Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

27 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Still not uploading my funny pictures.

From red banner on SS Forum home page......

At this time members may experience difficulties adding photos or videos to posts.  We are working on this and hope to have it resolved soon. 

In addition, in the overnight hours on October 16, 2024, between 2 and 3 AM EDT maintenance will be taking place on the boards.  They may be unavailable for up to 3 hours.

Thank you for your patience!

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Coolers! We're having a blast on board Le Commandant Charcot. Unfortunately we disembark tomorrow. The ocean voyage has been very relaxing and the ship is gorgeous. A ship like this is not good news for Silversea. 

We brought our friends along who are long time Silversea cruisers and they are quite pleased. Their last Silversea cruise was on the Endeavor but they say that this is better.

They have booked two more (we're going along on those as well) so that makes five future Ponant bookings for us now.

I'll leave you with a picture of the Ponant burger that I had for lunch today. It was so good that Chris is thinking about visiting the grill before dinner for an appetizer! 

20241016_122231.thumb.jpg.f43ab350014cd4bf04e2c0fc92b8e9c4.jpg

20241016_122832.thumb.jpg.5f9f6d963258d1089b775eebdaee73db.jpg

It tasted like, and looked like, real beef! So good. Why can't Silversea do this?

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Hi Coolers! We're having a blast on board Le Commandant Charcot. Unfortunately we disembark tomorrow. The ocean voyage has been very relaxing and the ship is gorgeous. A ship like this is not good news for Silversea. 

We brought our friends along who are long time Silversea cruisers and they are quite pleased. Their last Silversea cruise was on the Endeavor but they say that this is better.

They have booked two more (we're going along on those as well) so that makes five future Ponant bookings for us now.

I'll leave you with a picture of the Ponant burger that I had for lunch today. It was so good that Chris is thinking about visiting the grill before dinner for an appetizer! 

20241016_122231.thumb.jpg.f43ab350014cd4bf04e2c0fc92b8e9c4.jpg

20241016_122832.thumb.jpg.5f9f6d963258d1089b775eebdaee73db.jpg

It tasted like, and looked like, real beef! So good. Why can't Silversea do this?

That's gone so quickly JP! Glad you've all had a ball. Can't wait for the recap! Are you doing anything post? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

That's gone so quickly JP! Glad you've all had a ball. Can't wait for the recap! Are you doing anything post? 

We will have two days in Tromso. Tomorrow evening we'll do a reindeer sled excursion. Friday we'll stay around town. We fly home Saturday afternoon/ evening. 

I've been too lazy to keep up with my live blog! Kind of pathetic, but we're having too much fun with our friends, and I am wondering where the five days have gone.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Curious, we don't speak more French than merci boucou (can't even spell it) would we have trouble with Ponant?

Not at all. They are very accommodating to Anglophones. The staff are all bilingual and you don't need to speak a word of French. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A question for experienced SSea cruisers: How quickly do the suites book up? We’re looking at the 2026 cruises which were just announced and the book by October 31 promotion and trying to decide whether to wait. The time window in 2026 is June-August in the Med. Thanks for the benefit of your experiences

Hello Coolers, 

We decided to try Windstar for 2025 and booked a 11-night cruise in Tahiti next March. Good intinerary, good single suplement, good schedule for my time in NZ.

Husband and daughter love beach.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Lirio said:

Hello Coolers, 

We decided to try Windstar for 2025 and booked a 11-night cruise in Tahiti next March. Good intinerary, good single suplement, good schedule for my time in NZ.

Husband and daughter love beach.

Can't wait to hear all about it Lirio, I've looked at them a few times and heard good things. Are you on one of the sail ships?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Can't wait to hear all about it Lirio, I've looked at them a few times and heard good things. Are you on one of the sail ships?

No. Star Breeze, not sail.

But it is small and I like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lirio said:

No. Star Breeze, not sail.

But it is small and I like that.

Ive heard the food is quite good, I've always wanted to cruise on a sail ship. I Was lucky enough to be on the Southern Swann in Sydney on Australia Day. That was a magnificent experience, especially when we won the race!

• Like 5