving through the Welsh town of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey on its way to Rhosllannerchrugog in Wrexham, when it collides with a Nissan Qashqai.

The truck then skids down the road and hits a car from Llanfihangel Tre’r Beirdd, injuring the two otorhinolaryngologists inside.

One of them, suffering from Schistosomiasis, has a myocardial infarction.

A bystander witnesses the entire event and quickly calls to report the accident on his Huawei.

The emergency operator asks the bystander, “What happened?”

He replies, “It’s hard to say.”

I am in awe of your ability to be brave enough to attempt the Welsh language 

• Haha 3

Well it’s only taken 6 months but I’ve finally finished the video for my little mini break I took back in January. If anyone hasn’t got better things to do this weekend it’s a way to pass an hour. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Well it’s only taken 6 months but I’ve finally finished the video for my little mini break I took back in January. If anyone hasn’t got better things to do this weekend it’s a way to pass an hour. 

You have showcased the scenery of Australia and New Zealand beautifully. A lovely video. Thank you.  I watched it over breakfast and a cuppa rather than reading.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Port Power said:

You have showcased the scenery of Australia and New Zealand beautifully. A lovely video. Thank you.  I watched it over breakfast and a cuppa rather than reading.

Thanks PP, I’m glad you enjoyed it. You certainly live in a beautiful country. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I made Mysty's couscous salad yesterday, pretty much getting the ingredients right, and it was really good.  Thanks, M.

Lola

Sounds good Lola…I’m very fussy with salads….not very adventurous I’m afraid …iceberg, tomatoes, cucumber, egg onion and mayo is my choice with either ham, prawns or tuna and a fluffy jacket potato. 
Guess I’m just a common gal with no taste 🥴

😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

image.jpeg.225225300334f1c3bb6b08dcef234041.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.87a846b08b31610600fc0fb2cc375859.jpeg

Good funny!

I was thinking …. always a bad thing.  

I know that you’ve both been in a profession that on a daily basis confronts you with people and situations, and from personal experience I know there is a potentially rich seam of  experiences to mine and possibly share that might be entertaining or fun. People are fun. 

My Sir Len post (in Munich!) upthread was one of mine.  I have so many about Sir Len and  me that are so much fun ….  Him and me and my team at Les Miserables is one and the day I took him for a senior management visit to Whitbread Breweries and made him buy a new suit because he was so scruffy another … and the day he called me when he was CEO at the NHS because  he was bored because no one regularly showed up to his office for appointments because they were all being mugged in Elephant and Castle roundabout …. 

Real things that happen in life to me seem so potentially rich and colourful  and possibly shareable.

Any stuff you both chuckle about concerning your rich and colourful life of mending people?

🙂

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff