Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi friends, back from Mexico last night...….had a fun visit with my 2 sister's and bill's:classic_smile:....it was the first time the 3 of us had been together since 2014.

Mysty, good luck to you both on the move:classic_smile: and congrats as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends, back from Mexico last night...….had a fun visit with my 2 sister's and bill's:classic_smile:....it was the first time the 3 of us had been together since 2014.  Mysty, good luck to you both on the move:classic_smile: and congrats as well.

Glad to hear that Lois enjoyed your Mexico trip and family connections.  Good luck to Mysty with your move and transition.  Getting finished with my live/blog postings and visuals.  As mentioned there, was very impressed with the Silver Muse and the quality of the staff on the ship, plus great food, etc.  Silversea has bold and ambitious plans with their new ship.  Keeping the quality high will be a key part of their future challenge.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 223,761 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

• Like 1

Hi Mysty, I am packing and moving too!  Found an over-55 "Villa" new community about 15 miles north of me and signed papers to have them build me one.  The yard and 4 bedrooms are too much and too much to take care of now.  Been loading boxes into the basement in preparation for the painters/carpet to come in 2 weeks.  Then on the market.  Bubble wrap is no longer fun...

Missy in Maryland 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MHF said:

Hi Mysty, I am packing and moving too!  Found an over-55 "Villa" new community about 15 miles north of me and signed papers to have them build me one.  The yard and 4 bedrooms are too much and too much to take care of now.  Been loading boxes into the basement in preparation for the painters/carpet to come in 2 weeks.  Then on the market.  Bubble wrap is no longer fun...

Missy in Maryland 

Oh Missy!  Thanks so much for your post!  I have a partner in crime!  🙂  I hope you were not a pack rat like I was.  It's much more difficult than it should be!  Our place will be listed on Thursday.  Our housing market right now is good for sellers (apparently).  Hopefully this will all go smoothly!  Best wishes for your endeavour!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 8:22 PM, mysty said:

Oh Missy!  Thanks so much for your post!  I have a partner in crime!  🙂  I hope you were not a pack rat like I was.  It's much more difficult than it should be!  Our place will be listed on Thursday.  Our housing market right now is good for sellers (apparently).  Hopefully this will all go smoothly!  Best wishes for your endeavour!

Mysty, may you have the good fortune we did, and have your house sell in 1 day from listing!   Yesterday was our move day, house is box-chaos, and I am gleefully sitting in my office at work.  At least here, I know where all my stuff is.  For some reason, my husband's idea of prepping for retirement in 5 years, is to acquire a much larger home.  I did not think I was a pack rat, until time came to pack my quilting & weaving supplies .... honestly, I think I can open a store, and run classes!   Well, it will save me money, I won't find the need to buy anything, anytime too soon.  Congrats on your upcoming move adventure, and imagine all the travelling you can do without the worry of taking care of a house.

• Like 1

T

9 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

Mysty, may you have the good fortune we did, and have your house sell in 1 day from listing!   Yesterday was our move day, house is box-chaos, and I am gleefully sitting in my office at work.  At least here, I know where all my stuff is.  For some reason, my husband's idea of prepping for retirement in 5 years, is to acquire a much larger home.  I did not think I was a pack rat, until time came to pack my quilting & weaving supplies .... honestly, I think I can open a store, and run classes!   Well, it will save me money, I won't find the need to buy anything, anytime too soon.  Congrats on your upcoming move adventure, and imagine all the travelling you can do without the worry of taking care of a house.

Thanks so much for your well wishes Jan!  The photograper was here this morning taking pictures for the MLS listing which will hopefully go live tomorrow.  We de-cluttered the rooms for the photos and the basement looks like Armageddon has been and gone!  A very firm hand will be required to deal with the pack-ratedness (probably not a word but should be) that is evident down there!  We will be moving into a 2 bedroom 1300 sq foot apartment.  

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 7:43 PM, MHF said:

Missy in Maryland 

Hi Missy😁is the new place associated with Dell Web?

All this packing up and moving going on! Big changes coming. 

We had to cram all of our stuff into our two rollaboard suitcases last night. Wasn't as easy as they day we left, since we had to fit two parkas and two backpacks into the suitcases now. But we managed. 

Now on the plane to Boston, having taken off about 15 minutes ago. Work tomorrow. At least we have the weekend off, to recover, if we make it through Thursday and Friday. 

Goodbye Iceland, from the window. We ate lunch at the very tip of that peninsula. 

20190814_172519.thumb.jpg.9fb69cb74b409f5965cc72f8c966d5ac.jpg

I'm hoping for a shot of Greenland as we fly over. Coolest thing about Iceland Air. Most flights pass right over, so on a clear day you can get great shots.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Missy😁is the new place associated with Dell Web?

Lois,

It is not Dell Webb.  It's part of a larger community called the Villages of Urbana.  "My" Boxwoods Village by NV is over-55 as are 2 others that are being built.  The other Villages are not age restricted.  We all have access to the same pools, tennis, etc.  

I think the only Dell Webb around here is either DE or VA, not MD.

I"m hoping my current place sells, I can go on SS in Nov, and then move in Dec.

M in M

Missy, good luck with your move:classic_smile:...a while back my sis and bil lived in a Dell Webb community......that is why I asked. They really enjoyed it.

Hi JP, glad you and Chris had fun and safe travels home!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. There was poor visibility in Boston as we approached so we ended up circling for over 30 minutes, then finally landed about 7:00. Global entry was speedy and luggage was actually quick too, so we were out on the curb waiting for a bus a little after 7:15. Unfortunately we'd just missed it so the next was there about 7:40. We grabbed our car quickly and got home just after 10:30. Could have been worse.

Now up and ready for a work day. Will run out of steam at some point I am sure, but Iceland was worth it.

• Like 3

Well Mysty, it's sorta close - my mom was from the Ozarks, so yes, school trip was uphill both ways, they just never seen snow.

How did the photography & listing go?  Our agent turned the photos into a YouTube video that was posted as well, we were laughing so hard.  Have to say, our old house looked fantastic in photo, the new house - pictures didn't do it justice.  Second night in the new house, I finally got some sleep (apparently I looked like the walking dead, office manager kept suggesting I go home early yesterday).  I even found my clothes for work this morning, and remember which cabinet the coffee cups are in.  Off to a great start 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

Well Mysty, it's sorta close - my mom was from the Ozarks, so yes, school trip was uphill both ways, they just never seen snow.

How did the photography & listing go?  Our agent turned the photos into a YouTube video that was posted as well, we were laughing so hard.  Have to say, our old house looked fantastic in photo, the new house - pictures didn't do it justice.  Second night in the new house, I finally got some sleep (apparently I looked like the walking dead, office manager kept suggesting I go home early yesterday).  I even found my clothes for work this morning, and remember which cabinet the coffee cups are in.  Off to a great start 😀

Great start Jan!  Clothes and coffee!  Key components to the start of the day!  🙂  Photography went well.  We got a sneak peek at the pix last night.  We loved them and really hope someone else does too!  Our agent is doing the same....drone footage of exterior and pictures of interior on YouTube.  I'll keep the Cooler denizens posted.  We have never sold a home before.  We bought our house in 1980 and have never moved.  We are newbies at this!

5 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Hope all goes well with the move M. It must be daunting but well worth it once you've settled into the new place.

Thanks DW!  It is daunting in the extreme!  And we just got notice that there is a viewing request for this evening at 5:30 pm.  Now the madness begins!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mysty said:

Thanks DW!  It is daunting in the extreme!  And we just got notice that there is a viewing request for this evening at 5:30 pm.  Now the madness begins!

Woo hoo!!!!  And that's how it started for us, we had one showing the day it was listed, 4 the next day, and 2 the following - we had to cancel the last guy as we had accepted an offer before he was scheduled to come see it.  Ironically, that evening we had 6 more requests for the Friday and Saturday before the scheduled open house on Sunday.  Obviously the open house was cancelled but not in time to pull it from the newspaper - so, yes, we had several people ring the door bell (even though we had a sign posted on the door that the open house was cancelled).  We needed drinks after that!!!!

21 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

Woo hoo!!!!  And that's how it started for us, we had one showing the day it was listed, 4 the next day, and 2 the following - we had to cancel the last guy as we had accepted an offer before he was scheduled to come see it.  Ironically, that evening we had 6 more requests for the Friday and Saturday before the scheduled open house on Sunday.  Obviously the open house was cancelled but not in time to pull it from the newspaper - so, yes, we had several people ring the door bell (even though we had a sign posted on the door that the open house was cancelled).  We needed drinks after that!!!!

WOW Jan!  Your "old" house must have been spectacular!  I just hope we get more than 1 viewing request.  🙂 

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Great insights as to how the photography was done for your home, the use of the drone, prep for your first showing, etc.  Keep us posted as to how well you are able to manage the "MADNESS".  Good luck!!!!  Nice to hear of the big success for UpstateJan.  Lots of offers is good.  Better than the alternative.  

Welcome back to J.P.  Yes, adjusting back to "real life" can be a difficult challenging.  And, getting your diet back in balance can be tough after a very successful cruise on a line that provide great dining delights. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 248,316 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

• Thanks 1

Coolers, I need to apologize in advance because I am about to mini-rant.  We had two viewings at the same time tonight.  When we returned to the house we went about turning off lights.  When I went into the basement bathroom there was an odour.  Someone had used the toilet and did not flush!  Seriously????  Who does that in a home they are viewing belonging to people they don't even know!  This did not start our new adventure off on a very good foot!  Rant over!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Someone had used the toilet and did not flush!  Seriously????  Who does that in a home they are viewing belonging to people they don't even know!

Could you imagine if the people of the middle to late 18th century were to return today?  They would be absolutely aghast at the manners of today’s society.

• Like 2