Best dinner seating time on Gem?

loubeee

We're on the Gem in November. What times do the shows and late night events usually happen? When should we book specialty dining reservations?

I was thinking 7:30 pm but then I realized it could conflict with showtimes. We are in our late twenties so we're okay with being up late and plan to be. What are the late showtimes?

Thanks!

Dinners in the main dining room generally average at least 90 mins, and I have heard up to 2hrs.

Yes, and if you are going to a show after dinner you should tell your server. They're supposed to ask, but I haven't found it to be consistent. Servers ordinarily don't take dessert orders until all main-course dishes have been cleared. Once I was with someone, not going to the show that night, who ordered two main courses and set the whole table back by 20 minutes or so. Similarly, if anyone orders two appetizers, serving of the main courses will be delayed. In either case, servers can bring yours sooner if they know.

• 2 weeks later...

I got off the Gem July 28th. The show are at 7pm and 9pm. My suggestion is to grab a light snack (buffet or O'Sheehans) prior to the 7pm show and then have dinner around 8:30.

For the shows, like a previous member said, you want to be there about 15 min ahead to get seats.