Newbie Spa/Relaxation Area Questions?

caroak

First time on Celebrity and I find it confusing trying to figure out all the different Spa/Relaxation areas. I called Celebrity and spoke to two different agents who didn't have a clue and kept having to look up everything and I still didn't get my answers. I'm planning on booking a massage and would like to know what area or areas, if any, I'll have free access to by booking a treatment? I know there's an area in the front of the ship so would that be it and, if so, is there a time restriction? I do know some areas require purchasing a day pass and I believe they're the Persian Garden and the Thermal Spa. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Carole

This is from the AquaClass benefits:

Free, unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room

The Persian Garden (SEA Thermal Suites on the Edge) and Relaxation Room are complimentary at any time, exclusive to Celebrity’s Aqua Class guests. All other guests may experience the Relaxation Room at no cost before or after spa treatments. Some have reported that this isn't enforced always, but that remains to be seen on the Edge. I doubt there is a time limit on the day of your spa treatment - I would bet you could go early and stay after for a while without an issue.

On the Edge, the SEA Thermal Suites has 8 options, some of which look pretty amazing. These are complimentary for AQ only and cost for others is $49 per day, $149 for the week and $249 for couples for a week for all others (or at least these were the prices a few months ago when it first came up in our cruise planners). The S and M Class ships charge $25 per day (called Persian Garden), but have less options.

Hope you can have a nice, relaxing day at the spa!

Here's a link to the spa thread with more info:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2608650

enhance

This is from the AquaClass benefits:

Free, unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room

The Persian Garden (SEA Thermal Suites on the Edge) and Relaxation Room are complimentary at any time, exclusive to Celebrity’s Aqua Class guests. All other guests may experience the Relaxation Room at no cost before or after spa treatments. Some have reported that this isn't enforced always, but that remains to be seen on the Edge. I doubt there is a time limit on the day of your spa treatment - I would bet you could go early and stay after for a while without an issue.

On the Edge, the SEA Thermal Suites has 8 options, some of which look pretty amazing. These are complimentary for AQ only and cost for others is $49 per day, $149 for the week and $249 for couples for a week for all others (or at least these were the prices a few months ago when it first came up in our cruise planners). The S and M Class ships charge $25 per day (called Persian Garden), but have less options.

Hope you can have a nice, relaxing day at the spa!

Here's a link to the spa thread with more info:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2608650

enhance

VT, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the AQ cabins are booked so we're in a Concierge cabin. I took a look at the Deck 14 layout and see that the Thermal Suites are at the front of the ship with the Relaxation Room on the side which doesn't look very big. There is another area behind the Thermal Suites that's marked "Spa" so wondering what might be in that area and if it's only for those who booked a treatment?

Carole

VT, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the AQ cabins are booked so we're in a Concierge cabin. I took a look at the Deck 14 layout and see that the Thermal Suites are at the front of the ship with the Relaxation Room on the side which doesn't look very big. There is another area behind the Thermal Suites that's marked "Spa" so wondering what might be in that area and if it's only for those who booked a treatment?

Carole

Unless I'm really misreading things, the Web site now has a couples Spa access pass listed at $399 for the week. That's up from the $249 price listed earlier.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Hi Carole - Looking at the spa diagram, the entire space labeled "spa" is part of the Thermal Suite. The small rooms to the right are treatment rooms. If you go to the spa link in the above post and go down to about post #32, there is is a video link that gives you a brief description of the different rooms offered in the Thermal Suite. 53edbbff64ed2f2e138f5a5ece7debcc.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Unless I'm really misreading things, the Web site now has a couples Spa access pass listed at $399 for the week. That's up from the $249 price listed earlier.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

When I just checked my cruise planner, it is now saying one person for $219 and couples for $399, but that is for the Thermal Suite AND Thalassotherapy pool use for a week. The other price was just for the Thermal Suite, I think. I didn't know that they had a Thalassotherapy pool until tonight (and don't remember seeing it in the cruise planner before).

It is described as "Submerge yourself in deep relaxation with this 7-day pass to our Thermal Suite and our Thalassotherapy Pool, an oasis complete with grottos, chaise lounges, and a natural bubbling salt-water spring that will wash your cares away."

Very exciting, if true. I think it could be in the circled area below?

enhance

Wow..both t pool and PG..thermal suites are a must have for our Nov non AQ cruise..

Wonder if T pool will be included for AQ cruise? .we both enjoy that,,,

Usually those with a spa treatment are placed in the R room to fill out papers, drink infused water and relax a bit before the treatment and meet with the therapist, I believe they may go after as well. AQ class guests have it as an inclusion...another benefit along with PG and BLU.

It can be quite warm in there if sun shines in...we enjoy it before and after spa and PG....it is small adpnd unfortunately not everyone is always peaceful and quiet,,

Edited by hcat

As far as the Relaxation room goes, the Web Site used to say Exclusive use of the Relaxation Room, it no longer does, perhaps that’s why I haven’t seen any enforcement of it for a couple of years. They have put something like this on their web site for years, say you have use of this but don’t mention everyone does. Advertising lingo. Also, the room is basically a fancy waiting room with a nice view, not something I would book a cruise over.

Interesting about the T pools, Celebrities had a couple different variations going back to the Century.

We did see it enforced on Reflection but that was awhile ago...Door was kept locked . Had to show your room card with AQ on it...I agree not worth booking AQ for that alone!

It will now be controlled by the new Spa area entity so who knows what the rules will be..

Off topic, but wonder if Canyon Ranch will continue on M Class...maybe new Entity will take over at some point????

We did see it enforced on Reflection but that was awhile ago...Door was kept locked . Had to show your room card with AQ on it...I agree not worth booking AQ for that alone!

It will now be controlled by the new Spa area entity so who knows what the rules will be..

Off topic, but wonder if Canyon Ranch will continue on M Class...maybe new Entity will take over at some point????

I would think that Canyon Ranch would stay, didn’t they just announce something with exercise programs.

CR was very good at first...some nice therapies, great spa clothes..never lived their products over La Therapie/ Elemis

Recently they have become more and more like Steiner used to be...heavy pitch of products, less emphasis on balance and wellness and very cagey with pricing ..I always get mine in writing and initialled!

Contracts and revenue will no doubt be the deciding factor. I think..but not sure that the new entity on EDGE does have some connection or other to old spa ...not sure exactly how.

Hoping for 2 great spa vacations at sea in 2019!