Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

4 minutes ago, Lirio said:

Unusual winter Saturday, raining, windy, temperature of 18c, gray skies....the only option is to watch last Olympics all day...

There is a song from Adriana Calcanhoto about Cariocas (those that live in Rio) that says Cariocas do not like grey days....

Cariocas são bonitos, cariocas são bacanas
Cariocas são sacanas, cariocas são dourados
Cariocas são modernos, cariocas são espertos
Cariocas são diretos, cariocas não gostam de dias nublados

Cariocas nascem bambas, cariocas nascem craques
Cariocas têm sotaque, cariocas são alegres
Cariocas são atentos, cariocas são tão sexys
Cariocas são tão claros, cariocas não gostam de sinal fechado

Cariocas são bonitos, cariocas são bacanas
Cariocas são sacanas, cariocas são dourados
Cariocas são modernos, cariocas são espertos
Cariocas são diretos, cariocas não gostam de dias nublados

Cariocas nascem bambas, cariocas nascem craques
Cariocas têm sotaque, cariocas são alegres
Cariocas são atentos, cariocas são tão sexys
Cariocas são tão claros, cariocas não gostam de sinal fechado

Bonitos, bacanas
Sacanas, dourados
Modernos, espertos, diretos, alegres
São tão claros
São tão claros

Love that!  "Hard to stay in your seat" music! 😁

• Like 1

A few years ago I used an interactive world map to plot the places we had visited in our traveling life.  I updated it today.  Myster and I have been very lucky bunnies to have traveled the world.  It seems we have visited 38% of the countries on the map.

CountriesVisited2024.JPG.2ba5cf1e425426eead88ec3f21ab97dd.JPG

If folks are interested in mapping their travel life here is the application I used.  There are many different options.  This one was very easy to use.

https://cmoreira.net/visited-countries-map/

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mysty said:

A few years ago I used an interactive world map to plot the places we had visited in our traveling life.  I updated it today.  Myster and I have been very lucky bunnies to have traveled the world.  It seems we have visited 38% of the countries on the map.

If folks are interested in mapping their travel life here is the application I used.  There are many different options.  This one was very easy to use.

Thanks Misty.

I have kept a sheet of paper with mine all listed. Good idea.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mysty said:

You are missing Brazil!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lirio said:

You are missing Brazil!!!!

Yes we are missing Brazil!  It's on the future list.  The cruise we took started in Buenos Aires.  Brazil is definitely somewhere we are looking forward to exploring.  🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Yes we are missing Brazil!  It's on the future list.  The cruise we took started in Buenos Aires.  Brazil is definitely somewhere we are looking forward to exploring.  🥰

We disembarked our cruise in BA and flew to Rio for a few days after our 30 day cruise around S.America. It was the highlight of our trip. Truly one of the most beautiful cities in the World.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

My Bertie had a fabulous time at the Eglwysbach show today. He wasn’t impressed with the Ice cream though. 

IMG_5940.jpeg

IMG_5928.mov

IMG_5936.jpeg

IMG_5919.mov

IMG_5922.jpeg

Bertie is my inspiration!  He has struggles and he soldiers on!  No whining and complaining!  Just grabbing the joy!  You go Bertie! 🥰

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mysty said:

Bertie is my inspiration!  He has struggles and he soldiers on!  No whining and complaining!  Just grabbing the joy!  You go Bertie! 🥰

He fills my heart with joy M, he just gets on with living his best life. He was exhausted though today and had a nap when we got back to the car. 

• Like 9

I suspect that some people might say, perfectly understandably, Wor-ces-ter-shire.  We do try to be deliberately annoying, as in Featherstonehaugh which is pronounced Fanshaw. And so on.  No wonder we have a reputation as awkward so-and-sos.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20240811_103032.thumb.jpg.0eaea67d730dd8e56e0fc1af6f167308.jpg

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

614836e45bc61-CQY9nbyFuOI-png__700-338x338.jpg.32c569f51965691743ae9d68eb4e9eb8.jpg

in brazil we say molho inglês (english sauce) 😉

Edited by Lirio
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

One of the really interesting things that Ian Carswell of Black Tartan Kitchen does is to recognize and celebrate the local folks who supply the wonderful ingredients that are used to create the magic in his culinary delights.  Once a month there is a Supper Club menu crafted around a local supplier.  The next Supper Club is Thursday August 15th and we are booked for it.

Capturea.JPG.9e60b651b24968a607efde9af3de8999.JPG

Captureb.JPG.f6b7ed850a3a5a7486be08d1111a5811.JPG

A report will follow.  😁

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, mysty said:

One of the really interesting things that Ian Carswell of Black Tartan Kitchen does is to recognize and celebrate the local folks who supply the wonderful ingredients that are used to create the magic in his culinary delights.  Once a month there is a Supper Club menu crafted around a local supplier.  The next Supper Club is Thursday August 15th and we are booked for it.

Capturea.JPG.9e60b651b24968a607efde9af3de8999.JPG

Captureb.JPG.f6b7ed850a3a5a7486be08d1111a5811.JPG

A report will follow.  😁

I Actually recommended the Black tartan Kitchen to somebody earlier this week. She has a lake cabin about 30 minutes away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I Actually recommended the Black tartan Kitchen to somebody earlier this week. She has a lake cabin about 30 minutes away. 

Thank you @Daveywavey70!  She won't be disappointed! 😁  BTK will be closed for the last 2 weeks of August.   A new tasting menu will start on their return. 

Well, the games are now closed and in my opinion, Paris did a wonderful job. I watched much of them including today's Closing Ceremony and I enjoyed it very much. 

There were over 45,000 volunteers!  And after what happened during Tokyo (Covid, no fans) it was wonderful to see all the spectators too😀 and of course, all the athletes!!!!

And the 2028 Olympics are in LA😃

• Like 7

I watched very little of the Games as I was watching replays of Le Tour. No coverage in Japan where we were in July so I had no knowledge of what had happened.

Really liked some of the moments. Bardot wearing the yellow jersey for the first time in his career at his last appearance at Le Tour. 
Cavendish winning his record breaking stage.

And fantastic performance by the fellow from Eritrea Girmay with his multiple stage wins.

• Like 2