Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

8 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Greetings from Lisbon.  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  Looking forward to seeing JP and Chris on Sunday.

Welcome and Bom Dia!

See you soon...but not too soon. We still have a few more days of this cruise to enjoy.

Walked our feet off today in Málaga. Really enjoyed yesterday as well, in Cartagena. 

The next two days will be super busy. We're in Cadiz overnight. Since we've been here twice before, and done the major sights already, we are renting a car and DIYing it, off the beaten path. Wish us luck!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Welcome and Bom Dia!

See you soon...but not too soon. We still have a few more days of this cruise to enjoy.

Walked our feet off today in Málaga. Really enjoyed yesterday as well, in Cartagena. 

The next two days will be super busy. We're in Cadiz overnight. Since we've been here twice before, and done the major sights already, we are renting a car and DIYing it, off the beaten path. Wish us luck!

Enjoy the open road JP and Chris! 🥰

Hi TB😀 I had leftovers for lunch but I am not a pumpkin pie person so none for me. It is just me here and  I made a Cornish hen, sweet potatoes, acorn squash and creamed spinach. Dessert was a Mrs Callenders mini sized apple pie😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi TB😀 I had leftovers for lunch but I am not a pumpkin pie person so none for me. It is just me here and  I made a Cornish hen, sweet potatoes, acorn squash and creamed spinach. Dessert was a Mrs Callenders mini sized apple pie😀

Lois, 

It was just the 2 of us and I made a turkey breast, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, and steamed green beans. I force DH to have a piece of pumpkin pie every Thanksgiving. Not his favorite either but I love tradition.

Your dinner sounds yummy too.

I have the carcass of the breast simmering on the stove top for my annual after Thanksgiving turkey soup.

Have a nice weekend.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Lois, 

It was just the 2 of us and I made a turkey breast, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, and steamed green beans. I force DH to have a piece of pumpkin pie every Thanksgiving. Not his favorite either but I love tradition.

Your dinner sounds yummy too.

I have the carcass of the breast simmering on the stove top for my annual after Thanksgiving turkey soup.

Have a nice weekend.

Thanks, you too! Oh pumpkin pie was never part of our dinner when I was a kid. My dad was an apple pie guy and mom made it all from scratch. Best crust I ever ate😀 and her stuffing? I almost cry when I think of it now. So so so good.

• Like 1

Evening all. Oh well, South Africa is off the cards then. So it looks like plan E has been abandoned and we are now looking at plan F. Unfortunately I get a bee in my bonnet when it comes to single supplements, especially when ships are necessarily sailing at reduced capacity, so SS are now ruled out for my January trip. Options are becoming more limited by the day.  

I’ve found a fairly safe option with a brilliant solo price on a Crystal cruise and have wanted to try them for some time but alas, the Caribbean has never really appealed to me. As a person that doesn’t like sand or beaches and would only ever sit on a sunbed if either a gun was pointed to my head or I’d been surreptitiously attached to it with cable ties, will I be driven to insanity or is there enough to keep me occupied with cultural/ wildlife/ natural beauty/ landscapes/ adventures to save me from throwing myself overboard into the “beautiful Crystal clear waters”?

Itinerary is :_

Miami

St John

Antigua and Barbuda

St Barts 

St Maarten

San Juan

St Thomas

St Kitts

Dominica

Tortola

Miami

A Couple of nights pre cruise in the Villa Casa Casaurina might help to soften the blow. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Evening all. Oh well, South Africa is off the cards then. So it looks like plan E has been abandoned and we are now looking at plan F. Unfortunately I get a bee in my bonnet when it comes to single supplements, especially when ships are necessarily sailing at reduced capacity, so SS are now ruled out for my January trip. Options are becoming more limited by the day.  

I’ve found a fairly safe option with a brilliant solo price on a Crystal cruise and have wanted to try them for some time but alas, the Caribbean has never really appealed to me. As a person that doesn’t like sand or beaches and would only ever sit on a sunbed if either a gun was pointed to my head or I’d been surreptitiously attached to it with cable ties, will I be driven to insanity or is there enough to keep me occupied with cultural/ wildlife/ natural beauty/ landscapes/ adventures to save me from throwing myself overboard into the “beautiful Crystal clear waters”?

Itinerary is :_

Miami

St John

Antigua and Barbuda

St Barts 

St Maarten

San Juan

St Thomas

St Kitts

Dominica

Tortola

Miami

A Couple of nights pre cruise in the Villa Casa Casaurina might help to soften the blow. 

Like you DW I am not a fan of surf and sand.  However,  if your goal is to get away and to be pampered in the process I would suggest that you grab any opportunity for that!  COVID is not finished with us yet!  We can't predict how future variants will impact our world.   If this is a remotely appealing option do it!  Carpe Diem lad! 🥰

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

Like you DW I am not a fan of surf and sand.  However,  if your goal is to get away and to be pampered in the process I would suggest that you grab any opportunity for that!  COVID is not finished with us yet!  We can't predict how future variants will impact our world.   If this is a remotely appealing option do it!  Carpe Diem lad! 🥰

Haha, cheers M. I’ve always seen it as an unappealing option (no offence intended to anybody that enjoys beaches or relaxing, it’s just not my thing) but I’m so desperate for an adventure. I can’t believe I’m thinking about it but after All of my previous plans for this winters break, India, Antarctica, South America/Manchu Pichu/Amazon, Sri Lanka/Maldives, South Africa have gone nellies up I’m running out of both time and options. 

• Like 1

Just now, Daveywavey70 said:

Haha, cheers M. I’ve always seen it as an unappealing option (no offence intended to anybody that enjoys beaches or relaxing, it’s just not my thing) but I’m so desperate for an adventure. I can’t believe I’m thinking about it but after All of my previous plans for this winters break, India, Antarctica, South America/Manchu Pichu/Amazon, Sri Lanka/Maldives, South Africa have gone nellies up I’m running out of both time and options. 

Yes!  And perhaps the universe is providing you with an option you will enjoy even if it goes contrary to what you think you would enjoy!  Things happen for a reason lad!  You just need to trust! 🥰

9 minutes ago, mysty said:

Yes!  And perhaps the universe is providing you with an option you will enjoy even if it goes contrary to what you think you would enjoy!  Things happen for a reason lad!  You just need to trust! 🥰

I Know M, I might actually take a little reluctant enjoyment from something I’d only ever previously  discounted. I do like the idea of staying at the Versace mansion and there are a couple of decent eateries in the area. I’m just hoping that I can find enough to do on the cruise without having to trouble myself with coming into close contact with sand. 

• Like 1

May I suggest you book this sun-sand&surf cruise, and bring along, say - the complete works (to date) of Robert Caro (The Power Broker, + first several volumes on LBJ).  Find a nice place to plop down with the right kind of light (and refreshments) and get lost in a good (multi-day) read.  I have operated on the assumption that something similar to this is one of the attractions offered in heaven, interspersed with some good meals and a shower with good pressure and lots of hot water.  (OK, and some efficient housekeeping in the bargain.)  If it is not, I ain't goin'!  

Let those youngsters frolic in the surf and step on the spiny sea urchins, you'll be up on the top deck with your floppy hat and maybe a Corpse Reviver!  Bon Voyage! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

May I suggest you book this sun-sand&surf cruise, and bring along, say - the complete works (to date) of Robert Caro (The Power Broker, + first several volumes on LBJ).  Find a nice place to plop down with the right kind of light (and refreshments) and get lost in a good (multi-day) read.  I have operated on the assumption that something similar to this is one of the attractions offered in heaven, interspersed with some good meals and a shower with good pressure and lots of hot water.  (OK, and some efficient housekeeping in the bargain.)  If it is not, I ain't goin'!  

Let those youngsters frolic in the surf and step on the spiny sea urchins, you'll be up on the top deck with your floppy hat and maybe a Corpse Reviver!  Bon Voyage! 

Many thanks WWFT,  I Must admit that sitting here in the middle of storm Arwen, with rattling windows and slates, 6 anxious cats, 2 jumpy spaniels and a draught you could play Beethovens wind concerto on, that the idea of being hit on the head with a loose flying coconut is looking like a much more appealing option! BTW, I never travel without my trusty Fedora, that at least will offer me some protection. 

• Like 3