Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

I long ago decided not to wear anything that showed off my 'bad' bits, like the back of the elbows etc.    Sadly, nowadays I think I should just be in a burka (spelling?'.  Or whatever it is which just shows your eyes.

• Like 1

That reminds me, when I worked in Jordan for two years I visited a gallery, in there was a photo of 8 ladies in full burkas, like you said you could only see their eyes, I wondered how you could tell who was who?

• Like 6

We have a hut for each season: four shacks. 

Are we done with the composer puns yet? We could make a list. 

I suppose without the puns this thread would unRavel. 

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

There is something to be said for only having to wear nice shoes and do eyeshadow and mascara - but only if it is not obligatory.

Do you mean ONLY wearing nice shoes Etc, nothing else??🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fudge said:

Do you mean ONLY wearing nice shoes Etc, nothing else??🤣

Under the burka you could be bare, or in your jimjams, or whatever you like.  Of course, your shoes would be designer ones, by Shoe Bert.

• Like 5

Good Afternoon Coolers … from thebalcony@seaside 🙂

She promised me sunshine and today we have some.  

So it was an H Upmann Petit Corona which was rolled in 2002 and is therefore almost as mature as some of my sartorials.  Just jesting.

So sharing a piccy of humidor corner at Seaside.  It has a beach sort of vibe that we want to be smiley and positive.  Hope you like it.  🙂

Jeff

IMG_6696.jpeg

IMG_6693.jpeg

IMG_6692.jpeg

IMG_6691.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

You must be so proud of those dogs; they are absolutely beautiful.  And talk about shiny coats!

They are good dogs. The black one is now 8 1/2 and he is beginning to slow down. The fox red is 4 1/2 and she's the more spiky of the two. It's funny when we go somewhere new to them - the little one always looks to the older one and follows his lead. Thankfully, we can take them anywhere and they don't embarrass us. 

• Like 11

A few years ago we planted a peach tree, which is now about 10' tall.  This year it decided it was time to get serious about producing big luscious peaches in profusion.  We were able to collect them before the raccoons got to them.  These are at peak ripeness - the skins peel right off, leaving you with perfect peach flesh - possibly the most summery thing there is.  Plums are also at their peak - my wife made some lovely plum-ginger preserves, which we'll be enjoying this winter.  I'll try chopping up and freezing some of the peaches, before the fruit flies carry them away.  But last night used some to make a peach pandowdy, which was tasty.  For the crust (only on top), tried a new recipe with usual butter & flour, salt, plus a little sour cream. Added a slosh of limoncello to the filling (and another for the cook).  Washed top with milk and sprinkled with turbinado sugar, then into the oven.  After dinner had a bowl with a dollop of vanilla ice cream & some calvados - mighty tasty!!  

IMG_6700.jpeg

IMG_6701.jpeg

• Like 16

28 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

A few years ago we planted a peach tree, which is now about 10' tall.  This year it decided it was time to get serious about producing big luscious peaches in profusion.  We were able to collect them before the raccoons got to them.  These are at peak ripeness - the skins peel right off, leaving you with perfect peach flesh - possibly the most summery thing there is.  Plums are also at their peak - my wife made some lovely plum-ginger preserves, which we'll be enjoying this winter.  I'll try chopping up and freezing some of the peaches, before the fruit flies carry them away.  But last night used some to make a peach pandowdy, which was tasty.  For the crust (only on top), tried a new recipe with usual butter & flour, salt, plus a little sour cream. Added a slosh of limoncello to the filling (and another for the cook).  Washed top with milk and sprinkled with turbinado sugar, then into the oven.  After dinner had a bowl with a dollop of vanilla ice cream & some calvados - mighty tasty!!  

IMG_6700.jpeg

IMG_6701.jpeg

WOW....That looks delicious!!!🙂

• Like 5

Catching up on blogs!

In July DW and I took a wonderful trip to Maine and Nova Scotia, including a short cruise on THE CAT high-speed car ferry from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth.  I have posted the full blog and photos here, for those who are interested:

• Like 5