1st time with NCL on Epic :what would you suggest to prepay or reserve before cruise?

DearTravelers,

It is going to be our first timewith NCL. We have never reserved any entertainment activities ahead of travelwith Celebrity, Princess or RCCL.

However, on my account with NCL Ican see that we can choose the day for the dinners, for the entertainmentactivities with the fee or complementary. What would you recommend to prepay orreserve ahead of the time from home?

Do you have to reserve on boardcomplementary activities, or just first come first serve?

Also, we have purchased the “The Ultimate Beverage Package”. However, it looks like it didnot include specialty coffee or bottled water?

All suggestions will greatly appreciated!:)

DearTravelers,

It is going to be our first time with NCL. We have never reserved any entertainment activities ahead of travel with Celebrity, Princess or RCCL. However, on my account with NCL I can see that we can choose the day for the dinners, for the entertainment activities with the fee or complementary. What would you recommend to prepay or reserve ahead of the time from home? Do you have to reserve on board complementary activities, or just first come first serve? Also, we have purchased the “The Ultimate Beverage Package”. However, it looks like it did not include specialty coffee or bottled water? All suggestions will greatly appreciated!:)

Booking on the Epic is just like booking on RCCL Quantum or Oasis class ships.

Booking for dinners and shows opened on May 26, 2018. Prime time dining may be sold out already.

You should book your two main theater shows: Priscilla and Burn the Floor. They both will show on 2 nights during your cruise (only), two shows a night. If you want to see the Cirque dinner show (extra cost), you also must make reservations (always book premium seats).

If you are going to do Specialty Dining, you must make reservations. If the dates/times you want are sold out, book those reservations immediately as soon as you embark. You can go to guest services or use the touch screen kiosks

Dinner reservations for the main dining room are not needed. Like My Time Dining, you show up when you are hungry or when you have an opening on your schedule. You are seated on a private table. You take as long (or short) as you want for dinner.

There are no formal nights. NCL embraces "dress up or not". Shorts can be worn to all meals in all dining rooms except the Manhattan Room MDR and Le Bistro specialty dining. For those two restaurants, NCL kindly requests that you wear long pants (jeans, dockers, etc.). Most people dress up a little for dinner. But jackets and ties are rare.

Many thanks!!! Very valuable reply. Just one more question. What di d you mean by the "Prime time dining may be sold out already."

Where? in Specialty restaurants?

Certain times for dining in Specialty dining venues fill quickly. If you want Cirque, I would definitely book online. You can always try and change the times once on board.

Booking on the Epic is just like booking on RCCL Quantum or Oasis class ships.

Booking for dinners and shows opened on May 26, 2018. Prime time dining may be sold out already.

You should book your two main theater shows: Priscilla and Burn the Floor. They both will show on 2 nights during your cruise (only), two shows a night. If you want to see the Cirque dinner show (extra cost), you also must make reservations (always book premium seats).

If you are going to do Specialty Dining, you must make reservations. If the dates/times you want are sold out, book those reservations immediately as soon as you embark. You can go to guest services or use the touch screen kiosks

Dinner reservations for the main dining room are not needed. Like My Time Dining, you show up when you are hungry or when you have an opening on your schedule. You are seated on a private table. You take as long (or short) as you want for dinner.

There are no formal nights. NCL embraces "dress up or not". Shorts can be worn to all meals in all dining rooms except the Manhattan Room MDR and Le Bistro specialty dining. For those two restaurants, NCL kindly requests that you wear long pants (jeans, dockers, etc.). Most people dress up a little for dinner. But jackets and ties are rare.

Thanks for sharing this great info! I too am going on Epic for the first time coming from RCCL/Celebrity, so this really makes a lot of sense of what I had in mind as far as the experience. Looking forward to trying out Epic and NCL for the very first time!